Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love the dailies. You don't have to do them everyday, so I haven't, and I haven't gotten burned out. I just hit exalted with the Golden Lotus yesterday and got me a crane mount ^_^.

MoP is the best this game has been since launch imho. I am having so much fun with everything.

Deleted
    I love it! The raids are actually fun and some what challenging! Sooo much better then Cataclysm already. The end game content in Cata was just painful and I hated the entire expansion. MoP made me try out new specs like resto druid, Monk healing, warlock which I have never bothered playing before. Dailies are cool because it gives you so much when you have finished all of them. It's going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the way i get through any daily grind is i say to myself "atleast theres no damn jousting "
    /hugs agree totally

Deleted
    I've really enjoyed it so far. I liked the levelling, the new bgs, the dungeons are okay (not difficult but not a drag at least like the troll dungeons in cata.) I've not had an opportunity to sample the raids much yet but they look pretty at least, and I like how blizz has gated their release. My only complaint are dailies, they are a pathetic feature that mmos have used for years to drag out progress. They are not fun, they require no skill (maybe saintly patience?) and by their nature are repetitive and totally uncreative. I know you don't *have* to do them for ever for pve progression but there are much better ways of encouraging immersion with factions than putting players on a terrible, boring grind. Other than that though I've enjoyed mop a lot, I'm just ignoring the dailies now, which is a bummer because I'm VP capped with noway of spending it but I refuse to engage in such tedious content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying it big time. Dailies are a bummer sometimes but nothing I'm not used to.

Every day I start with Tillers and ending up with Klaxxi. Still got only Order of the Jade Snake (I know it's serpent, I am calling them damn snakes, and I'll keep it that way) at exalted along with Tillers and aiming for some Best Friendships.

As for other stuff, daily quests, arenas and raiding is keeping me from devoting a bit of my time to pet battles, which I can't wait to to do. Hopefully I'll get me some time.

All in all, MoP feels great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Exactly. To all the whiners wailing about Dailies, Thorium Brotherhood called from Vanilla to call you soft.
    So what? Just because something was worse a decade ago doesn't mean it gets a free ticket for all of eternity.

Anyways I enjoy the bulk of MoP. I find getting into PvP more interesting, and I enjoy the raids, even just on Normal with HoF much more so than I did in Cataclysm by a large margin.
    Honestly, I'm enjoying the raid content more than Ulduar right now.

Deleted
    Absolutely enjoying it, and first I almost did not play it....yeah, because of other games. But compared to those, this game is really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    So what? Just because something was worse a decade ago doesn't mean it gets a free ticket for all of eternity.

Anyways I enjoy the bulk of MoP. I find getting into PvP more interesting, and I enjoy the raids, even just on Normal with HoF much more so than I did in Cataclysm by a large margin.
    Honestly, I'm enjoying the raid content more than Ulduar right now.

2005 was a decade ago? O.o nope, still 2012 here. 3 more years and then, yes, 10 years.

Deleted
    Enjoying MoP and actually having fun doing dailies, doesn't feel like a grind at all really, but that might be because my server is not that full and I can get them done quickly

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    2005 was a decade ago? O.o nope, still 2012 here. 3 more years and then, yes, 10 years.
    For some reason I was remembering the announcement date versus release.

The point still stands as "the better part of a decade".

10+ Year Old Account
    Topic title: Entire expansion
    OP: 10% of the expansion
    Misleading thread, 2/10 would not read again

And yes, I'm enjoying myself.
    Also what was wrong with jousting? I liked it.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

You know what i hate more than dailys? Doing dailys.
    But tbh, this expansion is entertaining - better than WoTLK and Catalacka
    BECAUSE YOUR WORTH IT

Deleted
    Overall, I'm incredibly disappointed. I've unsubbed for now to vote against it with my wallet until there are more meaningful things to do to advance my character. Even in 463 gear, my character feels weak against the overtuned mobs in Dread Wastes, Steppes and Vale. I did some GL and Klaxxi dailies for about four days and couldn't stand them any longer. It's a chore. Dailies are a chore and I will not spend my limited time in game doing them. I simply feel gating character advancement for primarily solo, casual players behind a daily quest grind was an awful way to artificially extend content life.

My only positive experiences have been in dungeons. But ALL of my LFR experiences have been incredibly frustrating and honestly, without a single drop yet, I've decided that RNG is no longer motivational, but infuriating. Like I said, without a better way to advance my character without spending hours logged in every day, I will not resub. I don't agree with the grind model anymore and will be looking at console gaming until the MMO paradigm shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Also what was wrong with jousting? I liked it.
    Vehicle Fights are bad.
    You must be a terrible person if you enjoy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Vehicle Fights are bad.
    You must be a terrible person if you enjoy them.
    Oh, obviously. That goes without saying.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    But the point he made was good!

Deleted
    For starters, I think the expansion is really good so far. It is still WoW though, no game-breaking changes, just new content.

The new areas are beautiful and the leveling up was fun for me, not too long or too short.
    Dailies are over-emphasized. You need dailies to get reputation, which is needed to buy VP gear, recipes and some faction mounts.
    However, heroics and scenarios give VP as well, so there is no need to do all factions dailies at once. If you are not top-end-raiding, you can pace it and choose to do one faction only per day. Most VP gear can be bought at honored or revered already, so in panda words: “sloow doown” if you hate dalies.

The dailies do manage to bring people out into the world again though. Instead of sitting in SWC waiting for the next heroic, many people are now out in the world questing. It makes Pandaria come alive. Speaking of heroics, although easy, they are fun to play and are well designed. And for the hardcores there is always Challenge modes to make them a bit more interesting. Personally, I am not impressed by the scenarios, so I simply ignore them unless I need to cap my VP; no harm done.

As for raiding, I only saw MSV so far but I am really enjoying the new encounters in there. Knowing that 10 more bosses are waiting in HoF (6) and ToES (4) is something I am looking forward to. I also like the fact that they are gating the introduction of the raids. It prevents the core raiders calling out “done, what’s next?” after 2 weeks (week 1 normal, week 2 heroic) only and then the entire raiding community echoing those words over and over again. People are also less stressed and can enjoy the content instead of raiding all raids from day one 7 nights per week and then complain about having nothing to do by November.

Finally, in my opinion LFR has improved as well. In Dragon Soul most LFR encounters could be zerged down without knowing any mechanics at all. The current LFR still is easy, but actually requires people to know and learn SOME basic mechanics (for example get off the celestial floor in phase 3 at Elegon).

Overall, MoP breathes new life into WoW and is an improvement over Cata on most areas, at least in my opinion.
    Then again, it is basically still the same game; if you hated WoW in the past, you won’t love it now and vice versa.

Deleted
    I enjoy it, I do. You dont NEED to do dailies to get gear, lol. Quite the misconception a lot of people here has.

Deleted
    Raids are definitely good, but cant really say that about other content, it's just same old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I enjoy the dailies and I intend to get exalted with each reputation. I just hit the 50 exalted reputations mark today with the Golden Lotus.