Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I hear a lot of people in the thread who seem to think 85-90 is tedious and boring, and I'm wondering if these somehow wants the rest to believe 85-90 is a boring experience when it comes to leveling, because it isn't. It's the best leveling blizzard has ever made. It takes time, but it utilizes phasing, interesting mechanics and rewards in a good pace. if you find 85-90 to be boring, then there's no doubt that all leveling is boring for you.

And as we all know, for every leveler complaining about it taking too long, there's a whole bunch who are quietly enjoying it. Vocal minority acting out as usual.
    I think Blade Runner is the best movie ever made, but even I can only watch it so many times before I get bored with it. It doesn't mean that I think all sci-fi movies are boring either.

World of Warcraft: Only game that people force themselves to play multiple times in a row, and then complain it isn't fun the xth time.

If you're sitting here grinding your 8th alt in the first month of the expansion, it is YOUR fault that you're not having fun. Pick up any 15-20hr game and play it 8 times in a month. How fun is it the 8th time?

15+ Year Old Account
    MoP leveling is tedious? Wait what? It's the fastest expansion to date. BC could take you over 40 hours of play even for the fastest of levelers. Wrath wasn't much better, Cataclysm still took about 20 hours for a fast leveler and 40+ for someone taking their time, and the only reason was because of flying out of the gate.

Even for a slow leveler 85-90 takes about 20 hours of play time total. Once you've seen it all once it can take <15 and some of the power levelers out there have done it in 10. From the sound of this thread people won't be happy with leveling until they can hit a button and hit max level instantly.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    MoP leveling is tedious? Wait what? It's the fastest expansion to date. BC could take you over 40 hours of play even for the fastest of levelers. Wrath wasn't much better, Cataclysm still took about 20 hours for a fast leveler and 40+ for someone taking their time, and the only reason was because of flying out of the gate.

Even for a slow leveler 85-90 takes about 20 hours of play time total. Once you've seen it all once it can take <15 and some of the power levelers out there have done it in 10. From the sound of this thread people won't be happy with leveling until they can hit a button and hit max level instantly.
    Agree with you 100%, I'm amazed at the people who say this expansion takes the longest to level, it's the quickest...

A main complaint is, I'm bored of kill X, collect Y, go to Z. Welcome to every RPG out there.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-10-29 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    World of Warcraft: Only game that people force themselves to play multiple times in a row, and then complain it isn't fun the xth time.

If you're sitting here grinding your 8th alt in the first month of the expansion, it is YOUR fault that you're not having fun. Pick up any 15-20hr game and play it 8 times in a month. How fun is it the 8th time?
    ^^^^^ This!! So much this!! ^^^^^^^

Why are people trying to burn themselves out and then blaming blizzard?

Deleted
    It's the best leveling blizzard has ever made. It takes time, but it utilizes phasing, interesting mechanics and rewards in a good pace.

And as we all know, for every leveler complaining about it taking too long, there's a whole bunch who are quietly enjoying it. Vocal minority acting out as usual.
    All of the above is false.

Deleted
    It's just a pain, I am level 89. Last level, I know, but the questing is just making me want to stop. I enjoyed most of the content but once I entered Townlong Steppes I've just had it. Dread Wastes is more or less the same, it's not really a beautiful zone. I do not feel encouraged to explore it all and I would have rather had a flying mount at that point. Of course, I could just go through it now but I find myself being too tired.. I'll do it when I feel like it again..

Another reason is the dungeoning: You do not get new dungeons unlocked after level 87 ( and I know you unlock the heroics at level 90)which greatly disappoints me because it always encourages me to go through a new set of dungeons every 2 levels. Very discouraging, but this is just my opinion, I can imagine that some people can easily go through it as most of my friends are 90 as well, but I just cannot be bothered to go on for now..
    Meh, they should just make it a bit faster

One thing I never understood is I'm a world known Warlock, I just defeated Deathwing, Destroyer of Worlds. I saved Azeroth from destruction. Two weeks later I'm killing pesky rabbits because they stole carrots. I'm just saying it's a little bit of a setback in terms of what my character is capable of...

Also 85-87 is probably the worst questing experience I've ever had.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The only interesting mechanic I ever saw was the stupid sniping quest on the mountain top in the jungle. EVERYTHING ELSE was kill this collect that. It was honestly the most boring and least varied experience I've ever had. Cataclysm was far better.
    That part, while not being awesome fun in itself, got my hopes up that things would be different. Those hopes diminished as I went on from there and were dashed completely by the time I was tasked to go fetch flowers for ink for a local scribe some distance further north. I, who had defeated the evillest evil-doers the masters of evil had to throw at Azeroth, was now crawling around in a meadow looking for these petals to please this fat Panda, who was too aloof to fetch them himself, enough for him to toss me some coins.

82% of this great lore we'd miss by skipping the questing is just us performing menial tasks for the locals, just as usual. I made a point of reading it all the first time just to experience it in the right way but I'd have been happier if I hadn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mystified by people who make lots of alts, want to maintain them at the highest end game levels and then imply that Blizzard (or someone) did something wrong when they have to level them. It's not as if they didn't know when they created the alt that they would have to level it. I saw a post from someone who was complaining that they had been through it three times already. It's been just over a month! Who's forcing you to run the same five levels over and over again in such a short time?

Mind you, I don't think that having a lot of alts is a bad thing. But having them and then complaining/whining about doing what's required to keep them up-to-date is a bit precious.

If you want an instant 90 without doing anything, just say so.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylore View Post
    One thing I never understood is I'm a world known Warlock, I just defeated Deathwing, Destroyer of Worlds. I saved Azeroth from destruction. Two weeks later I'm killing pesky rabbits because they stole carrots. I'm just saying it's a little bit of a setback in terms of what my character is capable of...

Considering this, what could they really have our characters doing at this point? I mean, gameplay-wise you can solo Illidan, so, is there really any appropriate challenge anymore? I mean, to make sense, you'd have to be slaughtering major lore characters in pretty much every quest or it's a waste of your time that they should really get someone else on.

Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    Leveling alts in MoP is a bore because you have little variance in leveling paths. Just Kraserang vs. Valley of the Four Winds, everything else is set in stone.
    Cata was no different, you had an option as to where you started and that's all. I'm having a hard time believing that folks had all their alts up to 90 at 4 weeks or so into the last expansion?

And yes, the whole 'on rails' in each zone thing doesn't help at all, in either new low end content, or the higher stuff.

After playing Korean MMO's for nine years the leveling process in WoW is amazing by comparison and I think it is too fast! Won't complain though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Leveling alts in MoP is a bore because you have little variance in leveling paths. Just Kraserang vs. Valley of the Four Winds, everything else is set in stone.
    If it was, I'd be unable to leave one area of a zone and pick up quests in another.
    MoP questing is far from as linear as Cata high zones were
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-10-29 at 05:57 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno. Questing is pretty nicely done in MoP. I'm in no hurry to level my alts. I've got ~2 years of expansion left to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm mystified by people who make lots of alts, want to maintain them at the highest end game levels and then imply that Blizzard (or someone) did something wrong when they have to level them. It's not as if they didn't know when they created the alt that they would have to level it. I saw a post from someone who was complaining that they had been through it three times already. It's been just over a month! Who's forcing you to run the same five levels over and over again in such a short time?

Mind you, I don't think that having a lot of alts is a bad thing. But having them and then complaining/whining about doing what's required to keep them up-to-date is a bit precious.

If you want an instant 90 without doing anything, just say so.
    The only thing precious (and I use that term loosely) is the notion that because lvling is a bland generic boring grind, that everyone who complains about it must be after an instant lvl 90 win button. Here's a though make lvling interesting again.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 05:56 PM ----------

If it was, I'd be unable to leave one area and pick up quests in another.
    MoP questing is far from as linear as Cata high zones were
    I did that in cata to. Hit 83 quest pops up in org, im in a new zone. Didn't finish the old one. Cata and Mop both lack variance.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was my biggest problem with it. I actually don't understand the objection that all the quests were the same. I though the storyline through Valley of the Four Winds was hilarious and awesome. Where you essentially became a kickass ninja and owned a huge monster at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The only thing precious (and I use that term loosely) is the notion that because lvling is a bland generic boring grind, that everyone who complains about it must be after an instant lvl 90 win button. Here's a though make lvling interesting again.

But really, no matter how interesting leveling was, would you want to play it 4 times? 8 times? 11 times?

I dare anyone here to name a game (15+ hrs in length) that they would still enjoy after forcing themselves to play it (x) times in the first month after it came out. When I hear people complain they have 6 alts (so 7 characters) and wanting to gut the single-character experience because of it, I just imagine someone saying "So, Ocarina of Time was a great game, but it needs to be shorter, because I have a compulsive need to play it completely through 7 times as soon as possible."
    Last edited by neccowafer; 2012-10-29 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    I did it three times now, each one taking about one day, 19 hours on priest, 14 on warrior and 15 on hunter
    Hmmm, for normal player like me, at 200% rested, it take about 5-8 hours each level.

When you have 10 toons, its long...

I have 2 level 90 so far... and I'm tired already of leveling. But I want to level my priest, DK, hunter, rogue, warrior and shaman too... soo long!

Blizzard gave us amazing BoA.. but I never used it because my toons are always max level already... so its a waste of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmundo View Post
    For me it's not about time, it's just not fun the second time, and grinding dungeons or pvp is gruesomely slow in comparison.
    This here is the key. That's why people are complaining. The first time around, it's nice and new and entertaining. The second onwards, it's "been there, done this, can I please get this over with quicker?".

I'm actually steadfast refusing to even level an alt because a. I can't fly until max level and b. I have no BoA access. There's a lot that they gave in Cataclysm that just got tossed to the wayside in MoP, and in some cases I don't understand the reasoning behind it. I mean, as far as I can tell, there's not even a guild flask. So, in raids, everyone is wasting massive amounts of resources to be flasked for progression when they should all have the benefit of a perfectly reasonable guild perk that they worked together to get in the first place. Then there's the whole "Have Group" bunch of malarkey. I might use a flight path once a week, tops. Half the guild perks are worthless (10% increased Justice points for...gear that's inferior to heroic blues) now, and I don't think Blizzard even contemplated that.

I understand people "hate" Cataclysm. But, come on. Why negate conveniences at the expense of players? It makes no sense. I can understand being ground-based the first time through, that's fine. This isn't vanilla. This isn't BC. People have seen that there are far better alternatives to old, archaic systems and they should be kept to the modern times and not the "good ol' days of 2004".

My alts are now just profession bots for my main. Which is causing me to become bored faster as I'm only playing one character. If I had some alternatives for leveling like I did in the two expansions prior, I'd actually be doing that and enjoying it. I'm sorry, but griping because people played one way when you want them to play another way was idiotic, and led to the system we have for MoP. If you wanted to level that way, why didn't you just, you know...level that way yourself? Nobody stopped you. Now all that we have is a system that you like, but does stop everyone else. And somehow the people complaining are "selfish".

Think about that last bit for a moment.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present