Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Jedi_Order

This will probably be what episode 7 is.
    you know wouldnt be a bad start i think. its got everybody in it and lots going on with Daalia the Sun Crusher Exar Kun and stuff. but there really wasnt all that much in space combat and we know that all movies need that element in each movie

now this... is pod racing.

But I digress.

It will be interesting to see how Disney spins the whole "luke training under the emperor and becoming evil" thing.

I mean. Jedi chapter 2.5?

Hell, Revan even.

Its a common thing in the EU of starwars. But I'm not sure how it would fit in a disney movie.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    you know wouldnt be a bad start i think. its got everybody in it and lots going on with Daalia the Sun Crusher Exar Kun and stuff. but there really wasnt all that much in space combat and we know that all movies need that element in each movie
    I don't remember Attack of the Clones having much space combat. But maybe I'm just attempting to erase that entire movie from my memory.

This is awesome news for SWTOR too. With an upcoming Star Wars movie it may drive a lot of fans to check out this amazing F2P MMO that's available to soak up the Star Wars atmosphere.

I'm really excited about this prospect, the recent Marvel movies have been outstanding so I'm optimistic that a new Star Wars movie will be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Jedi_Order

This will probably be what episode 7 is.
    Nope, Lucas already had the plots on 7-9 so I highly doubt thats it, especially if he's going to be consulting on it.

This might give ppl a chance to find out more about yoda's race then dangle the carrot of it becoming part of SWTOR as a result. With f2p going live I am sure they could make a killing charging to unlock them as a playable class.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

this surprised me because lucas always said that would never happen, both new movies as well as selling his babies.
    but I am actually looking forward to the movie, it cant possibly be worse than the prequels. but I guess it will be something completely new that takes place at least a few decades after episode 6. I cant imagine them continuing the story of luke, han and leia and casting different actors. they wont have to worry about the EU, either if it takes place much later, although I guess most people would love to see thrawn, me included.

I honestly never thought I'd see anything Star Wars movie. Ever.

But this, this is good news. I'm a little concerned what the merger will do to the franchise, but Disney has a reputation for putting out great moves so I'm very optimistic.

I wonder what direction they will take it? Since it's Episode VII (damn it feels good to type that out), I imagine the events will take place after RotJ, of course. But how far into the future they will go? And will any of the old faces make a return? Personally, I would really love to see some of the more obscure Jedi and Dark Jedi from the novels fleshed out on the big screen. It's all about the lightsabers!

Regardless, I'm excited as shit! The prospects of sitting in the theater, watching a new Star Wars movie is no longer wishful thinking.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2012-10-31 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    At least it gets Lucas out of the franchise, anything Disney does couldn't be worse than what George does. Further Disney did have their hand in Avengers Assemble, so maybe, just maybe they wont suck like the new trilogy

I don't know how to feel about this as several others have mentioned. The overarching response to this seems to be one of excitement, but, even as a massive Star Wars (and Darth Vader) fan, I can't help but feel a bit skeptical about all of this and how it could turn out. Lots of my friends (and general Facebook statuses and comments) seem to be hailing this as the Second Coming and when I propose an alternate view about how I'm not particularly thrilled (I reiterate: I am a MASSIVE SW fan), it's met with disdain and "This is the best thing for Star Wars since 1980." I don't want this to suffer from the hype train - though, with the last Star Wars movie having come out 7 years ago I can't help but feel like it will. I would LOVE for it to be amazing considering the only movie from the new trilogy I like is RotS, I just don't want to be let down. All that said, I will be first in line to see it and will probably love it even if it is shit .

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rest assured Jaron that there's no way it could be worse than the last three movies. Say what you will about Disney, but they are kings of marketing and branding. While this does mean that you will see a plethora of toys and tie-ins, it also means there will be a quality product to back it up. People might criticize some of their decisions, but they make everything with a specific target market. If you didn't like their ideas, you probably weren't their audience.

I'm sure with an IP like this, they will haev a multilayered strategy to impact multiple markets. I would expect the movies to incorporate lots of elements to reclaim the original fan base (think 40-60), some to reinforce the current base (18-39), and some off branches to bring a new audience into the fold (current children).

Edit: nvm, I'm in the wrong forum.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    this taken from this site
    I worry bout the continuing of Luke, Han and Leia i know they will need new actors(resses) and with todays talent I am terrified to see who they tap for the roles
    You know as well as I do that Harrison Ford hasnt changed at all :P
    Mark Hamill faded into nothing so they gonna need another Luke for sure.
    As for Carrie Fisher... Yeah theres no chance she could pull off the slave girl outfit anymore.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    Mark Hamill faded into nothing so they gonna need another Luke for sure.
    Just a little bit of fact checking here, but Mark Hamill became one of the greatest voice actors of current time. He has done the best Joker voices in Batman everything for like, forever now.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000434/

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Hemsworth - Luke Skywalker and they'll have him tone his muscle down a bit. Calling it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrield View Post
    This is awesome news for SWTOR too. With an upcoming Star Wars movie it may drive a lot of fans to check out this amazing F2P MMO that's available to soak up the Star Wars atmosphere.

I'm really excited about this prospect, the recent Marvel movies have been outstanding so I'm optimistic that a new Star Wars movie will be good.
    The recent Marvel movies weren't done by Disney, with the exception of The Avengers. Which I thought was hugely entertaining and I'm looking forward to the future Marvel/Disney films. If The Avengers is a blueprint for how Disney is going to handle films then I'm really excited for Star Wars!
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Just a little bit of fact checking here, but Mark Hamill became one of the greatest voice actors of current time. He has done the best Joker voices in Batman everything for like, forever now.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000434/
    Ok, Ill give you that. Should probably have worded it better. "His on screen acting career at the time died a death, however he did have a handful of small parts and in recent years has seen a big demand for his voice acting talents"
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    Ok, Ill give you that. Should probably have worded it better. "His on screen acting career at the time died a death, however he did have a handful of small parts and in recent years has seen a big demand for his voice acting talents"
    Yeah I don't think he'll reprise the role because he's getting old now and he's packing a little extra weight.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-10-31 at 02:06 PM.

Meh, it's a good merger. It's not like Disney can do a worse job than Lucas already did with the Prequel trilogy.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Yeah I don't think he'll reprise the role because he's getting old now and he's packing a little extra weight.
    Why can't he return as an aged Jedi Master training a new crop of Jedis?
    Last edited by rodroy323; 2012-10-31 at 02:11 PM.

Honestly, Ep 7 could be all CGI (think of the advancements since the amazingly realistic Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within came out in 2001) with the original cast doing the voices. Something akin to Clone Wars, only more realistic - it's right up Disney/Pixar's alley and would be amazing.

But I'd also be happy with exploring the next great Dynastic family. Just more space battles and lightsabers and force abilities. Yes. Please.