Fire Mage PVP problems

Hey,

before i stop to play PVP i thought ill ask around if i maybe have the wrong impression. In advance, i dont have the best pvp gear. i have the self crafted set from s12 and i bought 5 pieces from honor so far. Besides my ilvl 463 hc weap everything is updated for pvp in MoP. Ive never played highrtaed arenas, i went to about 1700 rating on few chars. But even when i wanst that good, i always felt like i have a plan when i enter a arena or a duel and i also could more or less stick to that. Now i feel little helpless to say the truth. Andi dont know if im just bad, if its because of lil worse gear then the others have or if mages just got weaker. I mean there is still threads about how OP mages are again, what confuses me. It just feels like everyone nowadays has insane absorb abilities and sick selfheals. That also describes what classes i struggle with the most (hunter,warr,sp) also ret is like a bossfight. Healers obviously dont care about me

Yesterday i did for the first time some arenas and like 70% of the teams were warr/druid or hunter/druid. Basicly we got destroyed by the dps in about 10 secs while sometimes even the healer could pull more dps then me...ah and my m8 in the 2s was a frost mage (we played also together in Cata at about 1600 rating). His survivability was about same as mine...After about 30 matches we reached the bottom of the ratings and could actually win something.

So am i that bad?Is it my gear?Id like to play more pvp but i need some hope

Cheers PPN

Maybe provide a army link or something?

Also why not go frost since I'm under the impression that frost is still the best mage pvp spec