Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    As an European (and an outsider so I don't know if I'm right) it's very clear from the very first start who is going to win and who needs to win.
    I mean, if you still want to discuss abortion and stuff like that, aren't you taking 2 steps back instead of 1 step forward?

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    you mean that you bought a sign, went to the trouble of putting it up, and you werent already decided? not that theft or vandalism can be condoned, but the premise of your stance here is ludicrous
    I think he means his wife bought the sign and now do to the sign being stolen he now agrees with her.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    How is it breaking the law? No harm is being done.
    trespassing. you dont have any business on somebody elses property

10+ Year Old Account
    Once when I was in college, a couple buddies and I drove around the town my college was in and collected all the political signs and put them on one lawn. It was funny at the time ... looking back it's still pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    trespassing. you dont have any business on somebody elses property
    Oftentimes people put them in places that aren't actually their property.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Oftentimes people put them in places that aren't actually their property.
    Then they are breaking the law. You cant put your own signs on public property, let alone somebody elses property

Then they are breaking the law. You cant put your own signs on public property, let alone somebody elses property
    Yeah, but nobody gives a shit. Also, they are often placed along sidewalks where anybody can grab them.

Yeah, but nobody gives a shit. Also, they are often placed along sidewalks where anybody can grab them.
    cant you just report it and get them taken away? if it bothers people so much, somebody will eventually give a shit

I take down all opposing signs that I find on public property (alongside the road, in center medians or at intersections). I feel just as obligated to express my political point of view as does the person that put them there in the first place.

If its on public property, its fair game...imo.

{{shrug}}

cant you just report it and get them taken away? if it bothers people so much, somebody will eventually give a shit
    Nothing would happen if you reported it because the people would be all "ITS THEIR RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES!"

I don't really care and don't mess with the signs, but I don't really care if people do, either. The signs are fucking pointless anyway.

Nothing would happen if you reported it because the people would be all "ITS THEIR RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES!"

I don't really care and don't mess with the signs, but I don't really care if people do, either. The signs are fucking pointless anyway.
    Mh. Okay. Must be something I dont really understand coz I am not American. I agree that they are pointless. I know that no sign could change my mind over who I am going to vote...

It is illegal to leave those yard signs up after the election, so just wait until after the election and steal/destroy as many as you want.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    As an European (and an outsider so I don't know if I'm right) it's very clear from the very first start who is going to win and who needs to win.
    I mean, if you still want to discuss abortion and stuff like that, aren't you taking 2 steps back instead of 1 step forward?
    Yes, but most Americans are morons who still live in the Dark Ages (read--Mitt Romney).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Stealing a political yard sign is not the best way to convey your opposition to a topic/candidate. To anyone that does, you just ensured that that person will vote, will vote against your position, and will probably talk to their friends/family/aquaintances.
    Because no-one but supporters of the guy you oppose steal signs, we all know that don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohleemar View Post
    It is illegal to leave those yard signs up after the election, so just wait until after the election and steal/destroy as many as you want.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 06:44 PM ----------

Yes, but most Americans are morons who still live in the Dark Ages (read--Mitt Romney).
    Many places have limits on the yard signs, but if you took it to court the limit would likely be struck down, as they interfere with first amendment.

Also, thanks for calling most Americans morons. I'm sure you're highly educated on how moronic Americans are, with all the studies you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Assuming you're in any medium to large city, that house is probably part of a homeowner's association and those usually don't allow you to go overboard with signage. You could probably get 'em to get rid of a few of them! Not that it matters much, election's so soon.
    Homeowners association? Where they do that at? It's more likely a fireman cop or councilman, all of which will benefit in someway.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherkeith View Post
    I take down all opposing signs that I find on public property (alongside the road, in center medians or at intersections). I feel just as obligated to express my political point of view as does the person that put them there in the first place.

If its on public property, its fair game...imo.

{{shrug}}

You have to be careful though because you don't know if the person/entity that owns the strip of land allowed them to be placed or not. You can get in A LOT of trouble for removing them without permission. Generally the local gov'ts advise you to contact them to remove the signs as they'll verify whether it's a legally or illegally placed sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    pokemon stadium, digletts scare the fuck out of me

Vandalism is wrong and offenders should be punished.
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2012-10-31 at 11:29 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a sign up for a local board or counsel, go ahead and put it up.

But putting a Mitt sign up in a town that consists of 90% republicans... is promoting lemming-ism.

I won't put an Obama sign up, too many burnt cross marks on lawn as it is.

Deleted
    Why would you put signs in your yard in the first place? O.o

You can't steal signs. I think in the US it's an actual crime not a Felony. But still a crime to tamper or destroy or capture signs.