Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    The problem is 4 bar means nothing in this game. I know the older COD's Blops and Mw2 it did have a meaning but atm unless you are 2 bar its not a reliable source, the compensation is way too strong. Peacekeeper is actually a wet noodle in terms of damage its more similar to the M27 than anything else, only offering it has is less impact on peripheral vision when ADS. The gun in question was Extended mag stock, no FMJ, and it is arguable that no extended mags and you will never go more than 1-1 in terms of KDR as the PK just does not have the power to roll people.
    I'm surprised at the number of kills he gets through surfaces then if he isn't using FMJ. I run silenced/fmj PK and go well over a 1 KDR. The PK hits hard up close but it does loose damage at range.
    Hosting has a lot to do with the game and how it prioritizes the hosts outgoing information, I do notice as host I die faster than anything, but if im not host its not an issue. The problem is I notice these giveaway kills from my own pov, not just others. It is just gross to get a W like that. The video is also from the theater which is killcam data not screencapture of the player, all of this footage would have looked more or less precise in multiple instances. I'd also note on the playing against terrible players remark that the team was losing the entire game only to make a skin of the teeth comeback. It just isn't an argument Blops2 has too much lee way on the aim situation.
    I agree. As I said I'd prefer to have 4bar connection but not be host, and I can tell the difference between 4 and 3 bar, especially when sniping or using a semi-auto. I would also note that I wish they would turn the lag comp down a bit because you can certainly tell when someone is getting it, and if that person is good it is quite frustrating to put 5+ rounds at where you see them on your screen then falling over dead because they were actually well to one side.

Anyway, I'm seeing everyone and their mother using LMGs now. I mean I know they are obscene, but it just leads to a rise in people laying on their face in a corner with a silenced LMG.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Anyway, I'm seeing everyone and their mother using LMGs now. I mean I know they are obscene, but it just leads to a rise in people laying on their face in a corner with a silenced LMG.
    It's similar in PC now too with LMGs. It's funny how the game has evolved in what is the flavor of the month from weapon to weapon, which to me is a sign of weapon balance. Honestly LMG with TF is easily countered compared to laser smg as all you have to do is avoid the camp.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    It's similar in PC now too with LMGs. It's funny how the game has evolved in what is the flavor of the month from weapon to weapon, which to me is a sign of weapon balance. Honestly LMG with TF is easily countered compared to laser smg as all you have to do is avoid the camp.
    Sure if only one person is doing it. When you have 4+ people on other team just camping watching doorways it becomes very frustrating when you like to run around, or even move around, the map. Especially if they have Tac Mask on and change position after a couple kills.

What SMG needs a laser? Who uses lasers? Why waste an entire point on that garbage?

MSMC - Ext mag + QD, QD+Stock, or QD+Supp ( Laser is worthless the guns too accurate)
    PDW - Supp+QD not that you even need attachments on this animal
    Chico - LB+QD, LB+Sight, or Supp+QD
    MP7 - QM+Supp, QM+QD, or QM+Ext

This can go on forever, if you cant hipfire w/o a laser then you shouldn't even try nor should you play FPS.

Sure if only one person is doing it. When you have 4+ people on other team just camping watching doorways it becomes very frustrating when you like to run around, or even move around, the map. Especially if they have Tac Mask on and change position after a couple kills.
    I'd say avoiding a camp spot is harder to do against an SMG camping than an LMG. The entire point of the LMG TF combo is to knock down people from a good distance making you a bit harder to avoid, running into a room w/ a guy sitting there w/ an SMG is and easy kill always they cant shoulder it fast enough to be accurate and the spray is just bad.

Just look at the gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    What SMG needs a laser? Who uses lasers? Why waste an entire point on that garbage?
    People use lasers. I see it all the time. I don't use it because I ADS with everything.

Peacekeeper Video

Have played BO2 for 22 hours about 99 days ago, I guess it's time to give it a go again.

Is host migration on X360 still a big problem?B

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Have played BO2 for 22 hours about 99 days ago, I guess it's time to give it a go again.

Is host migration on X360 still a big problem?B
    Host migration is only a prob when p***ies getting stomped cry and quit midgame. Im only rocking 397 spm in core TDM and it happens a lot to me but I just grin and keep going. I was doing World Series TDM and I lost half my team because they dashboarded from going negative but I still won the matches. Happened 3 times. Host migrations only happen when A) The host bitches out or B) The hosts comnection is so bad that it reconnects so people aren't 2barring.

People use lasers. I see it all the time. I don't use it because I ADS with everything.

Peacekeeper Video

With the peacekeeper recoil so low w/o attachments, does it really need a grip?

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    With the peacekeeper recoil so low w/o attachments, does it really need a grip?
    Yes and no. PK has a random recoil at a longer range that I find grip useful for. Since I run PK like an AR, rather than an SMG, I spend a lot of time popping long range shots that grip really assists with. Honestly though, that second attachment is a personal choice. I have had zero problems going above 1.5-2.0 with nothing attached at all (during camo unlocks). Red dot isn't needed, ext mag not needed, long barrel is shit, quickdraw is shit on an smg, laser is shit, and stock is shit. I could run FMJ but in HC the gun wall bangs good enough for me to net kills when I do pen. Quick mag would be a default but I stray from that crutch since the reload is already quite fast. Like I said, it's a personal choice really for SMGs.

Yes and no. PK has a random recoil at a longer range that I find grip useful for. Since I run PK like an AR, rather than an SMG, I spend a lot of time popping long range shots that grip really assists with. Honestly though, that second attachment is a personal choice. I have had zero problems going above 1.5-2.0 with nothing attached at all (during camo unlocks). Red dot isn't needed, ext mag not needed, long barrel is shit, quickdraw is shit on an smg, laser is shit, and stock is shit. I could run FMJ but in HC the gun wall bangs good enough for me to net kills when I do pen. Quick mag would be a default but I stray from that crutch since the reload is already quite fast. Like I said, it's a personal choice really for SMGs.
    Put laser on it (or not, with the PK) and you don't need to ADS at anything that isnt a long shot in HC. I prefer either Laser or Quickdraw for HC, but that is just me.

Put laser on it (or not, with the PK) and you don't need to ADS at anything that isnt a long shot in HC. I prefer either Laser or Quickdraw for HC, but that is just me.
    Laser is garbage imo. I ADS constantly. I broke myself of hipfire when I first used laser. It's great for getting diamond camo with a sprinkle of luck but all in all it's really a nub crutch. In HC it's all about who shoots first, sure, but i beat most laser hipfire bads instantly when ADS. SMG has almost instantaneous ADS and with the recent changes to accuracy while firing during ADS I get the kill nine times out of ten. Yes, laser can do great in some situations but most of the time, especially in HC, if you don't run around all cray, you can ADS spots where people should be and get the kill long before a laser hipfire kills you.

QD is another attach not worth it for SMg seeing that it has almost instant ADS by default, even after sprinting. That is all QD does is speeds up ADS after sprinting, not in general. With an SMG you'd be better off going quick mag or ext mag (if you tend to miss a lot and not run scav). Other than that I say still it's a personal thing.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2013-03-04 at 06:46 AM.

Laser is garbage imo. In HC it's all about who shots first, sure, but i beat most laser hipfire bads instantly when ADS. SMG has almost instantaneous ADS and with the recen t changes to accuracy while firing during ADS I get the kill nine times out of ten. Yes, laser can do great in some situations but most of the time, especially in H, if you don't run around all cray, you can ADS spots where people should be and get the kill long before a laser hipfire kills you.

QD is another attach not worth it for SMg seeing that it has almost instant ADS by default, even after sprinting. That is all QD does is speeds up ADS after sprinting, not in general. With an SMG you'd be better off going quick mag or ext mag (if you tend to miss a lot and not run scav). Other than that I say still it's a personal thing.
    If I'm using a SMG I am sprinting or shooting (or out of breath because my soldiers are out of shape). Sure it is a personal choice, I'm just saying I prefer to hipfire with SMG's in HC on a LMG.

I also tend to feel the faster I play, the faster I move/look the more my reflexes are honed and the faster I respond, and that includes making ADS faster with Quickdraw, but that might just be me imagining it, I don't know.

If I'm using a SMG I am sprinting or shooting (or out of breath because my soldiers are out of shape). Sure it is a personal choice, I'm just saying I prefer to hipfire with SMG's in HC on a LMG.

I also tend to feel the faster I play, the faster I move/look the more my reflexes are honed and the faster I respond, and that includes making ADS faster with Quickdraw, but that might just be me imagining it, I don't know.
    Well then you understand how the attachments for SMGs are a personal choice, be it placebo or actual. Whichever nets you the kills is the most important.

Well then you understand how the attachments for SMGs are a personal choice, be it placebo or actual. Whichever nets you the kills is the most important.
    Well sure, just like I said in the post you quoted :P
    I prefer either Laser or Quickdraw for HC, but that is just me.

Well sure, just like I said in the post you quoted :P
    touché

I'm going to quote the great Colonel Sanders: "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Yet, my opinions on your attachment choices are just that; opinions.

touché

I'm going to quote the great Colonel Sanders: "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Yet, my opinions on your attachment choices are just that; opinions.
    Now, if I could find some way to fit 4 attachments on my gun, that would be the gun of kings. Of kings, sir.

How you doing with diamonds? Got everything done yet?

Im using Reflex sight, fast mag and quickdraw. I find the recoil extremely easy to manage.

Few games from my first night using it.

By far my fave gun, did all the challenges for it instantly, getting like 3-5 bloodthirstys a game, but now i'm stuck on revenge medals of all to be stuck on lol, getting like 1 a game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or3dq...8FlkiQ&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgruc...8FlkiQ&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7jf...8FlkiQ&index=1

Thanks for the response. Reading some of your other posts, I do kinda feel the laser for me is kind of a crutch, it nets me the most kills, but i may probably do as well without it at close range using an SMG.

I understand the PK dominates mid range engagements for all the previously mentioned reasons, however for a run and gun I am addicted to the Skorpion, but ppl still say the other popular SMG's are better. I am addicted to the Skorpion's DPS but I feel I need to break the laser habit to make me a more capable ADS player. May try swapping out the laser for a dot and foregrip to tame that kick.

Im only on my first 52 levels and trying to find my sweet spot in terms of guns. I would love to prestige but unlocking the AN-94 only to have it taken away will suck.

Now, if I could find some way to fit 4 attachments on my gun, that would be the gun of kings. Of kings, sir.

How you doing with diamonds? Got everything done yet?
    I'm on my last 2 AR's (SMR/SCAR) to get them diamond. SMG, Specials, Pistols, and rockets(lol) are all diamond now.

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Thanks for the response. Reading some of your other posts, I do kinda feel the laser for me is kind of a crutch, it nets me the most kills, but i may probably do as well without it at close range using an SMG.

I understand the PK dominates mid range engagements for all the previously mentioned reasons, however for a run and gun I am addicted to the Skorpion, but ppl still say the other popular SMG's are better. I am addicted to the Skorpion's DPS but I feel I need to break the laser habit to make me a more capable ADS player. May try swapping out the laser for a dot and foregrip to tame that kick.

Im only on my first 52 levels and trying to find my sweet spot in terms of guns. I would love to prestige but unlocking the AN-94 only to have it taken away will suck.
    The Evo is probably one of the strongest SMGs available in both HC and Core. Its RoF and damage, not to mention lack of recoil in ADS, makes it really powerful. Vector can creep up and pass it in HC simply due to RoF. I have tried a lot of different SMG set ups and found the MSMC to be great for some reason and I can't explain why. The PDW is gods gift to learning how to ADS because you get 50 rounds per magazine. Hell, I've even ran it with rapid fire and grip just for giggles.

Laser is a crutch and I'm not going to lie, I used it for a while when I was leveling up diamond SMGs. But I think one night I ran MSMC with grip and reflex and my mind was blown on how well I did. From that moment on I put reflex on my SMGs (unless they had nice iron sites) and just forced myself to ADS. It really helped a lot when I moved to ARs as well because I was already habitually aiming down the sites.

I really don't necessarily like the PK , it's just new and I want diamond on it for completion sake. It has great long range but truthfully in HC almost any SMG in the right hands will dominate. The RoF of the PK is a turn off for me but I like the range of it since it fits my play style of half-assed run and gun plus camp.

Also, if you haven't tried the M8A1 you should. It's just LOL OP. Push hard on leveling it up and get select fire for it. Toss a silencer on it and it shoots like a laser (even from the hip). It was my first gold rifle.