Thread: Envenom and 5.1

Envenom and 5.1

"Envenom now does Nature damage"

Does this mean it won't be affected by mastery anymore?

It did poison damage before. If anything it got nerfed to not be affected by our mastery....

Deleted
    It does nature damage on live. There is no 'poison damage' type. Double check the tooltip on the front page, note that the 'spell effects' don't change, both the old and new versions deal nature damage.

They are just changing the tooltip wording.

Deleted
    Just a quick question from me:

Not that I think it will be better, BUT, has anyone tried using Envenom's at 4CP IF the Envenom buff is about to fall off? Currently I average around 53-60% uptime on Envenom on Gara'jal but I was wondering if the increased Envenom uptime with 4CP's when necessary would outweigh the extra damage from our Envenom's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post

Not that I think it will be better, BUT, has anyone tried using Envenom's at 4CP IF the Envenom buff is about to fall off? Currently I average around 53-60% uptime on Envenom on Gara'jal but I was wondering if the increased Envenom uptime with 4CP's when necessary would outweigh the extra damage from our Envenom's.
    As far as I know it does. So basically will want to do a 5 cp envenom if it's not up, and try to keep it up with 4+ as long as you can.

Deleted

5 minutes playing with simcraft suggests that you'd lose about 500 DPS by using 4pt envenoms as you described. That's with Anticipation, results may vary if you happened to be using Versatility.

Take that with a (large) pinch of salt though, these results were obtained using a slight modification of the default ability priorities, which are pretty unrefined at this point in time. Hopefuly sombody with more Sim Fu can provide a better answer in due course.

Deleted
    Two conflicting answers, appreciated the effort by both of you - Perhaps someone can give a definitive answer.

It has always done nature damage. As far as can be told, nothing changed except the tooltip.

Deleted
    Two conflicting answers, appreciated the effort by both of you - Perhaps someone can give a definitive answer.
    I'm going to do some further work on this... you've got me curious now and I won't be able to stop thinking about it until I have an answer!

...there goes my afternoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckworth View Post
    ...there goes my afternoon
    Doing what you love !

Deleted
    Actually seems like the difference in Envenom buff uptime is negligible between the two options. I had a hunch that this would be the case, so I did some anecdotal (and totally unscientific) testing on training dummys which suggested my hunch was right. I then went back to Simcraft, which also backed up my theory. Uptime on both options seems to hover around the mid-50% area.

I personally prefer 5pt Envenoms over uptime, it just flows better and is easier to pool energy before each Envenom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckworth View Post
    Actually seems like the difference in Envenom buff uptime is negligible between the two options. I had a hunch that this would be the case, so I did some anecdotal (and totally unscientific) testing on training dummys which suggested my hunch was right. I then went back to Simcraft, which also backed up my theory. Uptime on both options seems to hover around the mid-50% area.

I personally prefer 5pt Envenoms over uptime, it just flows better and is easier to pool energy before each Envenom.
    Hmmm interesting, I guess it's simply: Does the extra poison damage from increase Envenom uptime outweight the difference in damage between a 4CP Envenom and a 5CP Envenom?

EJ says 4+ Envenom but who knows.