Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with coaster is that it only procs from crits, meaning that the chance of it proccing is drastically lower. I know for me, I can go entire recklessness phases and not get the thing to go off. I absolutely cannot wait to get rid of it.

Yeah I was 'blindly' (read: lazy) using the coaster cause it was higher ilvl but the moment I compared ACTUAL uptimes (WoL reports) it became blatantly clear that carbuncle provides higher average values of strength AND crit.

As people have said, timing is a factor worth considering but in a case of coaster vs carbuncle, I think the timing issue is mute since coaster is so damn unreliable.

As an aside, lets all high five over that new rep trinket in 5.1! Lol

Deleted
    I don't get it. If you have 0% miss chance against anything at 7.5% hit what is the point of getting even more hit? What is the benefit of overcapping hit?

Ahhhh...man I played tank for too long. I think I remembered. White hits have a higher cap or was it offhand hits? What is that cap again?

Only thing I found is: http://www.wowpedia.org/Dual_wield. But those values seem outdated.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-11-05 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I don't get it. If you have 0% miss chance against anything at 7.5% hit what is the point of getting even more hit? What is the benefit of overcapping hit?

Ahhhh...man I played tank for too long. I think I remembered. White hits have a higher cap or was it offhand hits? What is that cap again?

Only thing I found is: http://www.wowpedia.org/Dual_wield. But those values seem outdated.
    White swings have a 26.5% chance to miss while dual wielding (both MH and OH)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    White swings have a 26.5% chance to miss while dual wielding (both MH and OH)
    well it seems clear to me as a dw fury warr u reforge to Hit after 7.5% (and assuming 7.5% Exp)

the only question seems to be at what level the hit loses out to Crit - I presume at some point(before the non-spec hit cap) it loses to Crit but it seems gear levels havnt got to that stage yet

if anybody sims the cross over point between Hit & crit would be very interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there would be a crossover between hit and crit but rather one between hit and mastery. This would be because the more crit you have, the higher your enrage uptimes would be and the higher your output would be from mastery up to a 52.5% (don't quote me on this) cap on BT. This is more likely than not unreachable even as tiers progress but there's still a chance. If I ever get time between raiding, school and work ill see what I can do about making a graph of all the values.

I think the more interesting thing to point out is his off-hand enchant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are we even speculating over armory? Which is so easy to change to be incorrect by just equipping something else before logging out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Landsoul is the trolling or misleading armory type of player, and I read in the DPS warrior spreadsheet thread that Windsong is best on your OH according to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I don't think Landsoul is the trolling or misleading armory type of player, and I read in the DPS warrior spreadsheet thread that Windsong is best on your OH according to him.
    either hand It doesn't matter which one, he mentioned these things in his live stream awhile ago as well as saying Carbonic > CCCC and hit>mastery

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzIrl View Post
    well it seems clear to me as a dw fury warr u reforge to Hit after 7.5% (and assuming 7.5% Exp)

the only question seems to be at what level the hit loses out to Crit - I presume at some point(before the non-spec hit cap) it loses to Crit but it seems gear levels havnt got to that stage yet

if anybody sims the cross over point between Hit & crit would be very interesting
    hit loses out to crit at approx 7.25% hit

I know it's a little weak dropping in trinkets, but i'm having a hard time decided between, Darkmaster (equipped) and using the dragonling OR carbunkle. Mrrobot values the dragonling so high...

Deleted
    Dragonling has 1800 rating. Flat. If you put Crit, Hit, Expertise/Mastery in it, it can be a really good starter trinket.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-11-06 at 08:55 AM.

My question about this Hit heavy build that Landsoul seems to be trying is how useful is it for fights when you're in Berserker Stance for a significant portion of the encounter?

On a fight like Heroic Will of the Emperor where I am in Berserker the entire fight, the extra hit isn't all that useful given that my white hits aren't generating most of my rage anyways. Looking forward to the Heroic Heart of Fear fights my uptime on Battle Stance won't be absolute on most of them, so intuitively it seems that the value of additional hit would be diminished.
    Chapterhouse#1107
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    I think the more interesting thing to point out is his off-hand enchant.
    According to his testing, Dancing Steel + Windsong is the best weapon enchant setup. It doesn't matter too much which enchant you have on which weapon but you should not have double Dancing Steel or double Windsong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    According to his testing, Dancing Steel + Windsong is the best weapon enchant setup. It doesn't matter too much which enchant you have on which weapon but you should not have double Dancing Steel or double Windsong.
    I'd like to see some actual math behind this because I don't really see a reason for this to be true. Especially as SMF where Crit isn't even equal to Strength on stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    I am also interested in seeing some logic behind (500 crit + 500 mastery + 500 haste) > 1650 str

Running myself through SimCraft once with double Dancing Steel and once with one Dancing Steel and one Windsong yielded interesting results. Double Dancing Steel was 189 DPS higher than Windsong. That isn't what was interesting to me, though. What is interesting is that gap is much smaller than I suspected it would be.

That is a very small gap indeed. I'm very interested in this myself, could windsong be a better OH enchant?

Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    Running myself through SimCraft once with double Dancing Steel and once with one Dancing Steel and one Windsong yielded interesting results. Double Dancing Steel was 189 DPS higher than Windsong. That isn't what was interesting to me, though. What is interesting is that gap is much smaller than I suspected it would be.
    It may be related to SMF somehow, or even at higher item levels Windsong takes over? I don't see why that would be the case, but I'm a 480 ilvl, and TG (for lack of one handed drops, and my preference to the aesthetics) and with 10,000 iterations for each test one with Windsong in my OH, and one with Dancing Steel in my OH, it showed Windsong being 75,598, and Dancing Steel as 75,953.