Deleted

1st boss HOF(Zorlok) low healing

ok i have just gone and had a few attempts in the 1st boss in heart we went with 3 healers and we took me a pally and a druid now were all on the same gear level and the same skill but this druid seemed 2 b wrecking both me and this pally and the pally usually ended a fair amount in front of me. the only reason i believe is because we have 1 insta cast(riptide) and with it glphyed it heals for a petty amount and during the ring phase on the platform i just cant heal anything at all and its the same with the rings in the final phase can any1 give me some pointers or other reasons in which it cud b low?

If you need to heal during that people need to get their act together anyway, but Spiritwalker's Grace if you desperately need it, and Glyphed Riptide should be enough otherwise.

Link some logs for more in depth help, though.

E: Assuming by "rings" you meant the Attenuation, not Force and Verve.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-11-02 at 12:14 AM.

Deleted
    I don't have any logs but here's what I did. We killed the boss in four pulls.

I put healing rain on as many Noise Cancelling Zones as possible (mostly two) and just spammed Chain Heal on the people in my zone and that was sufficient. I poped Healing Tide and Ascendance towards the end of the fight when the damage was high and our mana was low. Either pre cast Riptide or don't cast it at all. People are gonna die if you start blanketing the raid during the Force and Verve.

Edit: Assuming you mean Force and Verve, not Attenuation. If it's Attenuation, your problem isn't the healing.
    Last edited by mmoc3241605ebc; 2012-11-02 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We just 4-healed it. Attenuation is supposed to be the place where you regen since no one should take damage. Its force and verve where people need to chain CD's and self def stuff.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Weird.

Topped healing on 25man with my OS.

For Attenuation I just drop HR on 1 part of the platform and pop down a HST. Riptide + Unleash Life for a fast instant if people dip low. Should be enough healing to heal through a few people getting hit a wee bit... And if they die to it its their own fault, not yours.

On the Force and Verve platform you should only be getting 2 of the AoEs. Use Healing Tide Totem on one and put HR down and spam CH. On the second one pop a Healing Stream Totem and Ascendance WHILE running to your shield. I used Elemental Mastery with Ascendance for fast cast-spam. Pop a HR down and spam CH while in Ascendance... This actually does so much healing that it's almost as good as your Healing TIde, lol.

We got 3 Force and Verves in the last phase. I did what I did on the platform and on the 3rd one I popped a Spirit Link on 2 bubbles that happened to be near eachother.

Make sure you spam the hell out of Lightning Bolt (with TC glyphed obviously) during downtimes as there really aint much to heal in this fight outside of the damage phases. Let the other healers manage the tanks and focus on regening between damage phases. I ended up the fight with around 40%'ish mana.

Here's the log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9k...=10930&e=11356

We later realized that 6 healers on 25man was pretty overkill. Could have done it with 5 pretty easily.

EDIT: Oh, and if you pop /cast Earth Elemental Totem /cast Reinforce just before the first Force and Verve on the platform it'll be up for both of them. 20% less damage taken and 10% more Healing is nothing to scoff at. If you're not speccing Primal Elementalist yet you should start doing it :P Use Fire Elemental on the last phase and just let it DPS the boss so you kill it fast. You can cast Empower during Force and Verve for extra heals if you want, though.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2012-11-02 at 07:40 AM.

Some pretty good posts already which I'd agree with.

Managed to heal it with a Resto Shaman and Holy Pally, so I'm sure that there would be differences in the time of each phase adding in a healer.
    For issues moving while needing to keep up with a high amount of healing I've taken to using Ascendance with Spirit Walkers Grace, provided that I won't need the cooldowns for another 2 minutes. Try not to forget about having Healing Tide and Spirit Link, you'll be likely to need them in CD rotations during Force and Verve, but they'll always boost you in the meters if used correctly. Our 10 man kill WoL.

For issues with people avoiding Attenuation, keep in mind that the rings spread as they get further out, they have a more reliable pattern in the first 8~ yards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry much about healing during Attenuation. People aren't supposed to take any damage from the sonic rings anyway. And you survive 1-2 hits that sometimes occur (seriously, sometimes you wonder how it could possibly have triggered). Get it into people's heads early on, that they're not to blame a healer when they die during that ability, but that it's their own mistake. It's a bonus for them if you can actually throw them an instant cast or a HoT and fix their fail, but your primary concern is to not fail yourself, especially now that the encounter is new. People need to learn it now, and not later on when it's on heroic and gets really icky.

Attentuation becomes rather easy to deal with when you keep in mind that:

1. Being in melee range sucks. Take a few steps back.
    2. Being at max range sucks. The rings multiply out there and will make it impossible to avoid them.
    3. Being somewhere in the middle is good. About in the middle between melee range and max range. Check out if you need to go clockwise or counterclockwise and then just run in circles.

That said, I healed that encounter with a druid and a paladin, and surprisingly surpassed our druid on healing done, and he's a beast. A Healing Rain that was boosted by Unleash Life is just soooo strong when you put it down as soon as FaV starts, so it'll stabilise the raid. And Healing Tide after a few moments of FaV when the raid begins to drop a little more will allow it to really benefit from your mastery and not waste much into overhealing. And the raid will come out of FaV topped off and ready to rumble again.

Our logs are private, but I'll just copy+paste. It was quite messy, being a first-kill and all and can be extremely optimised still:
    Serisse 19557328 31.40% 39458.0 38881.4 495.6s 98.6%
    Druid 16089089 25.83% 33008.7 31986.3 487.4s 96.9%
    Paladin 11671450 18.74% 26162.5 23203.7 446.1s 88.7%

My 5 top-heals:
    Healing Rain 3744056 19.1 % 68.0 % (a LOT of overhealing, but hey... Ancestral Vigor says hello, and I didn't have mana issues)
    Healing Tide 3323184 17.0 % 6.9 % (whenever it was my turn to push that CD during FaV
    Healing Surge 2394158 12.2 % 23.7 % (for people who got that woah-is-that-a-lot-of-damage-incoming amber beam thing on them, and HS really crit home what with half of the 32 casts that I made critting )
    Restorative Mists 2334237 11.9 % 28.5 %
    Riptide 1878300 9.6 % 48.8 %

OP, could you provide an armory link or a WoL? There's only so much we can tell you without knowing any details, and everyone can perk up and shout "But I'm topping meters."

Yes, it would be helpful to have logs.

I doubt that the ability to heal or not during the ring phase should cause that much difference in hps. However, as others have said, people should not be taking damage during that platform. It should be all about survival and avoiding damage.

I two-healed the fight with a holy priest. We would use our cds on the platform with FaV. I'd take care of healing one of them with Ascendance, Healing Tide and my Earth Elemental. The holy priest would use his cd with an offspec tranquility.

It may be that with three healers, people aren't dipping low enough for your mastery to be a big benefit to you. Therefore, gimping your healing numbers. If you had logs, we could determine the overheal and your spell selection.