Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Arena is as different from BG as 5mans are from raiding. If you just push all PvP in one box, then dailies/dungeons/raids should also be in one box. But that would mean that there are no alternatives for anything.
    Arena and Rated BG's aren't really all that different, as both are competitive PvP. 5 man's are just a sandbox for people to gear up. You also didn't respond to my suggestion of a fine alternative to obtaining rep through the BMAH.

I just thought of an existing alternative for you as well: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50831

If BMAH is an alternative to raiding then this mob is an alternative to dailies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    I found a solution for the problem...

Cancelled my sub yesterday. It´s a pitty wow turned into an asia grinder with people crying for more...
    I get the feeling you've never ever played an asian grinder if you think two hours of dailies a day (and that's if you're slow as molasses doing them) is anything remotely close to an asian grinder. Plus, once you hit revered you never have to do them again unless you want the mounts/tabards from exalted. You don't even have to do cloud serpents/tillers/anglers for gear. And once you're revered if you still want charms of good fortune you only have to do 45 dailies a week. That's 5 a day. That takes 10 minutes tops.

This thread plus the one where people are complaining about the 10-15 hours it takes to get from 85-90 WITHOUT FLYING (BOOHOO) being horrendous gives me little hope for the future of the game, that people have become this entitled.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

hating them is fine, crying like a big baby isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    And yet as others have already said, you don't NEED the rep. That makes it optional.
    But you do need to if you want access to the best profession patterns etc. All I am trying to get at is that there should be another method to get rep. As I said in an earlier post why not just allow tabards to get you to revered and then grind the rest of the way to exalted to soften the blow. Or vice versa.

I've always hated dailies but I am doing them anyways. Yesterday I hit exalted with Klaxxi and the feeling of relief of never having to do another Klaxxi daily again was awesome, not only that but I got the last Klaxxi zone quests which gave me a ilevel 489 ring which totally put me over the ilevel requirement 470 for the next raid ilevel.

Now that I can look back at the time invested it only takes 1 week to become revered so unlocking valor gear is no big problem really. I am waiting for 5.1 alt valor rewards though so its easier to do what I need to do on my alts to get my rep up. I would grind it twice because the grind really isn't that bad. I use to play FFXI and that was a real grind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I despise and you do need to do them if you want to help your raid be successful.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    If you open your eyes I'm suggesting something at the end of my first post.
    That was included in the "already been addressed" part. So evidently you still haven't read the thread. Enough of the "if you open your eyes" shit. We've dealt with tabard gains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    But you do need to if you want access to the best profession patterns etc. All I am trying to get at is that there should be another method to get rep. As I said in an earlier post why not just allow tabards to get you to revered and then grind the rest of the way to exalted to soften the blow. Or vice versa.
    Because dungeons are rewarding enough as it is, and obtaining rep from them as well is overkill on rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    The difference in reps gains was way too high. It was possible for someone to level almost every rep to exalted in one to three days. That's free rep, comparable to dailies.

Careful about Shatari skyguard! That was a daily! Incidentally, you've stumbled on two different solutions:

1) Make sure the dailies are engaging. It appears that many of the current ones aren't.

2) Give mutually exclusive options for dailies (so that someone can't just do them all), so that folks have a choice of which daily to do. Much the same as levelling can be done in different zones. Thus you would choose a bombing run, someone else might like a kill quest.
    You sure about it being a daily? I didn't start playing WoW until 3.3, so it might've changed before that, but I could farm pages(?) for a repeatable turn-in.

Dailies are optional ONLY after you hit revered, because the exalted items are only cosmetic. But until revered you are forced to do them, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    Reading through a lot of posts about people that hate having to do the daily's everyday and peoples replies saying don't do them. Such a pathetic response.

The tabard system worked why they changed it god knows... That way people that liked daily's could do them and get more rep quicker but those that didn't like to do them could farm heroics and get the rep by doing something they enjoy rather than being forced to do something they don't like to get mounts and epic gear.

I myself want these mounts, recipes and to spend the Valor Points I have rightfully earned but in order to get these things I HAVE to do daily's and I personally don't enjoy it but I do it because I want new mounts, epic gear and rare recipes.

Yes what they have done with the challenge mode to give people with extreme skill and a lot of time they get a special mount and special transmorg gear and world/realm first achievements. I won't be able to get these but I don't mind because these players deserve it for the dedication but why the hell should I have to dedicate 1-2 hours every day just to get stupid rep to spend valor points I have earned in an alternative way....

My point is people that say don't do them are narrow minded and can't see it from another perspective.

Perhaps the way around this is to bring back the tabards but grant the people that do the daily's more rep for taking the time to do them than that is received from the tabards would that solution work?
    yeah, I wonder why the devs changed away from the tabard system.. God only knows.. and EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE THEY TOLD US FIVE TIMES ALREAY... the tabard system was fast, but guess what... it no longer was a ´Rep´system at all. Your actions were completely unrelated to the Rep you were working on.

This is a game, it needs to have hurdles. ´why can´t I get Rep to exalted by taking flight paths´.. ´why can´t I gain rep by doing scenarios´... The game needs balance.

My problem is with the idiots who think they have to do 7 factions worth of dailies every day, and then complain about it. You want epics? guess what.. you are only earning 1000 VP a week.. there is no reason to have all 4 epic factions to exalted. You want a new mount? do the one you like best first.. then do the others. The problem isn´t with the system the devs set up, the problem is that everyone wants everything in the first 5 mins of the expansion, and for doing nothing. In WOTLK, everyone was doing heroics anyway.. so you ended up with 3 rewards for doing 1 dungeon ( drops, rep, vp-token).

Trust me, everyone can see it from your perspective.. you don´t want to play the game, you just want to log in and get your rewards.

As others have previously stated, obtaining reputation rewards is merely an optional portion of the endgame experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidusbr View Post
    Dailies are optional ONLY after you hit revered, because the exalted items are only cosmetic. But until revered you are forced to do them, sadly.
    Nope, you're not. You can get fully raid ready through dungeons alone.

Deleted
    This thread escalated quickly - so much spam and always the same stuff repeating itself over and over. Stop feeding trolls, guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did that on my priest, these complainers think they got it tough lol.
    Good old primal grinding in BC.... I still remember the hours of talking in TS while killing hundreds of elementals.

Don;t worry complainers cry enough blizz will most likely hear you and revert to rep tabards. Just a pathetic way to get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Arena and Rated BG's aren't really all that different, as both are competitive PvP. 5 man's are just a sandbox for people to gear up. You also didn't respond to my suggestion of a fine alternative to obtaining rep through the BMAH.

I just thought of an existing alternative for you as well: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50831

If BMAH is an alternative to raiding then this mob is an alternative to dailies.
    That item has a 7 day cooldown, would take 43 weeks to get to exalted via that way. Not really sure how that is even a remotely viable alternative. You can do arena and RBG to the CP cap, you can't just camp this mob and grind your way to exalted.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    You're right, there really should be another option. But "dailies suck" isn't proposing an alternative. And "They aren't optional" isn't providing a solution either. Incidentally the best patterns aren't always needed, as you can just farm the mats and let someone else craft for you. (MMO and all that) OR you can run dungeons as the gear they drop is enough for LFR, which is then enough for guild raids, etc. Those are all options that easily get around dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by pauslove View Post
    Im doing the daily's for The Pandaren ambassador achievment but I fully respect people that dislike doing them because I dont like them either but im an achievment/mount wh#re.
    Most of my friends stopped doing golden lotus at revered but if you want a new trinket you still have to get shado-pan to revered which I personally think is to much for the casual player.
    Maybe a new rank should be added like honored > new one(which open valor gear) > revered > exalted but still keep the same amount of rep needed to get exalted.
    WHAT ELSE IS A CASUAL PLAYER GOING TO BE DOING?

You are talking about 20 minutes to do Golden lotus.. get it to Revered. After that. you do SP, which takes about 10 minutes per day. If you quested through the zones, you are talking about a total of about a month.

So the big question is.. if you are a casual player, and 20 minutes of daily quests is ´too much´.... what else are you doing?

Do people even want to play the game? I mean if doing 5 SP quests is ´too much´.???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    That item has a 7 day cooldown, would take 43 weeks to get to exalted via that way. Not really sure how that is even a remotely viable alternative. You can do arena and RBG to the CP cap, you can't just camp this mob and grind your way to exalted.
    Yet it's an alternative to get rep, just as BMAH is an alternative to get raid gear. I think it would go faster to become exalted through the piece pipe, than to get a full set of gear from the BMAH due to the ridiculous gold cost and low chance of the right item being auctioned.