Thread: Rift or WoW?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Rift or WoW?

I play both games. From what I see Rift is doing way better than Blizzard would ever like to admit. I bought MoP and started focusing on it. I feel a bit let down. Talent tree's are a joke now. CRZ pretty much ruined my server. I hate the huge wall of Dailies to be done.... On the other Hand Rift is still a young game. It has it's failings as well. I know it is a bit of a WoW clone, however A LOT of people I know stopped playing WoW for Rift. IDK let me hear some opinions. No insults please. Just opinions on both games. If you haven't played either game, please don't reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is stale for a lot of people, me being one of them. Regardless of that, it does a lot of things right. You also don't have to do those dailies to progress, but they're a time filler to make you think there's more to do. Raiding would be the only reason I play WoW, and it's not enough to justify paying 15/month to raid twice a week.

Rift's combat always felt stiff and poorly done to me. I love the world events in Rift, but I could never force myself back into it because of how awful the combat is.

I finally grabbed GW2, and EvE online as my mmos of choice because of how much I flip flop. No sub fees is really nice for GW2. And I have no issue making isk, the currency of EvE, to buy plex's to keep my sub up. Even only playing a few days a month.

Rift gives you your own house (something players in WoW have been asking for since the game began), and WoW gives you pet battles. You pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not recreate closed threads. As I explained before, game vs game threads are not allowed here.