Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are fire mages going to die when Patch 5.1 hits?

When 5.1 drops we're getting a 3 second cd on pyro blast, is frost going to be the best spec?
    Last edited by SherbertLand; 2012-10-30 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    when was it announced 5.1 is going live tomorrow?

I misspoke. I don't know how to edit the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    If 5.1 is tomorrow i will eat my own shoe. Its still in PTR so don't go crying the world is going to end until its live. If you really want to help out go on the ptr and play it then give blizz some feed back. Feed back as in not qq.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    If 5.1 is tomorrow i will eat my own shoe. Its still in PTR so don't go crying the world is going to end until its live. If you really want to help out go on the ptr and play it then give blizz some feed back. Feed back as in not qq.
    I was asking what effect it would have on the servers because I'm bad.

Id still be playing fire

The cooldown on pyroblast is going to make frost better than fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    ill take a bite of your shoes if 5.1 comes out tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    The cooldown on pyroblast is going to make frost better than fire.
    the way they changed invocation also affects frost more than fire (since frost stacks haste) but i wouldnt be surprised if fire does drop a bit of dps with them lucky combustion with 3 pyroblast in a row
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    the way they changed invocation also affects frost more than fire (since frost stacks haste) but i wouldnt be surprised if fire does drop a bit of dps with them lucky combustion with 3 pyroblast in a row
    Fire wont drop in dps, but in fun factor.

In fact, the average mage will improve in dps because setting up your combustion will no longer be hard at all.
    As for 3 pyro's in a row being lucky, tells me more about your knowledge/skill of playing mage, I always get at least 2 pyro's and often i get 3, lucky is getting 4+. This is without PoM.

Deleted
    Mage is not fun to play at the moment because of lvl 90 talents... but the dmg is ok

With 5.1 it will be even less fun to play and numbers will be worse... rip mage... new warlock...

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Fire wont drop in dps, but in fun factor.

In fact, the average mage will improve in dps because setting up your combustion will no longer be hard at all.
    As for 3 pyro's in a row being lucky, tells me more about your knowledge/skill of playing mage, I always get at least 2 pyro's and often i get 3, lucky is getting 4+. This is without PoM.
    RNG is mad skills

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    RNG is mad skills
    madskills dont exist in this game.

proper knowledge of game mechanics does. I am sorry if you dont have this knowledge, there was even a thread about 1½-2months ago about how you could improve your "rng" considerably.

Deleted
    Please, tell us how you get 3 in a row without PoM. I don't see how it's possible to guarantee 2 in a row without PoM.

1st Scenario: An idiot that casts Fireball with Heating Up and Inferno Blast off cooldown
    Fireball (crit)
    Fireball (crit)
    Pyroblast (crit)
    Now you only have Heating Up. Casting Inferno Blast or Fireball would mean it isn't 2 Pyroblasts in a row.

2nd Scenario: A normal person that uses Inferno Blast with Heating Up
    Fireball (crit)
    Inferno Blast (crit)
    Pyroblast (crit)
    Now you only have Heating Up. Casting Fireball would mean it isn't 2 Pyroblasts in a row.
    Last edited by mmocc5b636c3e7; 2012-10-30 at 09:41 AM.

The answer, it involves any of the following:

Hardcasting pyro
    Saving hot streak while waiting for IB to com off CD
    Alter time - hope all mages know by now what I didn't at the start - we don't have to wait full 6 sec but can end it at any time

And an alter time + PoM macro atm? _Guaranteed_ 4 pyros for a monster combustion

madskills dont exist in this game.
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    The answer, it involves any of the following:

Hardcasting pyro
    Saving hot streak while waiting for IB to com off CD
    Alter time - hope all mages know by now what I didn't at the start - we don't have to wait full 6 sec but can end it at any time

And an alter time + PoM macro atm? _Guaranteed_ 4 pyros for a monster combustion
    He specifically said without PoM and that he always (meaning 100% of the time, not luck based) can get 2 in a row. You'd save Alter Time for PoM+Pyroblast!, which he wouldn't have since he said without PoM. Nobody should hard-cast Pryoblast unless the DoT has faded, which is very rare. Also it doesn't involve waiting for IB to come off cooldown because casting IB would mean it isn't 2 Pyroblasts in a row. Keep up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomitory View Post
    Please, tell us how you get 3 in a row without PoM. I don't see how it's possible to guarantee 2 in a row without PoM.
    HS+HU is active.

Fireball->!pyro

If even if FB fails to crit but !pyro does crit, because of HU 0.5s cancel delay you gain another HS. And because of 0.75 max travel time you gain HS before GCD is reset from !pyro. Now that was 2 !pyro in a row. and with roughly 51% chance either of them crit @ 30%crit. (raid buffed i am around 29.5%)

HS+HU is active.

Fireball->!pyro Both crit
    Now you have HS+HU again
    !pyro(nr2) Crit
    !pyro(nr3)

with AT you can increase this number by at least 1, 2 if that crit.

That is when building for combustion. After Fb->!pyro if they both crit and you regain HS+HU you could repeat Fb->!pyro for a higher chance of another HS.

Yes nr3 !pyro requires some degree of luck, but i do see it several times during a 3½hour raid day. just with head math its some were around 2/7 chance.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    it might be, it just indicates you never played a madskills game. And i am again sorry for you.

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Vomitory View Post
    He specifically said without PoM and that he always (meaning 100% of the time, not luck based) can get 2 in a row. You'd save Alter Time for PoM+Pyroblast!, which he wouldn't have since he said without PoM. Nobody should hard-cast Pryoblast unless the DoT has faded, which is very rare. Also it doesn't involve waiting for IB to come off cooldown because casting IB would mean it isn't 2 Pyroblasts in a row. Keep up.
    i ment i always get at least 2 pyros into my combustion ignite, as 3pyro combustion was the topic at hand. 51% chance that i get 2 pyro's using that combo. if i dont the first time it is highly likely i will once i regained HS+HU, and it is worth holding combustion for that. at least before 5.1 hits.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2012-10-30 at 10:14 AM.

HS+HU is active.

Fireball->!pyro

If even if FB fails to crit but !pyro does crit, because of HU 0.5s cancel delay you gain another HS. And because of 0.75 max travel time you gain HS before GCD is reset from !pyro. Now that was 2 !pyro in a row. and with roughly 51% chance either of them crit @ 30%crit. (raid buffed i am around 29.5%)

HS+HU is active.

Fireball->!pyro Both crit
    Now you have HS+HU again
    !pyro(nr2) Crit
    !pyro(nr3)

with AT you can increase this number by at least 1, 2 if that crit.

That is when building for combustion. After Fb->!pyro if they both crit and you regain HS+HU you could repeat Fb->!pyro for a higher chance of another HS.

Yes nr3 !pyro requires some degree of luck, but i do see it several times during a 3½hour raid day. just with head math its some were around 2/7 chance.

it might be, it just indicates you never played a madskills game. And i am again sorry for you.

Edit

i ment i always get at least 2 pyros into my combustion ignite, as 3pyro combustion was the topic at hand. 51% chance that i get 2 pyro's using that combo. if i dont the first time it is highly likely i will once i regained HS+HU, and it is worth holding combustion for that. at least before 5.1 hits.
    seeing how you're still relying on RNG to get those 3 pyros you can take your patronising asshattery elsewere. Since being at 29.5% raid buffed gives you a CM of 39.75% wich is hardly a number that can garantuee you anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    seeing how you're still relying on RNG to get those 3 pyros you can take your patronising asshattery elsewere. Since being at 29.5% raid buffed gives you a CM of 39.75% wich is hardly a number that can garantuee you anything.
    actually the critical hit chance of the pyroblast! would be 44.25% after critical mass 29.5*1.5=44.25

and given that he/she only needs ONE of either the fireball or pyroblast! to crit to return another Hot Streak when HS+HU are present, the chance of that happening is 68.92%, more often than TWO out of THREE times. see link

now if he/she has used alter time prior to the fireball/pyroblast! combo while HS+HU are present, there is your rather common 3x pyroblast! chain without the use of PoM. do all of them crit leading to the ignite of our dreams? no but it is 3 in a row.

just 8.664% for the dreamy ignite. see link this is where shatter comes in to play, make that 100% when you can frostjaw>DeepFreeze (thx glyph) on anyone from anywhere when you have your HS+HU.

do you see that it is in fact so common that it is being nerfed?
    Last edited by elpadrino293; 2012-10-30 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    i do it at least once a pull, as i said with 30%crit not taking CM into account the chance of getting 2x !pyro in a row is ~51% using AT ensures me the 3rd. and there is a pretty high chance i will get another one some where in the chain.

If you want to be delusional then please go ahead and live in your cata mindset. but then again you think wow is madskillzor game, when it in fact have really low skill cap ceiling. I am not surprised.

Did i mention this is without PoM?...........

Edit: Say hello to my Master jedi, i am merely a grateful apprentice willing to learn Again thanks for your original thread elpadrino293, and sorry for not giving you more credit, though i would assume any reasonable person would search these very forums for something as basic as "building larger ignites" or just building ignite. Am i expecting too much ?
    Btw you can use He =)
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2012-10-30 at 11:47 AM.