10 Imperial Vizier Zor'lok

Some good attempts in on the first night and at first glance it would seem that this boss isn't quite polished as some of the mechanics are bugged.
    Our logs can be found HERE.

Bugs/Issues: (Note this could actually be "as intended" for some but they deviate from the Dungeon Journal so I do wonder)

-The Noise Cancelling bubbles would sometimes spawn within the Pheromones of Zeal and not on the platform
    -He does not transition to a new platform every 20% HP. At times we would push him to ~72-73% on the first platform before the boss would change sides. This did not seem to be associated with casting a boss spell/mechanic that would keep him on the platform although I can't be 100% certain of this (Note: This may actually be useful).
    -Two people are Mind Controlled, not one. This is probably not a bug as discussed in a related thread HERE.

Tactics and what have you:
    -The Sonic rings caught most people off guard for awhile until we realized that the rings sometimes split/divide at ~20yards from the boss so it was best to keep people moving left/right at a ~10-15 yard distance. This mechanics was probably our biggest issue. Easily fixed with some more practice.
    -Force and Verve: We chose to use Devotion Aura / Divine Hymn on the first, then Devotion Aura / Tranquility on the second (Devotion Aura isn't worth squat...only good for magical as pointed out bellow....feeling the derp). In addition, our resto druid popped Incarnation on the first and I used Power Infusion on the second (not a fan of Divine Insight/ToF here). If we did get a third Force and Verve (FV) cast someone would die. With a bit of work we should be able to use one raid cooldown per FV, thereby preparing for such events.

HELP:
    In the last phase the boss will cast, Attenuation, FV, Attenuation, Mind Control, FV, Attenuation.....Its the MCs just before the Force and Verve which seems nasty, although MC'ed individuals do not take damage from Force and Verve. Anyone have some good sneaky tactics to deal with this last phase? When do you use Heroism/Bloodlust?

Cheers
    Last edited by Whiskeydave; 2012-10-31 at 03:38 PM.

Yeah, the fight is pretty buggy. We also experienced bubbles in the gas and seemingly random transition times.

The first phase is a total joke after a few pulls, healers can basically save up to 80%+ mana. For the discs stand close enough to the boss so that they aren't splitting on you and you can just run in a circle without getting touched.

The last phase gave us some troubles. We ended up using Tranq + Monk Thingy > Hymn + Rallying Cry > PI + Tree + Healthstones. The Mind Controls just before the 3rd bubbles were really painful. They need to be broken super fast.

The entire raid save our bear tank was actually dead when the boss hit 2 million HP. Our bear then proceeded to solo the remaining 2 million HP, was pretty damn epic.

Hope no one is asking for a nerf. This encounter is fine. It's fun and challenging.

We used hero around 25% or so, to help with the executes and help with healers mana. Used it around FV to help with burst healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Hope no one is asking for a nerf. This encounter is fine. It's fun and challenging..
    Nobody said "nerf."

We also had a few spawns of Noise Cancelling bubbles in the Pheromones. It was a bug that was also present on Beta. What I noticed was that this seemed to happen when players were closer to the stairs during bubble spawn times. This may be a coincidence or it may related to bubbles spawning x yards from player location.

Either way, told people not to stand near stairs and it didn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeydave View Post
    Force and Verve: We chose to use Divine Aura / Divine Hymn on the first, then Divine Aura / Tranquility on the second
    I assume you mean Devotion Aura. Devotion aura is useless on this fight because it only reduces magic damage, and all the bosses abilities are physical damage. BoP prevents damage from Force/Verve, but Devo Aura does nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    The boss is complete joke, and any bug isn't even noticeable

We experience the same problem with the bubbles spawning in the middle of the room. What we found is that they spawn on a player or pet location. We had a few spawn on our locks wild imps that were still in the middle of the room. Of course this ended that attempt right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    I assume you mean Devotion Aura. Devotion aura is useless on this fight because it only reduces magic damage, and all the bosses abilities are physical damage. BoP prevents damage from Force/Verve, but Devo Aura does nothing.
    Correct on typo. Doh! For some reason I thought D.A. was just a flat 20%. Nevermind that then.
    /feel silly

10+ Year Old Account
    My druid healer flaked out on my last night so we had to two heal MSV (Will) as one of our melee couldn't avoid getting hit by the devastating and so he kept dying.

So we went to HoF with two healers(Resto Shaman, Disc Priest) with the We got ~6 attempts in before our raid time was up and in that time only got the Attenuation and Force and Verve Platforms.

Attenuation was easy enough after the first time seeing it. However the damage going out during Force and Verve was to much for us (at least in the those attempts).

Not being able to us Spirit link and Barrier on the whole raid since we have to split to different bubbles, sucks. Leaving the only truly reliable healer CD being Healing Tide Totem.

Group make up;

Prot Pally
    Resto Shaman
    Disc Priest
    Frost/Unholy DK
    Rogue
    Spriest
    Fire Mage
    Survival Hunter

Hopefully my druid shows up on Thursday and then this really won't be an issue, but in case he doesn't is, is there anything we can do to make Force and verve go a little smoother?

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Leaving the only truly reliable healer CD being Healing Tide Totem....[]...is there anything we can do to make Force and verve go a little smoother?
    You have a Disc priest, so Archangel/Spirit Shell is very nice. Lots of Discs killing it on WoL website.

Blood DKs are actually insane for this fight as all the damage going out is physical. Everyone should be staggering personal CDs / healthstones for the Force and Verves. One thing we did was intentionally wipe until we got Attenuation platform first, because sometimes, the boss would transition at around 75% instead of 80%, so this way we only get 2 Force and Verves on the 2nd platform.

No one should be taking any damage from Attenuation. The rings are really easy to dodge, and it's just 100% avoidable damage. Other than that, it takes some good RNG on the last phase to make sure you don't get 2 healers MC'd followed by a Force and Verve.