Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. WW is a million times more fun that cat for me. Mistweaver the same regarding resto and slightly more fun than holy priest. Brewmaster is definitely my favorite tank, and I would play one if I could have three specs, but it's a pita to do dailies without a dps spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the blue watercooler chat on the front page:

Monks – We know some players are concerned about Windwalker viability in Arenas. The Monk class has a high skill cap and they come with a learning curve. The Windwalker PvP bonuses are quite powerful and players aren’t really taking advantage of them yet. We absolutely want the newest class to be popular, but we’re also trying to be conservative and not recreate the situation where the Death Knight dominated PvP and PvE when it first launched. We do want to give the Monk a few more weeks and see where it stands, but we are keeping a close eye on how things develop.

As someone else said, the class has a high skill cap...at the very least I know mistweaver does and I'm pretty sure brewmaster does as well. Yes when I do dailies and the like as a windwalker it feels kind of faceroll to me, but honestly, every dps class ever feels pretty faceroll. That's why I don't play most dps classes.

I like tanking on one.

Healing is so overpowered at low levels (can literally channel whatever mists forever for no mana and no one dies) that I can't stand it.

DPSing is for some reason unbearable.

...but I like tanking on it. No idea why that's the case, as I generally only like tanking as an instant queue/pace setter/group leading role, and not for actual gameplay.

But I'm not 90 on it yet. Or even close. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Blizz they have a high skillcap in PvP as far as playing WW goes. Their throughput is amazing in raids, so I've heard (and played, in LFR anyway) and I'm working at trying to perfect arena play (I'm no PvP pro by any stretch of the mind, mind you).

I personally love the class, and the versatility of healing is a big draw for me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lvling one as a healer is kind of a drag until you get some more abilities. Channeling one spell to heal is kinda boring. The dps was kinda boring to. For what it's worth I only got to lvl 30 though, just nothing interested me about the class.

Currently playing a Monk as tank and DPS. As Tank it's significantly more interactive than DK at least. I find it fun, but it also leaves a lower margin for error. As DPS I find it to be pretty much a no-brainer. It makes me feel like a less fun version of a rogue as DPS, to be honest.

I don't teally get the WW but i think BrM and MW are extremley fun.
    Thought WW would get the feeling that my enh shammy did back in wotlk and cata but sadly, no.

I'm leveling as WW right now and am not really engaged I guess. I'm not really looking forward to the next ability or anything like that and that hasn't happened with any other class for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Blizz specifically said they were being cautious with Monk's because of how broken DK's were at launch unintentionally (at least so they claim). So if you are upset they didn't launch as broken FotM not sure what to tell you. That being said while WW needs work BrM and MW are destroying raids right now.

MW: Look at WoL and you'll see the top 100 HPS flooded with these guys. They are excellent raid healers and our MW is always top HPS every fight by a large margin. They also have a external tank CD which makes me like them more than druids in that regards.

BrM: Speaking from personal experience and logs they are destroying as raid tanks. On my server the top 5-6 heroic progressed guilds all have a BrM on their teams. I'm always very high in DPS (almost 60k in some fights) and take less damage than our warrior. We have a lot of nice gimmicks that come in to play that you aren't probably aware of (Like Touch of Death'ing adds on Gara/Elegon). People griping they are "rogues without stealth" is silly cause BrM's are tanks with mage blink which is by far the most awesome thing ever and I use it practically on CD on almost every boss fight.

It's cool if you don't like the class but don't hate them for false claims that they are under powered or weak.
    60k dps as a BrM is pretty bad, and why exactly are you rolling around all the time as a tank?

that said I do agree that my BrM does very well in raids and I haven't really had a tank manage to take less damage than me yet. The only minor worry is my health pool is a tad bit lower so magic damage can be shitty, but on things like Elegon I just take Diffuse Magic and negate a lot of the explosions etc anyway

I've not played one since I don't have MoP, and my empirical experience of their abilities is quite limited. Having said that, I was never excited about the prospect of the monk class, or the Pandaren, because I'm not interested in the oriental themes associated with either - at least not within a game that I always thought of as being strictly steam punk/high fantasy. To have it be brought suddenly front and center has been jarring, and even a little irritating.

I get that people really wanted these two elements added to the game, but I loathe what I perceive as the immersion skewing presence of either.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    They're the easiest class to play by far so that makes them uninteresting to the majority of players, yes.
    Windwalker Monk at 90 takes up most of an action bar just to do decent DPS. It's not "easiest." Frost DK is far, far easier than WW Monk.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I'm only 21 and the Fists of Fury and Flying Serpent Kick are the best things ever :P

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm not too fond of the class either.

WW feels like playing some kind of weird rogue, and BM is way too complicated for what it is. I didn't try healing though, but since I'm not too fond of the quirky street fighter animations, I think I'll stick to my other toons for the moment.

Yeah im not interested in Monks at all, i lvled one to 28 the day after the xpac came out, then deleted the toon and ive never played a monk again and im not planning to play one any time soon. We dont need more classes in the game, we need more race variety in the game or a model update but not more classes i think 10 was more than enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost sure i'll never make a monk/pandaren alt.
    Monks don't look interesting at all.
    I see pandarens every day now, so it's a relief to see my character among all of them.

Deleted
    too much stationary caster attacks as a meele class for my taste

Blizzard tried to make WW a less OP "new spec" than DKs were and they have been wildly successful at making them UP instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem with windwalker is that it's not as ridiculously over powered as death knight was when it came out. Therefore, people unfamiliar with how to play the class are doing terrible DPS instead of doing regular DPS as an over powered character.

Well, MW can be stupidly OP heals, and BM is a solid tanking spec. It's actually a good thing that WW DPS is kind of crappy for most people, because who needs more DPS anyway, especially melee DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Well, MW can be stupidly OP heals, and BM is a solid tanking spec. It's actually a good thing that WW DPS is kind of crappy for most people, because who needs more DPS anyway, especially melee DPS.
    Thank you. see this guy gets it. i believe that WW has been left purposefully semi gimped for a reason. sure its not THAT bad on the tables, but for me and the large majority i know, Windwalker spec is kinda meh. especially when compared side by side with BM or MW.

Players that are disenchanted with the Windwalker DPS spec, and normally wouldnt pick up tanking and healing (roles the game needs more of) are taking the far more interesting roles of Brewmaster and Mistweaver instead.

I think given enough time, Blizzard might adjust or tweak the monk DPS spec though...especially for PvP