Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Does it count if your step mother empties her semi-automatic at you?, embedding the bullets in the door frame next to your head?
    WTH did you do to her to make her unload a gun on you aiming for your head? sleep with your step sister or sumthin?

Myself, 2 times.
    Thankfully a think from the distant past = )

15+ Year Old Account
    Other than an animal? No.

I did one time encounter a pissed off New Yorker who threatened me. Lol, good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I feel I have to answer yes. Me and a buddy got really trashed at some races one day, and little did I know he was on welbutrin. We were coming home and he decided to stop at the store for a soda.

Him and his wife started arguing out in the parking lot, and since he actually worked at the store where we stopped. I tried to break them up. Well he went walking towards home since we wouldn't let him drive. I should have just chilled there and called for a ride, but him being my friend I wanted to follow him to make sure he got home ok.

We got almost a block away and he decided to notice I was following him (we lived less than a block away from each other) and he proceeded to jump on top of me and basically beat the living piss out of me.

Fractured my skull in 2 places, and actually ruptured the sac that holds your spinal fluid. I didnt think it was that bad at the time and didn't go to the hospital for a week thinking I just had a concussion. Had a nice 3 day hospital stay thanks to that. guess I could have gotten Meningitis from it.

Moral of the story...Dont drink with pills that are supposed to help you quit smoking (also crazy pills)

If you count some dumbass teen speeding up his car and swerving a little towards you as you cross the street, yes. If not, then not really. My nut-job sister threatened me with a knife before, but it was a butter knife so I don't count it. Either way, I wasn't too phased by it then or now.

i got stabbed in the lower/left back in 1999 during a fight but it was a steak knife and while i still have nerve damage today, not really sure it was attempted murder. got shot at when i was 10 by drunks from the back of a pickup while i was walking my bike up a big hill on my way home, but think they thought it was funny to scare me, i hit the deck

i'd probably go with no attempted murder

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Not as such. The closest it's ever came to that was when my mother tried to push me off a balcony when I was about 6-7ish. It was only the second floor though so in retrospect I probably would have been fine. As for changing, I don't know for sure, but I'm pertty sure I can blame my acrophobia on that incident.

Your mother tried to push you off a balcony? I hope you were taken away from her.
    Meep~

10+ Year Old Account
    No one has tried to kill me, but someone has tried to carjack me. I was driving to me parent's house one night around 12 am and there was some guy in the street. I slowed down to talk to him because I honestly thought he was depressed and trying to commit suicide, but as I came beside him he opened my door and said it was "a carjacking". He was younger than I and overweight so there wasn't any real sense of danger; I actually laughed in his face. I told him he couldn't hurt me even if he wanted to. He didn't really like that so he started throwing punches while I was still sitting in my truck (and not even in park). This wasn't really a problem because he had no upper body strength and his hits just felt really light. It all happened pretty fast, but by the time I realized I was going to have to get out of my truck and subdue him, a fire engine (of all things) pulls up on my right side and he takes off. I'm going to go ahead and assume this kid was around 17 because out of the fire engine pops his dad who asks me if I'm alright. I told him I was fine and asked if I needed to stick around for some sort of police report, but there wasn't really anything to do about it so I just drove off. It really wasn't very scary because when a fat teenager with snot running down his nose tries to fight you, all you can really do is laugh about it

I have had 5 guns pulled on me so far, but none of them had the balls to follow through with it. Two of them were the only people I have ever tried to kill. Found out when I had them where I wanted them, without them even knowing I was there, that I didn't have it in me to kill them, so just walked away.

Yes. Lots of people, using many methods.

What's the point of this thread, if I may ask?

About 6 months ago, I was called by a good friend of mine. (Strictly friends, known each since I moved into my house about 6 years ago). So I answer and its her super crazy ex boyfriend (broke up 3 months ago. Well he all starts cussing and screaming at me about how his ex and I have been banging since they first got together (together a total of 8-9 months). Hes all going on and on and on until I hear her in the back ground yelling for me to call the cops. So I keep talking to the guy all while im calling 911 on another phone.

Well since this was going to take a while, I got out onto the porch to smoke. After a few mins the guy starts screaming about how hes going to find me and kill me. He comes storming out of the house, gets in his truck and drives off WITH the gun in one hand and telephone in the other.

Heres where it gets funny.

My friend comes running out of her house, across the street, and into my house. 4 Cop cars arrive and the ex is STILL screaming in the phone. So I tell him that Im on my way to her house and id see him there in a couple mins. He comes back, gets arrested and charged with a ton of shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Yes. Lots of people, using many methods.

What's the point of this thread, if I may ask?
    To upset you. Did it work?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ever drive in DFW? Some of these people are out for blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, never happened to me thankfully, and hopefully never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    To upset you. Did it work?
    Not really.

Nope, and hopefully never will.

I'm glad you all share such tragedies. I think one is to befall me soon, but I hope it all works out.

Thank you all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure I came close to dying a few times but none of it was intentional (that I know of)

Another guy during year 11 wanted to pick a fight with me??? I won the fight... but does that count?
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    An honest, but deep question. Have you ever encountered someone who visibly had the intention to murder you,be it a thug, or actual psychopath? And how have you changed from the ordeal since?
    Yes. My biological father tried to kill me on a few occasions. I was a victim of a few armed B&E's, and had a gun pointed at me one one of those. My mother was the one who came out poorly in them though.

I once had to draw a gun on a man who I felt was a threat to my life, too, if that counts.