Fire rotation with the change to invocation

So....the buff only starts to tick down from 40 sec once you get below 100% mana. I believe it will probably be the best talent for movement heavy fights, where you simply trade most of the fireballs spam into scorch spam (for the low mana cost) and only spam fireball whenever u have cds/proccs up an then evocate to refill to 100% , Im thinking of a rotation similiar to the old arcane one. Now this might be completely retarded and stupid, but any one else put some thought into this and think that it might gain more dps than spam fireball until buff is about to expire and hten stand there evocating for like 5 sec.

What' Im basicly asking is, do u think fireball + 5 secs evo every 40 sec will out dps fireball only when combution (with the glyph) or cds are up and then play mana efficient to be between 95-100% so that u don't need to waste the time evocating... or maybe Im just overthinking it and it might even be better to just spam fireball to like 80% and the nget 1 tick from the evocation adn ur up at 100% again.

I guess for fights wiht near to almost no movement rune will still be prefed? My mage is not my main so I haven't done that much reading on it, so I apologize in advance if this is a retarded thread >.<
    Last edited by nowish; 2012-10-31 at 08:15 AM.

Afaik they reverted on the invo change. There's some tweet somewhere that I cba to find, pyro 3 sec CD also seems to be not happening.

Hm I liked the invocation change. I didn't like the pyro change. Let's see how this plays out

oh they didn't go through with it? well then this thread is pertty much useless >.<

Jason Matthew ‏@JMattheww
    @Ghostcrawler Hi Greg, I was wondering what your thoughts are about the 3sec CD on Pyro are? Do you wish that there was a better solution?

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @JMattheww I think I mentioned this the other day, but we've soured on that change and are likely not to make it.

Fuck yea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereen View Post
    Jason Matthew ‏@JMattheww
    @Ghostcrawler Hi Greg, I was wondering what your thoughts are about the 3sec CD on Pyro are? Do you wish that there was a better solution?

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @JMattheww I think I mentioned this the other day, but we've soured on that change and are likely not to make it.

Fuck yea!
    Which is PR speak for 'the complaints forced us to reconsider it' in the manner of the Battle.net real name thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is PR speak for 'the complaints forced us to reconsider it' in the manner of the Battle.net real name thing.
    The complaints were truly right this time Really happy here if they scratch that nerf and look at fire's burst in another, not so intrusive way.

Are you seriously complaining about the fact that they responded to your complaints now?
    I thought that was what everyone wanted :P

Well a bit anxious to see what they come up with next. They just seem very much at a loss with mages...

Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Well a bit anxious to see what they come up with next. They just seem very much at a loss with mages...
    You dont say? But really I cant say I would have done a better job at designing mages for MoP, Sure its easy to judge now.. But outside of the level 90 talents its pretty decent on what they did for mages, and before you go off abt arcane, its the level 90 talents that screw arcane over..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Are you seriously complaining about the fact that they responded to your complaints now?
    I thought that was what everyone wanted :P
    Nah, I just find PR spin amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Nah, I just find PR spin amusing.
    Shh. Maybe they'll forget now how boring and unimaginative fire is now.

Deleted
    A better PR spun statement would have been: "We listened to our player audience and reconsidered".

No need for conspiracy theories on this one. Whether they came to the same conclusions as most mages, or if they figured it out on their own isn't really important. What's important is that they come up with something better than a 3s cooldown.