Deleted

Question Looking for Frost PvP guidance

Heya fellas! Currently I do not have enough time to commit to PvE (that is what I was doing in WoW all the time) and decided to take a look at my alts and try some PvP (casual-level at first).

So, I have a 82lv DK, which I leveled as Blood in instances. Now I am thinking of trying some PvP with Frost... I tried to find a good starter guide (not youtube) for Frost PvP, but you won't believe it - I couldn't...

To be honest, I already tried playing it: took Frost talents, put spells to action bar, smashed dummy for a few times, went to a BG, got pwned in seconds, logged off and went to hide under the blanket.

So what I am looking for at start - some info about rotation (should I "copy" it from PvE?). Also, I would like to know, is it worth preserving runes/runic power, what is the burst mode, what utilities (talents/glyphs) are best for some casual leveling in BG. Maybe even some proven tips&tricks, which could help to break the ice?

If anyone could help with thoughts or valuable links - I would appreciate that!

Deleted
    Ok, looks like I managed to gather bits & pieces over the internet. Tried it, really liked it. Now I have another question.

I go with 2H at the moment (basically - because you can go with ilv450 2H mace easilly from lv85). That means I go with Obliterate all the way. My question is: I am fighting someone, Killing Machine procs, but I still have (let's say) 4 sec. CD on runes, so I can't hit Obliterate... Shall I go with Frost Strike in such case? What should be the best "time left on runes" to wait, from your experience?
    OR maybe I am doing the whole thing wrong, and i shouldn't spam so many Obliterates without Killing Machine procs (as I read somewhere - preserve some runes and "hunt" for Killing Machine procs)?

Thanks for input!
    Last edited by mmoc883b8bb438; 2012-10-29 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    dw is better for pvp imho

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-29 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belz View Post
    Ok, looks like I managed to gather bits & pieces over the internet. Tried it, really liked it. Now I have another question.

I go with 2H at the moment (basically - because you can go with ilv450 2H mace easilly from lv85). That means I go with Obliterate all the way. My question is: I am fighting someone, Killing Machine procs, but I still have (let's say) 4 sec. CD on runes, so I can't hit Obliterate... Shall I go with Frost Strike in such case? What should be the best "time left on runes" to wait, from your experience?
    OR maybe I am doing the whole thing wrong, and i shouldn't spam so many Obliterates without Killing Machine procs (as I read somewhere - preserve some runes and "hunt" for Killing Machine procs)?

Thanks for input!
    You'll want to use Frost Strike if your runes are down and you can't get replacement runes fast enough. Also, you should switch to blood tap to help prevent that kind of issue. When your runes are down, you're at sub 30% on a clothie and you wanna use your KM, you're going to want to hit BT to get back runes to do it.

Problem is you're PvP'in at 82, you'll get smashed by lvl 84's and 83's. You have to wait until 90 to try what it's actually like

Deleted
    With my slow pace I reached the next slot, 85-89... Yep, there you have to be careful not to get one(two) shotted by 88+ as well, but when you catch someone 1vs1 it is still interesting and playable

Thanks for the tips!

Update: found some useful info (even though it is for PvE "patchwerk") about resource management tips & tricks in EJ - http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t131138-...tactics_2hand/
    Last edited by mmoc883b8bb438; 2012-10-30 at 12:01 PM.