Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Are they not? I simply couldn't live without some of my glyphs, even if they don't increase my damage. Hell, I'm still trying to find someone to make me Black Ice.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    People that say that the new system is like the old system: No options and just one good pick of glyphs and talents are just bad players that cant think out of the box.
    or we are restricted by a box called [Min Maxing for raids] and if we think outside the box we make things harder for 9/24 other that case it's not thinking outside the box it's just being an asshat!

Lone Oak, TX
    Simple answer: no, i prefer the fun ones over actual use, we played without them for quite awhile, so i'm good with them not being reliant upon.

Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Isn't it a bit early to be nostaligic about glyph changes?

Give it 6 months...
    Patience doesn't exist on the internet. People were nostalgic about Wrath of the Lich King two months after Cataclysm released.

I like the new glyphs, personally. Minors are fun and cosmetic, and majors are actually options rather than requirements. There are a couple of exceptions, of course, but overall "using X glyph instead of Y glyph" isn't something to laugh at a person about unless they're just REALLY messing it up and using, say, shadow majors for holy or something to that extent.

I actually have difficult decisions to make now when it comes to glyphs and talents. I never used to, and i rarely changed them. So no, i am the complete opposite of the OP.

I regularly swap a glyph or two for the one or the other boss... That's more than I did in all of Cata. And when I start doing some PvP again, I'll be swapping glyphs back and forth even more frequently.

I had the absolute best glyphs for my spec back in Cata, don't ask me which ones they were tough because I don't remember, I just picked the ones the intrawebs told me to.

Now I actually have some personal choices there. They don't affect my gameplay much, but at least when they do I know it's because of something I chose rather than some of the many mysterious things I copy pasted from Elitist Jerks.

i like the theory behind the current glyph system, but for some classes i've found that PVE wise sometimes there isnt really anything you need . . . they seem a bit wishy washy etc

Quote Originally Posted by Togasa View Post
    The new glyph system is good, when raiding I sometime realise that changing glyphs for a particular boss fight is very advantageous.
    As a protection paladin I have to agree with you. I always bring a lot of tomes because I have to keep changing them for different fights.

I would agree with new people that the new glyph system is infinitely better except... I play a disc. Now, for raiding I have some very interesting choices I can make depending on the fight, which I find very enjoyable. The problem is, like to PvP and while disc has many glyphs I would like to try, we have three mandatory major glyphs you just can't PvP without. It was really a huge disappointement not to get any variety there.