15+ Year Old Account

Some kind of connection problems

Recently formatted my computer, and since then I have been having some real problems with my connection, with downloading and streaming ect. My speed is great, 37megs. however when i'm watching a youtube video, the load bar will load to half way or so extremely fast then stop, and once the video catches up to that point it wont continue to load. However then if i skip the video to later, it starts to load that part again and once again stops at a certain point.

Im having the same trouble with downloads, if I am downloading from my browser, the downloads will suddenly stop a certain point if theyre taking longer than 10seconds to download. i dont have this problem when downloading patches or something through bit torrent ect.

Also noticing some wierd lag on wow, where everything will stop for 2 seconds then catch up and my MS will show to be around 1k (usualy its 14) but it doesnt feel laggy then. Although this doesnt happen very often.

I am extremely confused about it all, im certain its to do with my computer as it happened just after i formatted and my gf's computer which is hooked up to same router is working fine.

thanks for any help xx

Couple things u can try.

After u formatted did u install the latest lan drivers from the motherboard's website or did u just continue using the default windows drivers that your OS came with?

Do u have a firewall installed? Have you tried disabling the windows firewall?

Are you connected wirelessly to the router? Can you try connecting directly to the router and test?

When you share a connection and the other person downloads or streams or watches youtube and you play a game or watch youtube it can spike/lag even on a good connection.

Been there, done that. Not making it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey Thanks for the reply, when i Installed the drivers they were straight from the Disk i got for the motherboard, I'll look into it and see if I can update them.

I do have windows firewall, and avast for anti virus, and no im not wireless, Im connected via ethernet cable. the problem happens when no-one else is using the internet too

You should never install the drivers from the MoBo CD, most of the time there are newer drivers which can have bugs fixed and overall performance increase.