Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So I resubbed, and I'm having a great time!

After much messing around, I finally resubbed to SWTOR last week. I initially left for a couple of reasons, one being that I had a poor system unable to handle it very well, and the other being that my friends had left and were shit talking about the game, which I had assumed to mean that it was bad.

Anyway, I resubbed now that I have a new system and decided to give it a proper shot, I picked up my old Sith Marauder which was about level 11 at the time and I am now level 31. So far I've had a blast!

I've been seriously surprised that I was missing out on this experience all this time, and quite confused as to why the game gets so much bad stuff said about it, perhaps I'm missing something and the bad is yet to come, but I'm loving this game so far.

The combat feels great, sometimes it is a little buggy, but it does a good job of making me feel like a sith lord, my saber attack animations are really nice and I love how it feels charging into a group of enemies.

The story is compelling, for the first time ever I am actually listening to every NPC, some of them are a little pointless, but for the most part, I love interacting with them and some of the dialogue options are great!

Gear looks nice, I love the aesthetic of star wars and Bioware have really built on that quite well.

I've yet to experience PvP but so far my questing and flashpoint experiences have been great. Really I just came here in the hopes that anyone in the same situation as me who may have quit early on due to what others have said will give it another try and judge it for themselves.

Apparently the end game is very lacking. I only got to level 25 or something then unsubbed. I just didn't want to pay for it AND WoW when i spent most of my time on WoW. Only reason i unsubbed.

SWTOR has one of the best levelling experiences in an MMO. Strong story, interesting characters, it's compelling stuff.

The problem is the end game and the imminent F2P change... F2P isn't bad by itself, but the stuff EA is going to make you pay for is ridiculous.

It is good till you get to the end.. I loved leveling. Leveled a Powertech, Assassin, and Ops(medic). All to level 50 and i loved all the story behind but at 50 it just lacked for me
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Deleted
    Lvl'ing my 4th character to 50 atm while occasionally doing Ops when I find the time. I fill up the rest of my online time by RP'ing, I'm an active player, I play most of the days from 7 till 12... I rarely have a "boring" moment. While in WoW... I was driving the famous circles arround orgrimmar ;o

10+ Year Old Account
    People say bad stuff about it because that's their opinion. IMO, TOR is a fine game, at its strongest when you're leveling as many have said. But there just wasn't enough past that for me to keep playing it, my interest waned quickly. It has beautiful graphics though, great sound and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    So I resubbed, and I'm having a great time!
    Good for you. Again, TOR isn't a "bad" game. BioWare just made a variety design decisions that, it turned out, many of their subscribers didn't agree with.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I wouldn't read too many threads here unless you want us ruining your fun

Just go enjoy the game for as long as you want/can. It's a great game! Just know that it is about to enter a gigantic transition going to F2P. As a subscriber, you won't see anything but extras heading your way. As far as future content however, it remains unclear whether it will be available to you for free or more money.

Just take your time, play at your pace, and love it! Worry about everything else later.

I have nearly every ALT expect for Trooper and Jedi. The side quests turned into very perditcable situations that I already knew the outcome of. Not many people group while leveling. Everyone has a separate class quest. It was like a solo adventure for me. Which is fine I leveled up through Legacy perks. I know theyw could have done so much more. I'm excited to hear about the free to play.

I thought free to play meant like GW2 the entire game would go free to play with paying for perks. The game will still have subs on top of people who want to play without one.w
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-11-01 at 01:37 PM.

I'm not a fan of the endgame, but I absolutely love the storylines. That's why I play SW:TOR as a single player game rather than an MMO.

Deleted
    Storylines are great for some classes, but not all of them are that interesting. I had a Jedi Knight - Marauder (Level 50 - Personal Story finished) and yeah, it was fun, it was epic (maybe a little more epic than it should have, but I won't spoil anything). But when I was struggling with my epic battles, my girlfriend was dying of boredom in Jedi Consular storyline. "Go there and do that! Done? Now go to that other place and do that again!" kind of stories aren't comparable to Jedi Knight's "NOW YOU WILL HAVE AN EPIC BATTLE WITH THIS EVIL CHARACTER! ALL GALAXY'S FATE DEPENDS ON YOUR SUCCESS!" epicness.

Still, better stories than most of the MMOs (Yeah, I am looking at you Guild Wars 2!). I am planning to continue leveling my Sith Warrior (level 30ish) when it is F2P anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Good for you. Again, TOR isn't a "bad" game. BioWare just made a variety design decisions that, it turned out, many of their subscribers didn't agree with.
    If you don't think its perfect then you are a bad person who believes bad things.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I'm not a fan of the endgame, but I absolutely love the storylines. That's why I play SW:TOR as a single player game rather than an MMO.
    I'm happy that this game can provide different appealing mechanics for the people. I've no interest in the story at all and am only mechanic/theory/skill driven. For me its my social community / guild and challenging content which determine if a game is fun or not =)

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

No game is perfect, and everyone has opinions.
    Personally?...I love the game...I love the raids...have made GREAT new friends...
    They have made many improvements, and it appears that new content is coming at a good rate now

As far as F2P? I haven't paid much attention because I will stay subbed.
    It does amaze me when people bitch about the free stuff...because they don't get ENOUGH free stuff?...really?

Deleted
    I'll check this game again after I get bored with wow, and by the looks of it, it's gonna be pretty soon.

How is the population ? All servers on low like *cough*Rift*cough* or does it actually look good ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    It does amaze me when people bitch about the free stuff...because they don't get ENOUGH free stuff?...really?
    Here's syphillis, free of charge. I don't want to hear you complaining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill probably return to check out the F2P flavor, but I dont plan on giving EA any money so Im sure that wont last long.

Loved SWTOR at launch, hated what EA did to BW which in turn gated what could have been a top notch Star Wars MMO from start to finish and beyond. EA has no business involved in games that they cant launch and forget while they work on the next sequel.

People complaining about end game probably left before the latest two Flashpoints and Operations. The post release content is much more difficult and very fun. TFB is one of the best raids I've done in any game. The problem was that EV and KP while fun, were way too easy and were cleared very early and left not much to do. Not the case now. Also PVP is very fun as long as you realise that some people will have better gear than you, but it doesn't take long to gear up and it makes you feel like a beast when you take them down with worse gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    People complaining about end game probably left before the latest two Flashpoints and Operations. The post release content is much more difficult and very fun. TFB is one of the best raids I've done in any game.
    Completely agree. I love SWTOR's instances, just not a lot else to do. If they continue to produce instances like the last few though, they are set to have a great scene there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I'll check this game again after I get bored with wow, and by the looks of it, it's gonna be pretty soon.

How is the population ? All servers on low like *cough*Rift*cough* or does it actually look good ?
    Populations seem fine to me. All the US servers are mid to high pops, granted there are only around 8. I haven't had any issues with the game thus far. My highest is only level 30.

I'm playing only republic toons atm, Jedi Knight story seems better than the Consular, though the Consular class is more interesting. Currently have only 4 toons, sentinel, guardian, shadow, and sage. Once I get them to 50 or close to, I'll branch to the commando and smuggler classes, then go imperial side.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the leveling experience so far and looking forward to the f2p perks, and not planning on unsubbing until I finish leveling through most classes and then checking endgame and see how I like it.

I don't think many subs will unsub due to f2p except those that were planning on going f2p anyways and are dissatisfied that they can't get a free ride for free. Hopefully the actual pricing structure in the cartel coin shop isn't prohibitive and will allow new players to jump in, enjoy and maybe decide to sub and as thus grow the game.

Personally, I think its up to the player base to keep up the positivity that I've seen so far. I've only had a couple of bad experiences so far. A healer in a flashpoint who only wanted to dps, and 1 typical WoW type that didn't like the group and ninja left with the "I don't play with newbs" comment. Honestly, to the 2nd comment, I was at fault as the tank. I wasn't in tank stance and I didn't ha e guard up. Those 2 things after I realized what I did wrong completely changed the flashpoint. If healer would have been cool and a little patience, then we would have sailed through, which we did after the adjustments, just without that healer.

Just a hint for the new f2p players, if yo are new, say so ahead of time. I've realized that goes a long way towards patience and people taking time explaining boss fights in fps, as well as a couple of nub brain farts.