[Holy] Has anyone tried Haste?

All I do is tank heal pretty much. Sometimes it's hard to get them up because my heals are so slow. I was wondering how haste is doing. Is it that bad for my mana that I really should do mastery, or am I okay doing haste?

Not with how crappy mana regen is right now, sticking with spirit and mastery

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I haven't tried haste and I don't think I will be. Having haste > mastery would drain my mana far too quickly and not allow me to keep my current healing strategy.

Currently I (as all should) use Holy Shock on cooldown to build my HoPo and (depending on incoming tank damage/fight) HL or DL on the tank (HL almost exclusively on Elegon). I can usually get near top healing, lowest overhealing and finish fights on 60% plus mana. I use my holy power on either LoD or EF depending on how many people have taken damage from abilities. If only a few, EF but if its raid wide, LoD.

I also like to sit in melee range to auto attack for mana except on elegon (Too much running for stacks)

Here is a link to my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B2bster/simple

And the WoL of last night (Elegon 25man wipes and finally kill) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=8203&e=8792

Ignore attempts below 9 as we were 6 healing instead of 5 and as such we were missing the enrage timer and there wasnt much healing to do.

Deleted
    For me haste>mastery , i reforged everything into mastery once b4 3rd boss in MV and i just couldn't keep ppl up when 2nd healer was in 2nd realm , when i went back to haste -> Hey! 1st try kill, i heard somewhere that mastery is better on 25man
    P.S. Sorry for my english
    Last edited by mmoc6fdd720c46; 2012-11-02 at 01:28 PM.

I had the opposite. When I had haste I didnt have enough mana to heal through to the end (If I got double voodoo) but when I went mastery I was able to keep my mana up constantly and the 33% or so extra on every heal was enough to keep the voodoo targets up with 3hpEF and some basic heals thrown on them.

Deleted
    I don't have mana problems at all, maybe because i spam HL (0 FoL and maybe 5DL durning any fight)

I went straight haste and used Brewfest trinket for the troll boss in MV. Long as I got 1-2 trips into the spirit realm, it really paid off as I never had mana issues. Other than that fight when it was tight for progression, I've stuck with mastery. Mana is too tight.

Deleted
    Do you really guys have mana problems? I raid only normals but i NEVER had 0 mana on any boss

I've flipped it around in progression, going as far as to change the masteryspirit gems to hastespirit gems depending on the fight. There are a couple that it mattered, where hitting the extra tick of renew and lightspring, coupled with shaving time off of POH was huge. Feng comes to mind, we are really weak on that fight over the first half of it due to the movement. H spriit kings is another where I made sure to hit the haste cap. Damage is light, but bursty coupled with movement. Glyphed renew extra tick and lightspring working as it should helped a bunch. If blizz really wanted to buff priests properly they would shave 1/3 - 1/2 of a second off of POH and give us a regen buff.

Long fights without a ton of movement defiantly mastery is better. Which are the majority of the hard fights in the game right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viskew View Post
    I've flipped it around in progression, going as far as to change the masteryspirit gems to hastespirit gems depending on the fight. There are a couple that it mattered, where hitting the extra tick of renew and lightspring, coupled with shaving time off of POH was huge. Feng comes to mind, we are really weak on that fight over the first half of it due to the movement. H spriit kings is another where I made sure to hit the haste cap. Damage is light, but bursty coupled with movement. Glyphed renew extra tick and lightspring working as it should helped a bunch. If blizz really wanted to buff priests properly they would shave 1/3 - 1/2 of a second off of POH and give us a regen buff.

Long fights without a ton of movement defiantly mastery is better. Which are the majority of the hard fights in the game right now.
    Ommm wrong Class ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Rockylobster View Post
    I haven't tried haste and I don't think I will be. Having haste > mastery would drain my mana far too quickly and not allow me to keep my current healing strategy.

Currently I (as all should) use Holy Shock on cooldown to build my HoPo and (depending on incoming tank damage/fight) HL or DL on the tank (HL almost exclusively on Elegon). I can usually get near top healing, lowest overhealing and finish fights on 60% plus mana. I use my holy power on either LoD or EF depending on how many people have taken damage from abilities. If only a few, EF but if its raid wide, LoD.

I also like to sit in melee range to auto attack for mana except on elegon (Too much running for stacks)

Here is a link to my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B2bster/simple

And the WoL of last night (Elegon 25man wipes and finally kill) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=8203&e=8792

Ignore attempts below 9 as we were 6 healing instead of 5 and as such we were missing the enrage timer and there wasnt much healing to do.
    Pretty sure you should use less spirit, then. As far as I understand it, the goal of a healer is to have enough mana to heal through the fight and end at 0, or at least close to it. No need to have mana left after the fight is done.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Yea but healing is very situational, sometimes u will heal more on the same boss

Quote Originally Posted by Viskew View Post

Paladin forum's...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Paladin forum's...
    I think he just saw [HOLY]

I like having the extra spirit incase something goes wrong during the fight. Screw up a mechanic, RNG fails for the tank and he takes heaps of hits in a row etc. Having extra mana is >>>>>>>>>> having too little mana. If I were stacking haste (For the small boost in healing it would give) I would not have nearly as much mana as I do now.

The people here who say they don't have mana problems then say they raid normal, well you are just contradicting yourselves...

It depends on your raid I think. I used to go haste and didn't have too many issues with mana. I was using the price trinket and the vial. So I was able to roll DP and then vial when I needed mana. We had a SP who also helped with mana regen.
    I recently went haste to 20% then mastery and that seems to workout as well. I'm shabinka on Tich if you wanted to look at my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    The people here who say they don't have mana problems then say they raid normal, well you are just contradicting yourselves...
    And people who think they are better than everyone else because they do heroic modes are pretentious douschebags. You're point? There are plenty of legitimate reasons for having mana problems in raiding both normal and heroic mode. Learning fights being the main one. Or you could be in a situation where you are doing most of the heavy lifting as a healer. Don't be so arrogant as to say you never went OOM while learning a fight because you didn't know yet how best to spread out your healing.

OT: Although you may feel more comfortable with a haste build because your hps may be higher over the short term or you can deal with damage spikes more quickly, they really don't work right now. With fixed mana pools, you can only heal so much before you can't do anything. A higher haste cap just means you can reach that threshold faster. And if you're getting to your healing targets more quickly than other healers, you probably end up doing most of the work, meaning you're going to burn through your mana faster and be useless later on in the fight. There's a certain amount of haste you may want to feel comfortable with your casting speed, but beyond that, you're just depriving yourself of stats that could increase your healing throughput rather than just your burst capacity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExLancer View Post
    All I do is tank heal pretty much. Sometimes it's hard to get them up because my heals are so slow. I was wondering how haste is doing. Is it that bad for my mana that I really should do mastery, or am I okay doing haste?
    As a 25m raider, I will be sticking with mastery. The only fight I believe I will be trying haste on will be the first boss in HoF. HR cast time just sucks for that fight when on the shield platform and on ground phase. Mana isn't a big problem throughout the fight until last phase. For some unknown reason, we heal with a monk, priest, shaman, and 3 holy pallys so our AoE heals are not the greatest..

Don't even ask why lol

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Pretty sure you should use less spirit, then. As far as I understand it, the goal of a healer is to have enough mana to heal through the fight and end at 0, or at least close to it. No need to have mana left after the fight is done.
    Most people exaggerate big time on these boards

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."