Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The fact is there are a lot of grotesque faces there, it just seems more frequent when looking in the middle since you don't concentrate on one side and therefore notice the grotesque faces on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    The fact is there are a lot of grotesque faces there, it just seems more frequent when looking in the middle since you don't concentrate on one side and therefore notice the grotesque faces on both sides.
    That isn't what's going on at all. The faces are distorted when you stare at the crosshair. They're all pretty normal looking if you stare at one side, but they become monsters if you stare at the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    That isn't what's going on at all. The faces are distorted when you stare at the crosshair. They're all pretty normal looking if you stare at one side, but they become monsters if you stare at the middle.
    I find many of them quite abnormal looking even when looking at one side only or even pausing for each face, and they look exactly the same when looking at the crosshair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find many of them quite abnormal looking even when looking at one side only or even pausing for each face, and they look exactly the same when looking at the crosshair.
    Then you're too far from your monitor or something.

What is this sorcery.

This is what I see when I focus on the cross. I don't like it =[

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's how we all look in REALITY before our brains FIX it.

Have they done the experiment with geometric objects?

I don't get it. Even when I pause, the people are different on the two sides, or at least look different to me. ANd when they are just flashing, all I see is flashing faces, but can't see if they are pretty/ugly.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I don't get it. Even when I pause, the people are different on the two sides, or at least look different to me. ANd when they are just flashing, all I see is flashing faces, but can't see if they are pretty/ugly.
    Look at the cross! Only at the cross.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    God damn I knew it! Women are Aliens!!!!! No wonder we never understand them! /tinfoilhat

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that was kind of horrifying...

Here I was, thinking it was a load of bull, and didn't get what I was supposed to see. Then I read the point behind the video, and suddenly weird faces all over.

What have you done!

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Look at the cross! Only at the cross.
    ok, got it

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim?

I was thinking Oblivion.

But that is weird as fuck.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 12:22 PM ----------

Watch the faces.

Then watch the movie again watching the crosshair.
    Putin khuliyo

if the illusion doesn't work does that mean I'm better than everyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I've tried everything... Not working. What exactly is supposed to happen?
    Well, for the rest of us, when we just look at the cross, the moment the faces start flashing, they all look like monsters. But, you can't actually look at the faces. You're supposed to see them distorted in your peripheral vision. To me, some of them look like they've got eyes taking up half of their faces, some like they have nose at all, some like they have 1 eye and some just look like twisted monsters. The key is not to move your focus from the cross. The moment you do, the whole thing becomes pointless and you can't notice anything. If that still doesn't work for you, i'd guess your brain just doesn't work the same concerning facial recognition as the rest of ours' do.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    if the illusion doesn't work does that mean I'm better than everyone else?
    No, it actually probably means you either have a problem with peripheral vision or facial recognition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I dont get it. It just flashed a bunch of faces of different people.. I thought it would show the original ones again in the end and they would look ugly but nothing. And yes, I focused on the crosshair.
    This at first. And then I understood it...
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    If you guys managed to watch the whole video, i tip my hat to you, i start laughing and crying in the same time after the first 3 faces