High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Elegon - Searing Totem Glitch?

We killed HM Elegon last night but looking back at logs, it looks like my searing totem isn't attacking Elegon. I tried dropping it right beside the boss, yet it's doesn't seem to be attacking.

Anyone else experiencing this? Seems to be only happening on Heroic, possibly because of the phasing issues? Logs from normal show that it's attacking properly.

Any way around this and if not, is it worth dropping magma under the boss until it's fixed?

Probably because the platform is considered a vehicle or something. Try dropping it right outside the circle (if its still in range of boss).

It is caused by the special mechanic preventing attacking if you aren't in the "celestial human" field together with the boss, i would guess its an area aura limited to that circle - and as we all know, totems are immune to AoE spells

Deleted
    There's a thread about this a few pages back Hartlin, it's a known issue, best thing is to post a bug report and pray it gets fixed quick. For the mean time, Magma Totem when Fire Elemental is on cooldown, there's nothing we can do to get past it for now

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    Probably because the platform is considered a vehicle or something. Try dropping it right outside the circle (if its still in range of boss).
    He said heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    He said heroic
    To clarify for those not knowing: on hard mode you are basically LoS'ing the boss while you are not standing on the platform.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillpadde View Post
    There's a thread about this a few pages back Hartlin, it's a known issue, best thing is to post a bug report and pray it gets fixed quick. For the mean time, Magma Totem when Fire Elemental is on cooldown, there's nothing we can do to get past it for now
    Ah, I found it. Thanks guys! Guess I'll go with magma totem for now until they fix it.