Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Terrible add-ons, promotes bad gameplay imo. Alrightish for players new to ret but not something you'd use longterm, least for me anyway.
    Blessed are those who stand before the corrupt and the wicked and do not falter.

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer Requital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    But-hurt much? Appears so!
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Some of use like to play the game as intended. This is a game afterall. Id much rather do 95k dps with a satisfying play than one-button spam 100k.
    So what you mean is your misinformed since you are actually sitting there typing that your game is suddenly one button. Neither addon let just spam one button you still need the same keys that any other Ret needs but thank you for helping to prove a point.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 02:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Razeal View Post
    Terrible add-ons, promotes bad gameplay imo. Alrightish for players new to ret but not something you'd use longterm, least for me anyway.
    No it doesn't promote bad game play just another misinformed player that think they know it all. It's basically like saying you don't like something without ever using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

  3. #23
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    4,679
    Requital, this is a final warning. People are permitted to have their own opinions of the add-on, and that doesn't give you an excuse to belittle them because they don't share your views.

  4. #24
    Epic! Dave131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, Ca.
    Posts
    1,573
    Well that was very nice of the Mod to just give a warning. In the Shaman forums he'd have gotten something like 2 infractions by now.

    Anyway, I had asked a question earlier that I guess no one noticed or knew the answer to:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So I just started playing my Ret again after having had it shelved for almost 2 years. I've been using the CLCRet add-on and for me, its improved my DPS mainly by improving my uptime of Inquisition. Someone said that the add-on is still using the Cata rotation and not the MoP one. Well, I didn't play my Pally at all in Cata so I don't really know what that means. What do I need to change about the rotation in the add-on to have it up to date with MoP?

    Oh and not sure if it's relevant to my question but I use Divine Purpose and am currently only level 85
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Requital, this is a final warning. People are permitted to have their own opinions of the add-on, and that doesn't give you an excuse to belittle them because they don't share your views.
    I am sorry I dont see anything perosnal in what Requital wrote. With logic you used he just claimed his personal view after all.

    Anyway let me back up Requital in his statement that this addon is great. CLCinfo replaced several other addons I used before for all that CD tracking etc.
    For me as raider that became casual its simply great. Thanks

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Requital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    But-hurt much? Appears so!
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Well that was very nice of the Mod to just give a warning. In the Shaman forums he'd have gotten something like 2 infractions by now.

    Anyway, I had asked a question earlier that I guess no one noticed or knew the answer to:
    I personally don't use clcret but it should be under some rotation settings in addon itself, I'm not sure what it is using but if you can find it in the settings feel free to post it and we can see what it is using. However cata to mop not a lot has changed just additional hopo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

  7. #27
    Dreadlord ipoststuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    So what you mean is your misinformed since you are actually sitting there typing that your game is suddenly one button. Neither addon let just spam one button you still need the same keys that any other Ret needs but thank you for helping to prove a point.
    I didnt say the addon lets you spam one-button. I know what the addon does. I was just giving a random example. My point was i find it more satisfying to dps without that addon which was a response to

    The only reason not to take this addon would be some kind of ego.
    I think its a good addon for beginners and mediocre level players.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Requital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    But-hurt much? Appears so!
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I didnt say the addon lets you spam one-button. I know what the addon does. I was just giving a random example. My point was i find it more satisfying to dps without that addon which was a response to



    I think its a good addon for beginners and mediocre level players.
    It's fine that you explain it that way, But I don't consider myself a mediocre player considering I have been in some of the best guilds in the US so I think that statement is unfounded. Mediocre players aren't the only ones that like to have heads up cooldowns and one addon to track everything. However like everyone else you are entitled to your own opinion so no disrespect meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

  9. #29
    Just switched to ret/holy as my main character. I only ever leveled a paladin (as prot) in cataclysm (Did some minor HoT heroic tanking right before MoP). I've played since phase 2 beta and always had this hatred for all things paladin.

    Anyway, going from nothing straight to ret is...difficult. I picked up clcret last night and it has been a GREAT learning tool in the short time I've had it.

    Hope to use it for a month or so and then slowly phase it out for powerauras timers and such once I get a good feel for the mash.

  10. #30
    It boils down to this: its a tool.
    As a tool you need to know when to use it and when to NOT use it. If it works for you, use it. If it doesn't work for you, don't use it. But don't assume that because it isn't right for you that others are not benefiting from it.

    It should be thought of as a guideline. I use it to track cool downs, but I am not blindly following what it says. There are times to do something other than what it says and a good player will know when to do so.

    If it is lowering your DPS, then either it isn't configured properly, or you are following it blindly when there are some situations when you should be doing something else. Either way the common factor is the player.

  11. #31
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    88
    I find that CLCRET is very helpful with managing my rotation and whenever I disagree with it (Say out of range to cast a move) I'll do what I think it best and when I get back in range use it as a helpful guide for managing my Inquis, it is up to each individual player but it is a helpful guide if you tend to get lost on a bad day every once in awhile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •