Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I find it hard to believe that someone was pulling 2.8k DPs ? thats literally them AFK's and maybe throwing out an attack once in awhile, unless were seeing a new breed of bots in dungeons ?
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    just did a normal shado-pan monastery last fight dps was, we all level 87 about so I didn't outgear anyone or anything.

me - 24.5k dps - 56% damage done
    tank - -10k dps -
    elemental shaman - 4.5k dps
    destruction warlock -2.8k dps

as you can imagine it took ages, luckily we had a monk healer but was basically ooming big time

obviously people are leveling up but somehow still don't grasp how to do damage or anything, does more need to be explained by blizzard for noobs to wow?

I didn't say anything because I don't think it's up to me to tell people how to play their class but they can look forward to alot of /party kicks in future if they don't improve.

other people aren't as patient.
    It's simple, the dps are not resetting their rage/fury on the last boss causing them to have 90% chance to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I don't really understand dps this low. Even barely trying, while talking to friends, and not even bothering with my rotation, just moving enough to not stand in fire, I can manage 40-50k at a 474 ilvl on my mage. Actually playing it's 75k+
    your a mage, enough said.

1. there are new players or old returning players who are kinda clueless to their class'.
    2. you are not a 'casual' player. my girl was a 'casual' player. i've seen first-hand how absolutely horrendous true 'casual' players are at this game. do you FB, shop online, browse ebay, chat with your girlfriends on your phone and play WoW in a window? if you do, you're probably gonna pull 5k dps at 90 too. but you'll look good as a blood elf and that's all that matters.

Deleted
    Yes, let's assume that all DPS are terrible at the game.

/roll eyes.

I remember doing a 20 minute Altairus back in Cata. because all the dps were dumb, and got knocked off the balcony and died, so it was just me and tank left.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Decent in my opinion would be 50k
    Yeah right.

When I hit 90 I was all exited about doing some scenarios which, after all, is what they are designed for.
    The two first went ok, but on the third the paladin "tank" went nuts about my "OMFG HUNTER 20K DPS???" (single target, not AoE). And that after the monk declared "I heal" and then stood around doing absolutely nothing.

50K might be "decent" for you, but the FD spreadsheet had me at 25K (optimal fight), which I was perfectly capable of doing on a dummy.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    I didn't say anything because I don't think it's up to me to tell people how to play their class but they can look forward to alot of /party kicks in future if they don't improve.

Not true because those doing the kicking will end up with a 4 hour kick timer.

See who the joke is on now !

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    It's simple, the dps are not resetting their rage/fury on the last boss causing them to have 90% chance to miss.
    Sounds reasonable, although looking on Wowhead it's 100% miss chance. They managed to get dots up and cast a few spells, followed by a big load of nothing.

Things like "why is my screen red?" and "what's that funny button for?" really don't enter into the minds of some players. Real life Donalds...

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Took over a page for someone to say this >.>

(Blackmist) It's definitely a 90% Miss Chance. Either that or the guy pulling 2.8 started auto attacking, went afk, boss moved and then didn't hit for the rest of the fight.

Why even play the game if you can't be bothered spending the very short amount of time it takes to level without having to resort to botting or AFK'ing in Dungeons/BG's :S

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Yup, it's very real. To the guy saying Recount is bugged, it's not trust me I get a tonne of DPS doing below 30k everyday, with Wrath you were easily pulling 19-21k on Saurfang before 30% buff came around.
    WRONG WRONG WRONG u were pulling 10-12k at most, as a top raider. Don't pull shit out of your ass plz.

10+ Year Old Account
    obviously people are leveling up but somehow still don't grasp how to do damage or anything, does more need to be explained by blizzard for noobs to wow?
    Obviously people don't care to understand, it's the day and age of multiboxing alts. To the point they're leveled to end-game (as WoW is so focused there) and they may not even really played that toon much at all for 90 levels. I wouldn't be surprised while they take one toon into a dungeon, they're in a PVP instance, too.

In the older days not many could run more than one client per computer. Now you can run 5 at a pop on one computer (in another MMO I'm playing, I'm running 6 clients for 6 toons alone), and basically AFK level them to the top.

What happens when you can have so many alts per client, and all the focus is end-game. Players are going to race to get there, empty suits or not.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    WRONG WRONG WRONG u were pulling 10-12k at most, as a top raider. Don't pull shit out of your ass plz.
    Yep.

If an Arcane mage did 15k DPS they were in heroic raid gear (and this was chugging haste pots [and back then the CD on pots was MUCH lower, so mages would carry multiple stacks]). Average dungeon DPS was around 4-6k.

This was in a day that a Holy paladin in mixed gear and using flasks could only do around 600 dps. Not 6k. 600 in 264 gear.

No one was doing 10+k DPS on average back then. That's some "Warrior needs intel gear" troller.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

People often pick up their very dusty alts, which are probably high level but they forgot all about their abilities and rotations. Instead of relearning their rotations before entering the dungeons, they will just queue anyway, and hoping that they will get to relearn their rotations while running the instance.

I have about 5 level 80's myself where I haven't logged in with since MoP, so I still don't know about all their class changes. If I want to do a dungeon, I'd like to relearn my rotations by doing the new quests first. But ofcourse, not everyone likes questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has already been dumbed down some much its not even funny.

Deleted
    One thing that caught me at 90 was the lack of 'random normal' in the dungeon finder. I hadn't until then realised that they'd redesigned 5-man heroics to effectively be the max level normal dungeons of this expansion, so hadn't immediately queued when I hit 90.

That said as a windwalker monk at the bare minimum ilevel for heroic 5 mans I'm finding myself doing around 35k, + or - a few k depending on boss mechanics. This is in pretty much all questing greens and the occasional blue.

The OP's group was not lvl 90 but lvl 87, expecting that level to preform with these numbers is a bit ridiculous. Calm down Francis, your all fabulous.........

10+ Year Old Account
    just did a normal shado-pan monastery last fight dps was, we all level 87 about so I didn't outgear anyone or anything.

me - 24.5k dps - 56% damage done
    tank - -10k dps -
    elemental shaman - 4.5k dps
    destruction warlock -2.8k dps

as you can imagine it took ages, luckily we had a monk healer but was basically ooming big time

You (and me) can look forward to more party kicks due to criticising, too. Sad.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Just because you weren't, it doesn't mean others didn't?

Those were the days of armour pen. Those were such glorious days.

10+ Year Old Account
    2.8k? That's like.. Barely more than my level 70 warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
    Just because you weren't, it doesn't mean others didn't?

Those were the days of armour pen. Those were such glorious days.
    Of course they were. But they still weren't doing 19-21k on Saurfang. Especially before the 30% buff. There's exaggerating your dps, and then there's just plain bullshitting.