Pre-expansion prep for a fresh toon?

Hello there,

I've recently came back to playing Rift and have been enjoying my time in Telara. I'm going to have my first 50, a mage, this week because I've been playing various alts and have had an on and off again relationship with the game. My question is what would be the ideal way to set myself up for a smooth transition to the expansion on my mage? I know I'm far behind in PA system and any gear,this late into the game, is going to be made irrelevant. Thus, would I be better off plowing through some PA till expansion hits or would i just need to get some professions up and try to make some plat because I'm poor, 85 plat ftw!!!! Thanks in advance for any responses

Cptnchaos

1. Get plat and save it
    2. Level up PA
    3. Quest gear in SL is beta then the tier 1 raid stuff now, so do not concern yourself with uber end game gear

I took my fresh 50 mage to the BETA and spec'd Harbinger and was able to down the new mobs with no issue.

Sounds good. Any suggestions for some quick plat? I'm thinking finishing out questing in the higher lvl zones

Quote Originally Posted by Cptnchaos View Post
    Sounds good. Any suggestions for some quick plat? I'm thinking finishing out questing in the higher lvl zones
    That or grinding crafting mats. Doing randoms, they go by quick and you can make good money. If you're a DPS, just farm while you wait for queue pop. It has worked for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cptnchaos View Post
    Collect artifacts and sell them in the AH. Made lots of plat with these shiny little things... more than with other gathering professions.
    But maybe that depends also a bit on the shard you're playing on. :]

85p isn't exactly broke especially for a fresh character.

For me I'm just finishing up some odd achievements and searching for artifacts.