Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

if a girl says she likes u then wants everything to be perfect before she dates u

when she calls or texts should i wait a few hours to respond back since women like (and are jealous) of guys who have their own life outside of them. or will that turn her off because im not giving her enough attention? im confused and dont know what to do.

she's cute and i like her alot - please advise.

Deleted
    well... You don't have to anwser right away, that might seem like you are just sitting there waiting for her to write to you, but waiting too long might also look like you don't have much interest in her. Imo you don't need to wait for hours to write, give it somewhere between 10 min to about 45 min.

Deleted
    I wish this "rule" about having to be a jerk in order to get the girl would go away. Reply to her, if you don't want to seem too keen give it 5-10 mins or something to reply. Hours is overdoing it and she'll probably get bored waiting for you to reply. Just do what feels right in the situation, if she likes you as much as you like her then there isn't that much you can do to mess it up besides declaring unconditional love on the first date...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiune View Post
    I wish this "rule" about having to be a jerk in order to get the girl would go away.
    If you're not a jerk, it means you're desperate.

What, I didn't make these retarded dating rules. Blame THEM!

Deleted
    I wish this "rule" about having to be a jerk in order to get the girl would go away. Reply to her, if you don't want to seem too keen give it 5-10 mins or something to reply. Hours is overdoing it and she'll probably get bored waiting for you to reply. Just do what feels right in the situation, if she likes you as much as you like her then there isn't that much you can do to mess it up besides declaring unconditional love on the first date...
    Exactly. 10chars/

Wait a bit for the first text back anywhere from 10 mins+ depending on how busy you are, but then after that begin to text back immediately since you're obviously by your phone.

That's actually what always happens to me for everyone lol. I won't have checked my phone for a while but when I do the text-conversation begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree on waiting. I think that smacks of disinterest.

Don't act. Don't pretend. Be yourself. In the end, she will see the real you anyway. If you're by your phone, answer immediately. If you're not, then obviously you don't and you give your apologies later. There is no need to pretend to "have your own life". Actually have one. Then everything is normal, natural, and fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Um...it's pretty common knowledge that girls aren't that attracted to guys who show a lot of interest. The best move is to play it cool, like you're interested (you answered the phone, did you not?!) but you wouldn't really care if it worked out or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Um...it's pretty common knowledge that girls aren't that attracted to guys who show a lot of interest. The best move is to play it cool, like you're interested (you answered the phone, did you not?!) but you wouldn't really care if it worked out or not.
    Pretty common knowledge from who?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Pretty common knowledge from who?
    People that spell the word you as u.

Every chick on the planet isn't the same. What works for one isn't necessarily going to work on the next. Just be yourself and do what you think is the right thing to do.

Just follow Darsithis advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tseven View Post
    People that spell the word you as u.
    HAH! Nice^^

OT: Be yourself. My personal experience is that waiting does nothing good for you. Remember that the tip to "Wait a while" is a leftover from when phones were attached to walls/stationary, and you didn't want to pick up after the first or second ring (because that apparently made you seem desperate). Nowadays, everyone has their phone in their pocket anyway, so she knows that you can see the message as soon as she sends it. No reason to wait, if you think about it =)

Good luck!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

If shes likes you and seems like she had a good time when you were with her you should text her back and ask her something like if she got home ok or how is she doing. you want to text her back after you two were hanging out so that she knows you're interested in her however if she didn't seem like she was having a good time wait like a day then text her and see how she responds.
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2012-10-15 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reply in a timely manner. If you can't reply instantly or can't think of something good to tell her, wait until you can. If you can reply immediately, there's no reason to wait.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    The guy I'm currently seeing showed a lot of interest right from the start and usually replies straight away to messages. Didn't make me think that he was desperate or make me suddenly not like him. In fact it made me more confident that he liked me and so I was more keen to set up further dates.

If your not busy, then just reply. If she insta reply's don't wait but just keep txting.

If you feel like not insta replying, give it a few minutes. No need to be a jerk and keep her waiting for a longer time for a text.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

The guy I'm currently seeing showed a lot of interest right from the start and usually replies straight away to messages. Didn't make me think that he was desperate or make me suddenly not like him. In fact it made me more confident that he liked me and so I was more keen to set up further dates.
    This. You want the girl to know that you like her or show interest don't think she will think you're desperate just because you text her a lot.

Yeah you're right about the rule but at the end of the day--Just be yourself. Do what you think is right. If she doesn't like you as your natural self, she's probably not going to be right for you in the long run anyway.

If she's the type of girl that needs a guy to be a jerk to her in order for her to be attracted to him, she's got some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Don't act. Don't pretend. Be yourself. In the end, she will see the real you anyway. If you're by your phone, answer immediately. If you're not, then obviously you don't and you give your apologies later. There is no need to pretend to "have your own life". Actually have one. Then everything is normal, natural, and fine.
    ur bad and dont understand women. They want to be played with and taken for an unnatural ride

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it when guys take ages to reply. I like quick, fast texts. Doesn't make you seem like you're desperate, it shows you're interested and you want to talk to her. 10 minutes between texts is annoying and makes it seem like you're not interested in talking.

This is all my opinion, of course. Some girls, mostly fake ones, are into the "Cool, disinterested" guys.