Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Mephalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    109

    [Solo] Mage soloing at level 90

    Hello there brothers and sisters mages.
    I was wandering how far can we go now as a level 90 with the soloing old content.
    I am not good at that and never pushed it that hard to be solo and always bring a friend just for the fun.
    But since there are not that many players and that we all have so much stuff to do with the new expand (dailys and alts and achievs) not many ppl want to come and help me with that.

    So my question is what is the limits now since there were ppl killing onyxia and Yogg +4 so on on level 85?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephalia View Post
    Hello there brothers and sisters mages.
    I was wandering how far can we go now as a level 90 with the soloing old content.
    I am not good at that and never pushed it that hard to be solo and always bring a friend just for the fun.
    But since there are not that many players and that we all have so much stuff to do with the new expand (dailys and alts and achievs) not many ppl want to come and help me with that.

    So my question is what is the limits now since there were ppl killing onyxia and Yogg +4 so on on level 85?
    Limits as a mage or limits in general? Sorry I don't have any answers though, I was curious to see how much mages could solo.

  3. #3
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    16,361
    Mages are actually quite capable of soloing older content at the moment thanks to a combination of two things; Invocation, and Glyph of Evocation. A 40% heal every 10 seconds is quite a boon to both soloing and leveling, which can be further improved through survability talents like Ice Barrier and Greater Invisibility.

    I wouldn't recommend doing it as any other spec than Frost, given that it has extremely potent control and cleave capabilities.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  4. #4
    High Overlord Mephalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    109
    Yeah, sure it will be a frost spec for the win.
    But what will be soloable now?
    -I will be going to try how easy is Onyxia for the mount. I have tried her at 85 but didnt have the determination to kill her every week since it was too hard compared to 2-3 man it.
    -Also TK should be easy but havent tried it as well but if some1 did please share some tips for that.
    -I did killed Alysrazor with the help of a friend SP but this should be pretty easy now before the Pyroblast have a 3 sec CD.

    I couldnt think of any other possible farmable things that worth doing and I dont have. Malygos is not a consurn for me as I have both mounts but please share all you experience with me I will be glad to read it.

  5. #5
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3
    TK, Kael'thas is really easy. Only slightly difficult part is phase 3 when you have all 4 adds at the same time because of all the cc you recieve, but just blow a couple cds to kill them quickly. Don't have water elemental out and you won't get mind controlled.

    Don't know much about the other stuff you listed.

  6. #6
    I soloed LK25 normal, cata heroic dungeons, firelands first 3 boss with my mage.

  7. #7
    Moderator LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    3,163
    Quote Originally Posted by benike1 View Post
    I soloed LK25 normal, cata heroic dungeons, firelands first 3 boss with my mage.
    You killed Lich King on 25m? I'd like to see a video or something of that. I was working on ICC 10 on my Mage and got Marrowgar and LDW down decently. Saurfang probably wouldn't be too bad. Haven't gone much further.

    EDIT: To add to that, TK is pretty easy now, I do it weekly now. Just go frost, when the 4 adds pop up, Mirror Image, Alter Time WHEN you dont have any stun or silence on you, and pop your CD's on the Mage then Engineer. and throw a frozen orb out at them. Those are the most annoying and tedious. Then the rest is a cakewalk.

    Guess to add to my list:
    Managed to do up to the third boss in Regular Temple of the Jade Serpent, probably to do more with better gear.
    Very easy to farm for Stonecore drake now, heroic or regular
    Reliquary of Souls in Black Temple is now soloable
    Heck most of BT is now soloable if it wasn't already
    Add Onyxia to that list, very very easy

    Later in the expansion I will attempt to solo MoP heroics as well.
    Last edited by LocNess; 2012-10-26 at 07:09 PM.
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Valefaran
    "Call Kenny Loggins because you are in the Danger Zone"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephalia View Post
    Yeah, sure it will be a frost spec for the win.
    Not automatically. Fire gets Ice Barrier too now and it's a lot easier to kite while killing with Scorch.

    -I will be going to try how easy is Onyxia for the mount. I have tried her at 85 but didnt have the determination to kill her every week since it was too hard compared to 2-3 man it.
    Onyxia is simple now. I could basically tank her and Ice Barrier didn't drop during the cooldown. I went there with a fire spec and it was all extremely easy apart from the whelps which are annoying with the crappy aoe as fire. Should be all very easy in frost spec.

  9. #9
    I'd recommend getting yourself one of these, as well: Terracotta Fragment

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by benike1 View Post
    I soloed LK25 normal, cata heroic dungeons, firelands first 3 boss with my mage.
    I would also like to see a video or something. Hard to believe ...
    LK25 normal and FL.

    I've done Alysrazor during MoP, but which first 3 bosses?
    How would you be able to do Shannox, Beth or Rhyolith...

  11. #11
    High Overlord Mephalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    109
    So it seems I have some Farming to do. I will go do Onyxia and Alysrazor and a quick TK, since they drop mounts.
    For the sake of soloing I may try Stonecore and VP for the mounts as well but after the 150+ runs on the Baron and with the Raiding and work on the weekdays I will not have the time to run both every day.

    And please WE ALL would like to see the LK 25 man solo kill by a MAGE !!!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephalia View Post
    For the sake of soloing I may try Stonecore and VP for the mounts as well but after the 150+ runs on the Baron and with the Raiding and work on the weekdays I will not have the time to run both every day.

    VP is definitely doable.
    I farmed for the mount during Cata.(Normal mode)
    Cause you can get a haste buff from that boss, so just pop mirror images, get a good ignite and use combustion while you have that haste buff with Time Warp. He dies quite quickly when I was 85, so it should be a face roll as a lvl 90.
    I think it dropped on my 35th run or something.

    Stone Core was doable back in Cata too, but killing those trash packs took too much time and effort.
    CCing some, then kiting etc.

    I'm also wondering if its possible to solo the guy in ZG who drops the raptor mount.
    Of course with that Terracotta Fragment someone mentioned.

  13. #13
    Most of TBC raid bosses. (The only bosses you can;t kill in TBC are due to unique boss mechanics)
    All of Naxx, EoE and OS3D. You can actually solo the entirety of 'Glory of the Raider 10'
    VoA (All 4 bosses)
    Lord Marrowgar
    Lady Deathwhisper
    Saurfang
    All of ToC

    Also to the guy who claimed he killed LK 25... No, no you didn't. I believe I am currently the most progressed Mage on the LK 10 solo with a probable kill coming in BiS heroic gear. Just need the luck and DPS to burn down LK before he spawns the first shambling horror. If you can get to the first transition phase without a shambling horror up it suddenly makes P1.5 incredibly easy. Which in turns allows you to kill of all the raging spirits which allows you to get to P2 with no adds up.

  14. #14
    I've solo'd naxx 25 (all) I do ony/tk and a full clear of heroic ICC all solo Yeah i'm a beast baby. (i play frost mage.)

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 04:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Most of TBC raid bosses. (The only bosses you can;t kill in TBC are due to unique boss mechanics)
    All of Naxx, EoE and OS3D. You can actually solo the entirety of 'Glory of the Raider 10'
    VoA (All 4 bosses)
    Lord Marrowgar
    Lady Deathwhisper
    Saurfang
    All of ToC

    Also to the guy who claimed he killed LK 25... No, no you didn't. I believe I am currently the most progressed Mage on the LK 10 solo with a probable kill coming in BiS heroic gear. Just need the luck and DPS to burn down LK before he spawns the first shambling horror. If you can get to the first transition phase without a shambling horror up it suddenly makes P1.5 incredibly easy. Which in turns allows you to kill of all the raging spirits which allows you to get to P2 with no adds up.
    Dude you're wrong, i'm not even the guy who claimed that but i personaly have killed LK HEROIC on solo as my frost mage.[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 04:14 PM ----------
    Last edited by nerzhul; 2012-10-29 at 04:14 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by nerzhul View Post
    Dude you're wrong, i'm not even the guy who claimed that but i personaly have killed LK HEROIC on solo as my frost mage.[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 04:14 PM ----------
    Saying you did something does no good on the internet; video or it didnt happen.

  16. #16
    Moderator LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    3,163
    Quote Originally Posted by nerzhul View Post
    I've solo'd naxx 25 (all) I do ony/tk and a full clear of heroic ICC all solo Yeah i'm a beast baby. (i play frost mage.)

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 04:09 PM ----------



    Dude you're wrong, i'm not even the guy who claimed that but i personaly have killed LK HEROIC on solo as my frost mage.[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 04:14 PM ----------
    As much as it is overused, pics/vid or it didn't happen. Lich King solo is major enough that you actually need evidence to prove you killed it.
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Valefaran
    "Call Kenny Loggins because you are in the Danger Zone"

  17. #17
    I simply cant believe a mage using Expertise gems would be anything but lying about a solo lk hc kill...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MainOutland View Post
    I simply cant believe a mage using Expertise gems would be anything but lying about a solo lk hc kill...
    expertise is spell hit
    welcome to 5.0

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    To add to that, TK is pretty easy now, I do it weekly now. Just go frost, when the 4 adds pop up, Mirror Image, Alter Time WHEN you dont have any stun or silence on you, and pop your CD's on the Mage then Engineer. and throw a frozen orb out at them. Those are the most annoying and tedious. Then the rest is a cakewalk.
    I would recommend killing darkener and blood hammer as the first 2 adds.

  20. #20
    High Overlord Mephalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    109
    So many bold moves as the LK HC kills in here that I am afraid to say anything.
    I also hope you are reffering as to 10 man HC coz I donth thing it will be possible to kill the 25man LK HC any time soon only to the mere amount of HP he has.
    Even with a 30% buff it is still 100mil and that is alot.

    As other have said Video or screenshot or it never happened.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •