Thread: Gaming Setup

Gaming Setup

Hi, I'm relatively new to building computers and i'm looking to start my own rig, however, i have no idea where to begin, I'd like to ask you to guide me to any sites that i could make my purchases with and what recommendations you would make, I'd prefer a UK based site and my budget will be somewehre around £500.

I'd also like recommendations on what order to buy the components and when i say order I mean I need everything (including a copy of windows 7).

I know this is a lot to ask, but I have no idea what i'm doing (which reminds me, are there any good "building your own rig" websites out there that i could use to follow in building my own rig?).

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor (£89.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£62.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£29.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Storage: Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.80 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card (£100.52 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 Upgraded ATX Mid Tower Case (£34.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£36.18 @ Ebuyer)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) (£70.36 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £474.59
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Here you go, and here's a video on how to assemble your own PC. (From the nicest guys on the internet.)

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Thank you, It is much appreciated, I assume it all comes with the wires and whatnot needed to connect what needs connecting with wires and things?

also on partpicker it says "Compatibility Notes

ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Cooler Master Elite 330 Upgraded ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports."

would that be a problem?
    Last edited by Darthmarcus28; 2012-10-28 at 10:00 PM.

Generally speaking, everything will come with the package. Some exceptions exist; you'd be hard pressed to find displayport or HDMI cables in the box.

And as far as the motherboard and case goes, the motherboard allows for extra USB 3.0 ports on the front, but the case doesn't have any. That's not an issue, just the case doesn't have that new feature. And they are not necessary, and if you really need USB 3.0 ports they are generally quite standard on the rear IO. (The back of the computer.)

Thanks for clearing that up for me.