Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fixed the title to ease confusion.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Edit: Say hello to my Master jedi, i am merely a grateful apprentice willing to learn Again thanks for your original thread elpadrino293, and sorry for not giving you more credit, though i would assume any reasonable person would search these very forums for something as basic as "building larger ignites" or just building ignite. Am i expecting too much ?
    Btw you can use He =)
    glad to see someone read and understood the post. sad to see some of it go to waste when 5.1 hits... Pyro!>PoM+FB>(Alter)Pyro! will have to do.

Deleted
    ye sadly.

And im glad to see we are not the only ones head bashing Gara'jal the Spiritbinder ><

10+ Year Old Account
    i was doing pretty well on heroic just cant get heals on normal mode kills for some reasons.

i do it at least once a pull, as i said with 30%crit not taking CM into account the chance of getting 2x !pyro in a row is ~51% using AT ensures me the 3rd. and there is a pretty high chance i will get another one some where in the chain.

If you want to be delusional then please go ahead and live in your cata mindset. but then again you think wow is madskillzor game, when it in fact have really low skill cap ceiling. I am not surprised.

Did i mention this is without PoM?...........

Edit: Say hello to my Master jedi, i am merely a grateful apprentice willing to learn Again thanks for your original thread elpadrino293, and sorry for not giving you more credit, though i would assume any reasonable person would search these very forums for something as basic as "building larger ignites" or just building ignite. Am i expecting too much ?
    Btw you can use He =)
    I guess you just need to read up on your English. once every pull isn't always. 2/7 is not often.

I think you need to read up on your english, Keske.
    He said "At least once", not "Once".
    "At least once" is not equivalent to "Once per pull".
    "At least once" means "usually more than once, never not at all".

It is not sensible to criticise someone's reading comprehension in the same post as pulling their words out of context and intentionally misunderstanding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    seeing how you're still relying on RNG to get those 3 pyros you can take your patronising asshattery elsewere. Since being at 29.5% raid buffed gives you a CM of 39.75% wich is hardly a number that can garantuee you anything.
    you need to study your own english my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think you need to read up on your english, Keske.
    He said "At least once", not "Once".
    "At least once" is not equivalent to "Once per pull".
    "At least once" means "usually more than once, never not at all".

It is not sensible to criticise someone's reading comprehension in the same post as pulling their words out of context and intentionally misunderstanding them.
    ," I always get at least 2 pyro's and often i get 3, lucky is getting 4+. This is without PoM. " No he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    ill take a bite of your shoes if 5.1 comes out tomorrow

the way they changed invocation also affects frost more than fire (since frost stacks haste) but i wouldnt be surprised if fire does drop a bit of dps with them lucky combustion with 3 pyroblast in a row
    The invocation change was scrapped by GC, it's no longer being put in..

Deleted
    To get to the point you have Heating up and Pyroblast! is a 44.25% chance, given 29.5% raid buffed crit.

To get to the point you have 3 Pryoblasts in a row is an 8% (1 in 11.6) chance and since it requires Inferno Blast it's likely to take you 11.6 * 8 seconds to achieve, 92.8 seconds, meaning you've missed out on an entire glyphed Combustion waiting for it to happen.

44.25% of the time is not always.
    8% of the time is not often, nor is it 2/7 (28.6%). Your head math was out by 357.5%, but at least you know the mechanics!
    Last edited by mmocc5b636c3e7; 2012-10-30 at 05:00 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    Mage is not fun to play at the moment because of lvl 90 talents... but the dmg is ok

With 5.1 it will be even less fun to play and numbers will be worse... rip mage... new warlock...
    This is subjective. I like IW a lot. The other two are a bit lack luster, Invocation being the worst imo. I am still having a blast with my frost mage.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I'm happier now.. now to deal with those pesky lvl 90 talents!
    Last edited by Krazzor; 2012-10-30 at 07:23 PM.
    CoolerMaster HAF 912 | i7-2600k OC'd to 4.6 GHz | KUHLER H2O 920 | Hatchi 1TB SATA-II | 64 GB SSD SATA-II | ADATA DDR3-1600 8 GB | EVGA Superclocked - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB | Storm Inferno - Mouse | Logitech G15 V1.0 | Antec HCP-750

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzor View Post
    I'm happier now.. now to deal with those pesky lvl 90 talents!
    Uh, is he implying they aren't changing combustion as well? If not, get ready for some super fun 80-100k combustions, heh.

Good, I can carry on soloing Alysrazor.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Krazzor, you may have just made a tear of joy stream down my face.

If the cooldown were to be implemented, I would have to take a serious look at how it made fire mage gameplay feel for me. There is a decent chance I would sideline my mage who would be relegated to little more than a mount and gold collector. That hasn't happened since I first signed into the game back in the BC days. : /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    ," I always get at least 2 pyro's and often i get 3, lucky is getting 4+. This is without PoM. " No he didn't.
    You need to learn how to read into context, especially on replies made to your own context. you said getting 3 pyro combustion was lucky. As i have demonstrated it is far from it. If you do not wish to improve your play i really cant help you, both elpadrino and i have laid out all the evidence, and you still refuse it.
    doing something consistently on every pull/AT is not getting lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomitory View Post
    To get to the point you have Heating up and Pyroblast! is a 44.25% chance, given 29.5% raid buffed crit.

To get to the point you have 3 Pryoblasts in a row is an 8% (1 in 11.6) chance and since it requires Inferno Blast it's likely to take you 11.6 * 8 seconds to achieve, 92.8 seconds, meaning you've missed out on an entire glyphed Combustion waiting for it to happen.

8% of the time is not often, nor is it 2/7 (28.6%). Your head math was out by 357.5%, but at least you know the mechanics!
    Your assumptions are incorrect, and you forget about AT witch can be used 2+ times on every pull, or every 2end combustion.
    you calculate the percentile for 3 chained !pyro and claim it will take 92s, try doing that math for 2 instead.
    I dont understand why you bring IB into this discussion as the only part it plays is forcing the 1st !pyro, continue spamming Fb till HU, and then do 1more(finish the one channelling)

Try this next time you raid:

Never use !pyro unless HS+HU. then Fb->!pyro. Then come back and post.

10+ Year Old Account

where on earth are you getting 92.8 seconds from? yes, inferno blast has an 8 second cool down, in which you could cast 4 fireballs (or 6 globals) within that 8 second time frame. 8 out of 9 times you will see at least one fireball critically hit every four times you cast a fireball, when it does critically hit is when you inferno blast, and then go back to fireball spamming. within another 8 seconds of casting fireballs, you should have the Heating Up buff in addition to the Hot Streak available. you will see both HS+HU buffs active far more often than once every ~93 seconds, probably more in the area 1/6 of that time.

Deleted
    You need to learn how to read into context, especially on replies made to your own context. you said getting 3 pyro combustion was lucky. As i have demonstrated it is far from it. If you do not wish to improve your play i really cant help you, both elpadrino and i have laid out all the evidence, and you still refuse it.
    doing something consistently on every pull/AT is not getting lucky.

Your assumptions are incorrect, and you forget about AT witch can be used 2+ times on every pull, or every 2end combustion.
    you calculate the percentile for 3 chained !pyro and claim it will take 92s, try doing that math for 2 instead.
    I dont understand why you bring IB into this discussion as the only part it plays is forcing the 1st !pyro, continue spamming Fb till HU, and then do 1more(finish the one channelling)

Try this next time you raid:

Never use !pyro unless HS+HU. then Fb->!pyro. Then come back and post.
    You should really read what you've written, determine how you get to your first Heating Up + Pyroblast! phase while considering that you said you always get 2 Pyroblasts in a row - that excludes you being able to include AT when it comes to proving how you do it. I'm be being pedantic, but I think that's reasonable when you're wrong and are being insulting to other people.

oh they are scrapping the 3s on pyroblast?? yay gets my dailies faster

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Uh, is he implying they aren't changing combustion as well? If not, get ready for some super fun 80-100k combustions, heh.
    that burst at the start with pots,trinket bloodlust lucky ignite is going to be insane burst O.o
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2012-10-30 at 09:32 PM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Please, tell us how you get 3 in a row without PoM. I don't see how it's possible to guarantee 2 in a row without PoM.

1st Scenario: An idiot that casts Fireball with Heating Up and Inferno Blast off cooldown
    Fireball (crit)
    Fireball (crit)
    Pyroblast (crit)
    Now you only have Heating Up. Casting Inferno Blast or Fireball would mean it isn't 2 Pyroblasts in a row.

2nd Scenario: A normal person that uses Inferno Blast with Heating Up
    Fireball (crit)
    Inferno Blast (crit)
    Pyroblast (crit)
    Now you only have Heating Up. Casting Fireball would mean it isn't 2 Pyroblasts in a row.
    Fireball (Crit) -> Fireball (Crit) -> Inferno Blast -> You now have Hot Streak and Heating up -> Fireball + pyro (fireball which hits first crits) -> You can't use the new pyroblast you just got.

Furthermore, if you used Alter Time when you got Hot Streak and Heating up for the first time, you're losing another pyro which you could have gotten into that ignite duration by pressing alter time again.

Didn't see the Twitter post, that makes me feel better. As for the level 90 talents, I don't like them at all. All of them are very situational and can be equally bad in some encounters (Spirit Kings comes to mind).
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2012-10-30 at 09:36 PM.