15+ Year Old Account

Anyone know of an updated Warrior leveling guide?

Hey,

So I'm coming back to Rift for the expansion, but I'd like to level a Warrior to 50 before it hits (as I seem to like Warriors, in all games, for the minute).

When leveling my Cleric back in the beginning of the year, I found a guide that gave you macro's and what build to aim for every 5 levels. I found this fun to follow, as it gave me an extra incentive to get to the next 5th level while leveling. I've found some similar guides for Warriors (mainly every 10 levels, but that's the same for me), but since the changes to the soul trees in whatever patch they changed, all these guides are out of date and are no longer "usable".

So my question is, does any one know of an updated guide to leveling a warrior since the soul tree changes? I'd prefer to level as melee DPS without a pet, but honestly I'll take anything that works/is updated to the latest souls.

I've tried searching the official forums, but have only found end game builds updated to the latest souls trees.

So yeah, if anyone could help me out here, I'd be eternally grateful!

d3v

I have found a few interesting warrior threads (no compendiums for warrior, sorry). I've put them in a single blog for reference.

http://heraldingtheascended.wordpres...-1-11-changes/

I've put in there links for clerics, rogues and mages, and Riftblade, Spellblade and Warlord links.

The Official Forums are down atm so you may be able to check out the links once they're back up.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

With the many added pre-builds and the way they have adjusted most abilities to be less macro friendly you really shouldn't need a guide. With IA you can pick any spec you want, useful or not and just run around so you don't get removed from group for being afk to level really fast. Not saying you should do that, always try to contribute as much as you can, but you could follow a prebuilt spec for a tank and level fast with IA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks for the reactions guys. Silly question, but if you've deviated of the prebuilt spec you chose when making the character, is there a way to reset your souls and get back to the prebuilt spec (which also shows you what talents you should be putting your points into). If not I'm only like level 7 so I could just remake my character, but I'm guessing there must be a way to get back to the prebuilt specs?
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-31 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Ok, thanks for the reactions guys. Silly question, but if you're deviated of the prebuilt spec you chose when making the character, is there a way to reset your souls and get back to the prebuilt spec (which also shows you what talents you should be putting your points into). If not I'm only like level 7 so I could just remake my character, but I'm guessing there must be a way to get back to the prebuilt specs?
    Yes, just visit a vendor and choose to re-spec, alternatively, if you chose a point outside of what the pre-build recommends, it will invalidate the prebuilt spec.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Yes, just visit a vendor and choose to re-spec, alternatively, if you chose a point outside of what the pre-build recommends, it will invalidate the prebuilt spec.
    Yeah I chose a different soul (as I was planning to follow a guide) and it told me I'm not following the prebuilt spec any more and if I wanted to do this. But if I understand you correctly, I can just go to a trainer and reset my souls and then chose to follow one of the prebuilt specs again (like, it will appear in my soul tree thing that there are certain pre built specs and if i click it, it will chose the souls for me etc?)?

edit: Sorry for asking for clarification, I would log in and just check and try find out for myself but I came home ill this afternoon and right now really don't feel like crawling behind the PC (laptop in bed ftw).
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-31 at 06:50 PM.

Yeah I chose a different soul (as I was planning to follow a guide) and it told me I'm not following the prebuilt spec any more and if I wanted to do this. But if I understand you correctly, I can just go to a trainer and reset my souls and then chose to follow one of the prebuilt specs again (like, it will appear in my soul tree thing that there are certain pre built specs and if i click it, it will chose the souls for me etc?)?

edit: Sorry for asking for clarification, I would log in and just check and try find out for myself but I came home ill this afternoon and right now really don't feel like crawling behind the PC (laptop in bed ftw).
    Don't worry, but yes, there is a wierd icon next to the "points spent section" that looks like a chart. you click on that, it will allow you to see all the prebuilt soul options again and to chose one, should that be what you wish, clicking on that same icon will hide all the prebuilt souls.

But if I understand you correctly, I can just go to a trainer and reset my souls and then chose to follow one of the prebuilt specs again (like, it will appear in my soul tree thing that there are certain pre built specs and if i click it, it will chose the souls for me etc?)?
    That's exactly how it works d3v, just like it would in WoW. Throw your points where you like. If they differ from the suggested build, you'll no longer get recommendations. If you want to go back to the suggested build, visit a class trainer, reset your souls (it's extremely cheap), and pick one of the pre-built specs again.

There are also little buttons you can press inside the talent trees that will auto-fill points for you, so you needn't worry about misplacing things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic, thank you both. While following a guide would have been my preference, I'm sure following one of the prebuilt specs will do just fine.

Now to get better so I can actually play some Rift! Might drug myself up with painkillers and stuff just so I can game a bit ^^.

Again, thank you guys.