Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I think, the general problem is not the lack of knowledge of your own class, but on the others. For example, I just saw a game where you stand in Solar Beam for 10+ seconds. No roots, no nothing.

Solar beam, is a ability your boomkin friend have, which silences you if you stand within in. Another game I saw you Chaosbolt into a AMS, which had been up for 3+ seconds.

You have to get some more knowledge of classes, and how they work. Apart from other feedback, which is CCing, and and using cooldowns with a more than 1 ember.
    You seem to get that you have to knock people out of stealth and that it can stun.

You have to stop clicking your abilities. You have to stop using all your healing/defensives at once, and use them when needed. If you can see, yoru going to take big dmg, use your 50% dmg reduction. its also very great for being able to cast freely, without getting counterspelled.

Dark Bargain is great to negate big dmg too.

I would advice your boomkin going resto if you need to practice. It might take you longer, and might get you more losses, but you need some key elements of play before you can progress. Longer fights generates better results, in my opnion.

Also, you tunnelvision alot. You start running to the pillar, and don't even realise that the SP is heading for you and dotting you.

I know the portal is important, but if they charge you, you just have to put it at your ramp. Also if the team aren't engaging you, put your long distance portal up.

You obviously lack some knowledge of your class, and using focus macros etc will net you better results.

But bottom line is, that you know how you can use fears, defensive cooldowns and silences, so its not because you don't know your class.
    Its because you know nothing about your surroundings, and how to engage their weakness and strengths.
    This is correct. You just need more basic knowledge of class mechanics. I'll go over your games quickly and point out mistakes. Lines in green will be good things you did, lines in yellow will be small mistakes or questionable decisions, lines in red will be a big mistake and something that shouldn't be repeated.

Game 1
    0:40 - The druid comes out of Stealth and you use Howl. There's no reason to waste Howl here as he just gets dispelled and you want to Howl multiple people generally. You could have used just a regular Fear or even Axe Toss.
    0:50 - You use (and click) Dark Regeneration, Unending Resolve and Sacrificial Pact at once. That's a terrible idea and you didn't even need to pop a defensive cooldown there. Bind them all separately and use them separately. Always avoid stacking defensive cooldowns - use a big one to counter big offensive cooldowns from your opponent, and small ones when you fall behind otherwise.
    1:15 - You use Dark Soul and all your cooldowns when you haven't build up enough fury so you fell out of Meta half way through your Dark Soul.
    3:05 - You pool up Demonic Fury for your next set of cooldowns and you get a kill with pretty good play. Some CC on the healer would be nice here. In general remember to use your pet's Bladestorm when you use your cooldowns and also Axe Toss. You used neither all game.

Game 2
    0:20 - Good Howl of Terror. Notice how one uses Ice Block to break the fear while the other mage trinkets. You go after the mage who Ice Blocked it (probably not knowingly though), but that was the correct decision. You need to notice things like this.
    0:35 - You click and use every one of your defensive cooldowns like you did in the first game. This leaves you with no defensive cooldowns next time you're in trouble.
    0:45 - Your pet dies here and you're unaware of it, for the rest of the game. When your pet dies as Demo you get the instant summon buff for 30 seconds and a debuff saying Demonic rebirth is on CD. Be aware of your pets health.
    Stopped watching after you killed the first mage.

Game 3
    0:25 - Good Fear and Howl in the beginning. You get trinkets, but you should be using Axe Toss to buy your priest more time. Also, you're killing the rogue - so it's better to CC the person you aren't killing instead of Fearing the rogue. This is a perfect example of why you should use focus macros. You set the pally to your focus, and can easily CC him while killing the rogue.
    0:35 - You get blinded but are pretty unaware of it, I see you just keep trying to spam Hellfire (which isn't that useful here anyway). Be aware that you're CCd. Trinket the blind.
    0:45 - Your priest dies and THEN you pop your CDs. Against two DPS zerg teams like this you just gotta pop Imps and your CDs sooner. Use Hand of Gul'dan in caster form to build quick fury, and then just spam Touch of Chaos in Meta which costs less fury and still does good damage.
    In general too, you want a minimum of 3 targets to Hellfire. Hellfiring 1 or 2 targets isn't good, just spam Fel flame for more fury/better DPS.

Don't have time to completely go over everything in Games 4 and 5. Here's a summary.

Game 4: That yellow beam is Solar Beam. It silences you - don't stand in it. You blow two completely DRd Fears into the rogue and he immunes them.
    Game 5: You didn't trinket the Warrior fear for some reason so you were CCd for 8 seconds and got feared way far away. I would have taken your gateway to get closer to the priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    This is correct. You just need more basic knowledge of class mechanics. I'll go over your games quickly and point out mistakes. Lines in green will be good things you did, lines in yellow will be small mistakes or questionable decisions, lines in red will be a big mistake and something that shouldn't be repeated.

Game 1
    0:40 - The druid comes out of Stealth and you use Howl. There's no reason to waste Howl here as he just gets dispelled and you want to Howl multiple people generally. You could have used just a regular Fear or even Axe Toss.
    0:50 - You use (and click) Dark Regeneration, Unending Resolve and Sacrificial Pact at once. That's a terrible idea and you didn't even need to pop a defensive cooldown there. Bind them all separately and use them separately. Always avoid stacking defensive cooldowns - use a big one to counter big offensive cooldowns from your opponent, and small ones when you fall behind otherwise.
    1:15 - You use Dark Soul and all your cooldowns when you haven't build up enough fury so you fell out of Meta half way through your Dark Soul.
    3:05 - You pool up Demonic Fury for your next set of cooldowns and you get a kill with pretty good play. Some CC on the healer would be nice here. In general remember to use your pet's Bladestorm when you use your cooldowns and also Axe Toss. You used neither all game.

Game 2
    0:20 - Good Howl of Terror. Notice how one uses Ice Block to break the fear while the other mage trinkets. You go after the mage who Ice Blocked it (probably not knowingly though), but that was the correct decision. You need to notice things like this.
    0:35 - You click and use every one of your defensive cooldowns like you did in the first game. This leaves you with no defensive cooldowns next time you're in trouble.
    0:45 - Your pet dies here and you're unaware of it, for the rest of the game. When your pet dies as Demo you get the instant summon buff for 30 seconds and a debuff saying Demonic rebirth is on CD. Be aware of your pets health.
    Stopped watching after you killed the first mage.

Game 3
    0:25 - Good Fear and Howl in the beginning. You get trinkets, but you should be using Axe Toss to buy your priest more time. Also, you're killing the rogue - so it's better to CC the person you aren't killing instead of Fearing the rogue. This is a perfect example of why you should use focus macros. You set the pally to your focus, and can easily CC him while killing the rogue.
    0:35 - You get blinded but are pretty unaware of it, I see you just keep trying to spam Hellfire (which isn't that useful here anyway). Be aware that you're CCd. Trinket the blind.
    0:45 - Your priest dies and THEN you pop your CDs. Against two DPS zerg teams like this you just gotta pop Imps and your CDs sooner. Use Hand of Gul'dan in caster form to build quick fury, and then just spam Touch of Chaos in Meta which costs less fury and still does good damage.
    In general too, you want a minimum of 3 targets to Hellfire. Hellfiring 1 or 2 targets isn't good, just spam Fel flame for more fury/better DPS.

Don't have time to completely go over everything in Games 4 and 5. Here's a summary.

Game 4: That yellow beam is Solar Beam. It silences you - don't stand in it. You blow two completely DRd Fears into the rogue and he immunes them.
    Game 5: You didn't trinket the Warrior fear for some reason so you were CCd for 8 seconds and got feared way far away. I would have taken your gateway to get closer to the priest.
    thanks for the detailed reply i will be taking loads of notes from this thread and will upload more games on wednesday when the cap resets!

Also guys, as i am only around 1350 rated is it worth making a new team to have 1500 rating? or is that not how arena works anymore? I wanted to be working upward not trying to work toward a neutral level!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    thanks for the detailed reply i will be taking loads of notes from this thread and will upload more games on wednesday when the cap resets!

Also guys, as i am only around 1350 rated is it worth making a new team to have 1500 rating? or is that not how arena works anymore? I wanted to be working upward not trying to work toward a neutral level!
    It doesn't work like that anymore, just keep at it