Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Denmark: we got no disasters what so ever

In Romania, where i live u got:
    -draught, sometimes, this summer was one
    -big snow falls, like last winter, but their only bad because authorities are not organised well to deal with these situations
    -spring floods
    -random powerfull storms that will break a tree or 2 but that s usualy 1 or 2 each year, rarely a problem
    -big floods every once in a while, last one was in 2003-2004 if i recall
    -earthquakes, we have an seismic center in the middle of the country, we have a few 3-5 richter eq every year, and large 7+ or so every 40 years or so (last one i heard of was in the 70 s)
    -because of masiive deforestations , there s the random landslides also.

That s about it i guess, weather is nice most of the time, and where i live the only real threat are floods or major snowfalls, but they are quite rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had floods here but thenn we build dikes and its been safe for a long time. Besides some minor stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    I dropped my cup of tea once, that's called a national emergency here...
    Thing is, it's true.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Basically, when you get above the southern border of Germany, you can't really call it "Natural Disasters" anymore, but merely "Natural Inconveniences".

15+ Year Old Account
    UK got the back end of Hurricane Allen in the 80's, theres also been pretty timid Tornado's south of England.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I don't know about the rest of Europe, but in Denmark we have pretty stable weather, the only "Natural Disaster" we have is snow during the winter.

However, ten years ago or so, we had a pretty heavy hurricane, powerful winds blowing all night, pretty scary if you ask me. I also recall a flood in my home town around the same time (might have been a few years later) thought it was only in that area, and it was due to heavy raining that night before, three months of rain in three hours, damn that was intense.

As of right now, we have heavy snow during winter, and intense heat during summer, but besides all that, we don't really have anything that can be considered Natural Disasters.

Deleted
    There was a bad flood up North Wales earlier this year. I can also remember an earthquake about 8 years ago. It was so bad that the pictures on the wall moved slightly! D: Also we sometimes have snow that goes as deep as about 5, maybe 6 inches? But it only takes 2 inches to stop public transport, close schools and give me an excuse to skip work

10+ Year Old Account
    Here in Iceland we have not had natural disasters in I don´t even know how many years (no I don´t count the 2 eruptions we had recently).

But we do hold the record for one of the deadliest disasters in human history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laki

"The system erupted over an eight-month period between 1783 and 1784 from the Laki fissure and the adjoining Grímsvötn volcano, pouring out an estimated 14 km3 (3.4 cu mi) of basalt lava and clouds of poisonous hydrofluoric acid and sulfur dioxide compounds that killed over 50% of Iceland's livestock population, leading to a famine that killed approximately 25% of the island's human population.

The Laki eruption and its aftermath caused a drop in global temperatures, as sulfur dioxide was spewed into the Northern Hemisphere. This caused crop failures in Europe and may have caused droughts in India. The eruption has been estimated to have killed over six million people globally, making the eruption the deadliest in historical times."

Its also said by some that its one of the reasons the french revolution started.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-10-30 at 07:17 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

you had a freaking vulcano eruption 2 years ago, you already forgot?

We had an 6.3 earthquake with it's epicenter right next to my island in Greece (2003) that did a lot of damage to our house, cracks, and caused some rocks to slide from mountains onto roads. Only one guy got seriously injured though, we are pretty used to earthquakes

Deleted
    Pretty much nothing in Finland, some slight flooding and strong wind sometimes...

10+ Year Old Account
    A part of Slovenia had pretty bad floods and snow over the weekend. It would be nothing out of the ordinary but snow was very very heavy and trees had lives of them so a lot of them broke under stress, and in turn they tore power lines.
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    you had a freaking vulcano eruption 2 years ago, you already forgot?
    Like I said, I don´t really count that as a disaster, nobody died or anything.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

Also Denmark has the added feature of having the UK as a meat shield

so its 2012, and the UK is still Denmarks bitch

Deleted
    Theres usually some quite bad floods every year in some parts of England, nothing life threatening though. I don't think there's any plate boundaries near Europe, the nearest one is by Iceland (big ash-cloud causing volcano last year), so we don't really get any earthquakes.

Deleted
    Almost nothing, there has been two earthquakes where i live (around 4 on the Richter scale), although i didn't noticed one of them. Some heavy winds like Gudrun, but it's nothing compared to the hurricanes in America. Other than that i can't think of anything else.

Deleted
    In live in the UK, nothing happens here, well, we get floods occasionaly but thats it. I remember my family being scared of wind that was "slightly" stronger than normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poo, stupid list ignores my country. Lithuania, also in Europe, we have a tornado or two each year.

Deleted
    Floods happen often in the UK, at any time of the year. Also the UK has more tornados by area than any other country in the world.

Oh, and a few years ago we had a 5.5 magnitude earthquake, the epicentre was ten miles from my house.