Homework Question - MLA Citing

I am just finishing up a paper for my class tonight sure how to cite a website in my text. It is in MLA formet, and no author listed. So after the quote would it just be (Article Name?) Thanks in advance.

Your OP was a bit ambiguous. Are you trying to cite a website, or an article on a website?

Actually if you just post the source you want to cite
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-11-01 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Your OP was a bit ambiguous. Are you trying to cite a website, or an article on a website?

Actually if you just post the source you want to cite
    It is an article from a website. I need to cite that in the paper. I already have it cited in my cited page so I got that information at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    It is an article from a website. I need to cite that in the paper. I already have it cited in my cited page so I got that information at least.
    Not sure I understand. Are you looking for how to cite the article in-text? You can do that as (<name of author>), or if author is unknown, ("<title of article>"). Minus the the '<' and '>'.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-11-01 at 01:39 PM.

Not sure I understand. Are you looking for how to cite the article in-text? You can do that as (<name of author>), or if author is unknown, ("<title of article>"). Minus the the '<' and '>'.

OK I thought it would be a article name, the article name is kind of long though but that should not matter correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    OK I thought it would be a article name, the article name is kind of long though but that should not matter correct?
    Well, you don't want it to be too long. What's the article name?

Well, you don't want it to be too long. What's the article name?
    Seven Ways to save Our Seas: The Oceans Are in Trouble

If that's correct, you can cite that in-text as ("Seven Ways to Save Our Seas").

But that seems like a collection of several articles (which have known authors) from the Popular Science magazine. If it is, then you may want to cite the specific article only and use its author's name for in-text reference, or use the lead author's name (<Last Name, et al.>).
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-11-01 at 01:56 PM.

If that's correct, you can cite that in-text as ("Seven Ways to Save Our Seas").

But that seems like a collection of several articles (which have known authors) from the Popular Science magazine. If it is, then you may want to cite the specific article only and use its author's name for in-text reference, or use the lead author's name (<Last Name, et al.>).
    Well it is kind of weird, we are suppose to include from an article from our own school database which only has the title of the article listed and no author information in that particular article