Poll: Did you would like to remove dark simulacrum and replace it with usefull Def or Atta

Did you would like to remove dark simulacrum and replace it with usefull def or attac

in pve : one does not want to try to waste 20 rc for knowledge if one will receive a skill from dark simulacrum(the best thing blizzard can do is to create a tooltip in journal raid just for DM

in pvp:it works vs most of the class but 1vswarrior.Warrior will crush dk
    Last edited by Gabbynator; 2012-10-29 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark sim is one of the deadliest skills in PvP, you could steal pally wings, HoJ, mirror image, all of those insanely useful spells. Never say it never works.

I agree with you in the pve sense though, it's fairly useless in pve, but it was designed to be a pvp-oriented spell.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

It works well in pve, you just need to know what spells to copy.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

its good in PvE, dont know what you're talking about. I remember in DS stealing shatter from hagara every minute for a 500kish crit. shit was crazy...

This is the same guy that claims to be 2k+ rating in another thread, and in this one is calling dark simulacrum "useless" in PVP lol.

Dark Sim is amazing, especially with the glyph.

Dark Sim let's me crit for 200k on Hagara.

It also does 34 damage (not 34000, 34) on trash mobs in 5-mans.

If Blizz made it consistent and gave DKs a complete list of what PvE mobs could be dark simmed, it would probably be a lot more enjoyable.

I like to steal the hard hitting abilities , which i usually find on trash , but indeed , a full list of what we can steal will make it alot better , in terms of knowing when you should use it

you need to be lucky in pvp if it not a cast.and pve not all boss is working

If you think people just cast random things in PVP, then maybe you'd think it was based on luck.

Once you can predict what people are going to cast and when, then you'll understand it's based on skill.

It's fine in PVP although I don't know why it got nerfed w/r to Iceblock etc. I wish it had more PVE uses than ~1 boss per tier though.

Dark simulacrum is fine, we don't get to use it very often in pve because that's not what it was designed for.

10+ Year Old Account
    DS is fine in PvP if you're quick on the trigger. I've stolen so many useful spells, plenty of which have saved my life in the end such as shields, interrupts, silences, freezes, stuns, invulnerability...the list goes on.

In PvE it's far less useful so I rarely, if ever, waste the RP on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    in pve : one does not want to try to waste 20 rc for knowledge if one will receive a skill from dark simulacrum(the best thing blizzard can do is to create a tooltip in journal raid just for DM

Not bothering to use it because you don't want to waste 20rp is basically saying you don't want to do any hardcore progression raiding. The edge can mean you are first or last.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post

You should use proper grammer if you're supposed to be taken seriously. No offence but this is just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only issue with dark sim (in PvE) is how random the scaling is on abilities on dungeons. I hate how I can copy a pyroblast that hits for 200 but then copy a holy fire that does 100k. Obviously that can be solved by knowing which ones hit like pillows, but it'd be nice to have more consistency with being able to do damage with dark sim.

I've been anxiously trying it for PvE in MoP and I'm sad to say it's been very uneventful. I'm very close to removing it from my bar entirely. Much like Control Undead and how amazing it is and how little of an opportunity in MoP I have to use it. Once I step out of Pandaria however I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

As far as I've seen, it's not used in MSV at all. In that regards, I wouldn't mind a spell that I could actually use. Maybe HoF will have some use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only use I've seen in vaults is on someone MC'd during Spirit Kings as it sort of allows you to pick what spell you want to copy.

ds is pretty useless in mop now.. so is control undead.. one time i was running that end time dungeon as a dk tank and we got sylvanas trash.. i was able to steal and mc an elite ghoul that hit 200k per swing for 5 mins.. that was decent.. but in mop theres almost no dead minions to steal.. proly aside from scholomance.. anyway

ds has almost no useful abilities in pve.. it'd be nice if it gave a buff like 10% more dmg dealt for 10 seconds if no buff was stolen.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer it to be reworked to a spell reflect. Alot less awkward to use, and still pretty much the same spell. You can't steal buffs anymore, instead you can negate some spells cast on you.