Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

here is the question .. storm bolt do 100% wep damage and 300% if the target is permanently immune to stun ( like raid boss ) where is better to use avatar where BB and where storm bolt?!

10+ Year Old Account
    As DPS I took SB for Ergelon (Spelling?) because of the movement, it gives you something to press when closing in on adds etc. Other fights I think they're both good.
    Warlock (SL main)

From what I've read, on a stand still, hit the boss, fight Avatar is better. You can use it once in the beginning, once halfway through, and once during the Execute phase. I, personally, don't like it though. I've had a few situations of bad rng (or last night popping it right before the 1st boss in Heart of Fear flies off to another platform) where it gets wasted and then has a 3 minute cooldown.

Bloodbath is slightly less dps, but on a one minute CD can be used on every trash pack. When you're on a boss, it's nice to know that you can have 1 bad setup, but it's ok because you'll have 6 or 7 more.

Storm Bolt actually kindof surprised me. I was expecting it to be absolutely useless but 200k hits every 30 seconds is a nice little bonus. It's great for PvP and amazing for farming motes and meat on Vot4W turtles.

It's great for PvP
    >Great

>PvP

HA!

Maybe with the Avatar nerf. Personally I think if they're removing 2/3 of the things the ability does (Slow/Root immunity, +Rage Gen). They should reduce the cooldown by at least 50% for it to be halfway useful in PvP.

Anywho, I think Storm Bolt would be better if they either increased the stun to 5 seconds, or made it always do 300% wep dmg for some strong burst on a slightly longer CD, let's say 45 sec so it's even with Deep Freeze.

If they made it do both those things I would love Blizzard forever. I think if Bloodbath's DoT was additive, instead of it acting like a rolling DoT, then it would be a great cooldown.

I feel that, aside from Rogues, Warriors have the worst end-tier talents except for Avatar in it's current state.
    Last edited by Valdemar; 2012-11-02 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    From what I've read, on a stand still, hit the boss, fight Avatar is better. You can use it once in the beginning, once halfway through, and once during the Execute phase. I, personally, don't like it though. I've had a few situations of bad rng (or last night popping it right before the 1st boss in Heart of Fear flies off to another platform) where it gets wasted and then has a 3 minute cooldown.

Bloodbath is slightly less dps, but on a one minute CD can be used on every trash pack. When you're on a boss, it's nice to know that you can have 1 bad setup, but it's ok because you'll have 6 or 7 more.

Storm Bolt actually kindof surprised me. I was expecting it to be absolutely useless but 200k hits every 30 seconds is a nice little bonus. It's great for PvP and amazing for farming motes and meat on Vot4W turtles.
    No, BB is actually better DPS for most fights. SB is situationally better, depending on weapon/gear ETC. I use avatar on elegon, that's it in MV. (For rage gen+execute.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    No, BB is actually better DPS for most fights. SB is situationally better, depending on weapon/gear ETC. I use avatar on elegon, that's it in MV. (For rage gen+execute.)
    Rage shouldn't be an issue during execute on Elegon.

Switch to Berserker Stance during P3 and you get enough rage for execute on almost every GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Rage shouldn't be an issue during execute on Elegon.

Switch to Berserker Stance during P3 and you get enough rage for execute on almost every GCD.
    Depends on what class your healers are. Ours are disc+hpally. Damage is not as constant as say druid and monk. Not to mention that you're still getting 30% more rage-meaning EVERY GCD I can execute.

From my testing so far, SB beats the crap out of the other two, say worst case stormbolt hits for 100k (no crit), which means 200k in a minute at worst, BB never reached so much for me (had like 100k stacked with CDs so it's like 100k per minute, say 150k if you are pro but the next BB while you have CDs on CD will be very low) which means SB still wins by quite a lot and can be much more damage than BB, BB is great when you aoe like mad, avatar is shit and will be even more after the nerf.

Dont forget that SB needs two GCD and BB needs zero!

Deleted
    you`ll just have to try them out yourself and see which works best for you. Atm avatar is the way to go in pvp but with the incoming nerf it will be useless since there is so much cc in the game . poping avatar will turn you into a instant cc target to all enemies and will loose not only the use of avatar but all other cd`s that you might have stacked with avatar . Bloodbath is basically another dot on the target, useless against healers and offheal specs ,i never got it to tick for more than 9k but is worth choosing over avatar since something is better than nothing . Stormbolt well it`s debatable if its totally useless

Deleted
    thanks all ^^ i mean on pve ill try SB on boss to see how much damage i will do with 300% !

Deleted
    u mean 400%

BB is really good. Dragon Roar, Synapse Springs, Deadly Calm and a full rage bar going into a Colossus Smash. Mhmm.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    you`ll just have to try them out yourself and see which works best for you. Atm avatar is the way to go in pvp but with the incoming nerf it will be useless since there is so much cc in the game . poping avatar will turn you into a instant cc target to all enemies and will loose not only the use of avatar but all other cd`s that you might have stacked with avatar . Bloodbath is basically another dot on the target, useless against healers and offheal specs ,i never got it to tick for more than 9k but is worth choosing over avatar since something is better than nothing . Stormbolt well it`s debatable if its totally useless

A range stun on a 30 sec cooldown seems a good thing for pvp, Reckfull currently uses (as far as I've read) SB because it has a short cooldown compared to the other final tier talents.
    Last edited by ati87; 2012-11-03 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    I feel that, aside from Rogues, Warriors have the worst end-tier talents except for Avatar in it's current state.
    Seen the hunter ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    BB is really good. Dragon Roar, Synapse Springs, Deadly Calm and a full rage bar going into a Colossus Smash. Mhmm.
    This right here. Bloodbath gets exponentially better when you use it smartly. Just because it came off CD doesn't mean you should press it. Delaying it a little bit to line it up just before a Full rage bar CS and all your other cool downs will put a good sized peak in your damage breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post

Don't know about you, but my stormbolt averages 250k crits with my current trinkets when colossus isn't in order, while 390k crits when stars align! 400k without modifiers isn't far away tbh! On the same time I still can't get BB to tick more than 30k so as Arms, so I would say SB is indeed the best choice for more overall dps gain.

However for Fury BB can be really good, because you can only use colossus every 20 secs. It means you have to "count every global" while colossus is running, meaning BB wins here if you got crits and crits for nice burst!

Doesn't mean SB would be bad though, but BB is just easier to maximise with fury without wasting any procs on furys rotation.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2012-11-03 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Your feelings are quite simply born out of ignorance. Look at the other classes. Warrior is one of the best, all three choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Your feelings are quite simply born out of ignorance. Look at the other classes. Warrior is one of the best, all three choices.
    Yeah. I read Valdemar's quote and wondered exactly what game he was referring to. 3 completely viable dps gains that are not only awesome but are totally new and offer differences in playstyle and versatility? He must have been a little tired when he posted or a lot drunk.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the people here saying SB or avatar are using STUPID thinking that doesn't belong on these boards. "Oh I see it hit hard while I see BB only tick for 20k. NO. Please. That is not how you theorycraft. A few notes.

1.) Stormbolt requires 2 extra GCD's per minute. In the best case that is no loss- but that won't happen consistently throughout a fight. Nor will it always line up with CS. AND if you're using that SB GCD inside a CS, you're not getting an extra slam there. The tradeoff is huge.

2.) BB is basically an extra 30% damage to yellow attacks. Dragon Roar, Bladestorm, heroic leap, sweeping strikes are all increased. On any AOE fight BB will always beat SB. I can't think of a SINGLE exception. And yes I tested SB w/ sweeping strikes up on garalon's legs. It was less DPS compared to BB by around 2.2% of total damage. As well, BB benefits from all attacks done in its window, whilst SB only benefits from CDs and CS. Meaning that DR->CS->MS->OP+3+stack TfB and leap-> slam back into rotation is higher damage than the same rotation, subbing slam for SB.

3.) Using SB means that a higher % of rage will be spent on HS instead of slam, at least on high incoming rage fights due to berserker stance such as elegon, garalon, garjal, etc. (Havn't run the numbers for no extra rage fights).

4.) Simmed, BB is higher DPS than SB.