Poll: Do you think that material traders should be introduced into WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Crafting Material Traders

One of the things which makes me like Inscription so much as a profession is the fact that maximum level inks can be traded down, so you don't need to gather lower level herbs in order to make lower level glyphs.

I personally think that this idea should be expanded to the other professions; Cloth traders, Leather traders, Enchanting traders, etc. This would greatly reduce if not eliminate the hassle of farming low level materials for older recipes and enchantments. The corollary of that is that it also kills the market for older crafting materials. What are your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The corollary of that is that it also kills the market for older crafting materials.
    This is probably the reason it won't happen. There's always a use for glyphs with lower level ink requirements, so they need a way to allow max level players to stay in their max level zones and still turn a profit. Leveling is so fast and so many use heirlooms, that crafting that chest armor for level 17 and the level 25 belt won't be worth it. Not only will it be economically bad, it also has a really low chance of actually selling. For those special pieces, it's easy enough to farm the mats if you really want them.