Cool Best Profession Combination

Hello my fellow paladins. I was curious as to your thoughts regarding the best 2 primary professions for retribution were. Back in BC just before wotlk, I combo'd JCing and Enchanting. I found this to be a very flexible combination. The only downside was having to have an alt for mining purposes.

Thing's have obviously changed since then, so I was wondering. For each of the 3 specs, which do you find to provide the most benefit?

Retribution Combination
    Protection Combination
    Holy Combination

Thanks in advance for the opinions provided.

Bs/Engi for ret

Bs/Tailoring for holy

Bs/Leatherworking for prot

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me Bs, enchant, jc, are similar in buff.

for holy alq, tailor...

for retri lw,eng

for prot lw,eng

Everything is engineer for me. Simply because of this video I made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tXYk...1&feature=plcp

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with Engineering and Enchanting for a few reasons, Blood Spirits are clearly a solid way to get upgrades and money. Enchanting is always pretty even with buffs Tailoring is probably the better option but epic gems could change it. Either way JC is trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I'm going with Engineering and Enchanting for a few reasons, Blood Spirits are clearly a solid way to get upgrades and money. Enchanting is always pretty even with buffs Tailoring is probably the better option but epic gems could change it. Either way JC is trash.
    Why do you think JC is trash? It essentially provides the same bonus as Enchanting does it not?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    Why do you think JC is trash? It essentially provides the same bonus as Enchanting does it not?
    The bad thing with JC is that when the epic gems comes out, the bonus from the JC gems aint that much better. But I'm rolling JC/Ench as ret, done it since Cata now and it's a great way to earn cash, keep gear up to date without spending a couple of thousand everytime you get a new item (2-3 gems + enchant can cost buttloads of gold sometimes..)
    And the biggest pluss side of enchanting - I've done Sha every week, and spent a gold coin in hope to get my tier gloves. But I end up with tier leggings EVERYtime, so I DE them and get a blood spirit and a Sha crystal - 10k on my server but having a proffesion that aint the best dps wise. But atleast I got to afford the Darkmoon card pretty fast
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    The bad thing with JC is that when the epic gems comes out, the bonus from the JC gems aint that much better.
    I was under the impression that when epic gems came out the JC gems were buffed. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true that JC gems are not buffed, I will drop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that when epic gems came out the JC gems were buffed. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true that JC gems are not buffed, I will drop it.
    They weren't buffed in Cata and the blue post back then pretty much said, "Epic gems are rare so we won't buff the JC gems".
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-11-02 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    They weren't buffed in Cata and the blue post back then pretty much said, "Epic gems are rare so we won't buff the JC gems".
    Considering I skipped out on Cata, I have no way of really knowing. How rare were epic gems really?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Bs/Engi for ret

Bs/Tailoring for holy

Bs/Leatherworking for prot
    Tailoring is better than BS for Ret this tier. It's effectively around 450-500 strength for me atm.

So, when you drop a profession, should you decide to pick it backup again, are all recipes lost and must be re obtained?
    Last edited by GreatSageCorban; 2012-11-02 at 07:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, when you drop a profession, should you decide to pick it backup again, are all recipes lost and most be re obtained?
    No once you replace a prof you lose anything associated with it including patterns.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 07:20 PM ----------

JC is trash for a multitude of reason but the primary is currently a secondary stat gem is 320 to that stat value while a JC gem is 480 to that stat value. Primary stat such as strength is 160 for blue gems and 320 for JC gems. So Primary stats got double the bonus and JC secondary got 1/3 secondary stat value bonus. When epic gems come out JC gems will fall further behind that curve.

Let's not forget that there are no PvP gems this time around, JC in general is just a crappy profession now.

I think Tailoring then Blacksmith would be best but for stable and never falling behind I think enchanting would be 3rd in line. So any of the 3 imo would be better than JC.
    Last edited by Requital; 2012-11-02 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?