Deleted

Is low level Blood Boil Bugged?

I have started to level a Death Knight again and notice that Blood Boil do huge damage. Is this intended or is it a bug?

When I compared damage my Blood Boil is doing 2.8-3k normal hits and around 6k crits (as frost), compared to a warrior who got 2.5k damage from his dragon roar in similar gear and same level...

No matter what spec I am using, Blood Boil will do around 75% of my total damage and I easy do more damage than tank, unless it is a other blood dk spamming blood boil 4 times in a row.
    Last edited by mmoc5d3135715b; 2012-10-27 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, Ap scaling is better than weapon damage scaling at that level.

blood boil is op at low levels.

Yep, around level 70 you can literally pull as many mobs as you can find before they evade, line them up, do a howling blast, run in and do 2x blood boil.. collect shinies. Biggest problem about this is finding the right spot

A while back they nerfed its AP scaling pretty heavily (because it was hitting for ridiculous numbers with a lot of Vengeance as Blood) and somewhat compensated for that loss by boosting its base damage. The base damage is completely off the charts now and you'll find it's your hardest hitting ability as any spec for quite some time. (once your other abilities' scaling catches up)
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

bloodboil spam all the way.. its base dmg is insane at low lvls.. i was lvl 60 doing dungeons just spamming bb as a tank and pulling 4k dps and higher...

its been explained above.

I often wonder why they even gave us blood strike to begin with. Recently I've only used it until 56 when I got blood boil.

Blood strike used to be relevant for making death runes, before unholy and frost both got ways to make it redundant.