Poll: Do you actually believe all these "help with girl/girlfriend" threads that pop up ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Last time I checked, this was General Off-Topic, not General MMO talk - meaning people can talk about whatever crosses their minds.

So yeah, I think most of these threads are legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I would venture to guess that most of the low-post count posters made a new account to be more anonymous.

It also makes more sense to ask here for relationship help rather than some other site. Gamers kind of have unique requirements that other people don't understand ("Duh, video games are dumb, just quit them") and are also a bit more socially awkward than "normal people," so it makes sense to ask similar people what their experience has been.
    Bolded the main part imo.
    Its true, I've asked for relationship advice in the past on these forums before, and probably will again.

I was homeschooled and play video games, I'm about as socially awkward as they come, so having a community such as this one that will answer truthfully and helpfully is great, and helped advance one of my former relationships(ended through no fault of anything at MMO-C, just time)

I also didn't have as many IRL friends back when I asked before so this was about the only place for me to turn, now I have many more than before and look to them for advice before coming here.

I voted yes, but I'm sure there are some just posting to post not actually having the issues irl, but I believe most are real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i lift beers!
    Coors curls?
    Putin khuliyo

I'd have to consult my magic crystal ball on that first.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Coors curls?
    bubbly piss? no thank you. yeungling please

I know the heart's in the right place, but my beer snobness makes me gaffaw when I see people hate on one macro lager in favor of another macro lager

Quickly, get ye a Founder's Breakfast Stout!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I know the heart's in the right place, but my beer snobness makes me gaffaw when I see people hate on one macro lager in favor of another macro lager

Quickly, get ye a Founder's Breakfast Stout!
    honestly not a huge beer fan, i find what i like and stick with it. cant stand coors, bud, or miller. which is too bad, all 3 of them are typically cheaper

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say %50 are real, and the others are just trolls or fantasizing.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

honestly not a huge beer fan, i find what i like and stick with it. cant stand coors, bud, or miller. which is too bad, all 3 of them are typically cheaper
    No worries, I'm not actually a hater on any beer. Give me the right situation, and I'll happily take a Bud (although I don't like light beers at all). I feel like the final step of beer nerddom is embracing all beers and not being a dick to others

LOL at option 3. Definitely choosing that one.

Meh probably around half of those treads I believe. Some of them are blatant attention seekers, but some seem legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No worries, I'm not actually a hater on any beer. Give me the right situation, and I'll happily take a Bud (although I don't like light beers at all). I feel like the final step of beer nerddom is embracing all beers and not being a dick to others
    lol. i really dont care what others drink, i just know what i'll drink. truth is, the only reason i drink beer instead of hard stuff is to control how much/fast i drink. im just too fucking retarded when i drink too much. it's now down to a very occasional unwinding when i get a 6 pack

10+ Year Old Account
    I only picked coors for the alliteration lol.

Coors, bud, miller, they suck.
    Putin khuliyo

lol. i really dont care what others drink, i just know what i'll drink. truth is, the only reason i drink beer instead of hard stuff is to control how much/fast i drink. im just too fucking retarded when i drink too much. it's now down to a very occasional unwinding when i get a 6 pack
    I can't lie... I care. I always want to introduce people to new stuff. I really, really feel like there's a beer for everyone, even if they don't know it yet, and I feel like there's a better beer for everyone, and they just need to find it! I really, really enjoy beer though...

I'm just posting to say thank you to the dude going on about airplanes and boats. For some reason I found it so funny I'm laughing about it 15 minutes now.
    The fact that im utterly drunk does not contribute to me finding it funny. Well maybe a bit.

OT: Why not? This is the perfect place to get many opinions about stuff in general, why not go for personal stuff as well? Does it even matter if it's not real?

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 05:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Bolded the main part imo.
    Its true, I've asked for relationship advice in the past on these forums before, and probably will again.

I was homeschooled and play video games, I'm about as socially awkward as they come, so having a community such as this one that will answer truthfully and helpfully is great, and helped advance one of my former relationships(ended through no fault of anything at MMO-C, just time)

Well thing is that RPGs and MMORPGs are an escape from the reality (think whiskey and drugs :P) and they tend to attract people that want to escape, me included.

I also didn't have as many IRL friends back when I asked before so this was about the only place for me to turn, now I have many more than before and look to them for advice before coming here.

I voted yes, but I'm sure there are some just posting to post not actually having the issues irl, but I believe most are real.
    Well thing is that RPGs and MMORPGs are an escape from the reality (think whiskey and drugs :P) and they tend to attract people that want to escape, myself included.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2012-11-03 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    I'm just posting to say thank you to the dude going on about airplanes and boats. For some reason I found it so funny I'm laughing about it 15 minutes now.
    The fact that im utterly drunk does not contribute to me finding it funny. Well maybe a bit.

OT: Why not? This is the perfect place to get many opinions about stuff in general, why not go for personal stuff as well? Does it even matter if it's not real?

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 05:26 AM ----------

Well thing is that RPGs and MMORPGs are an escape from the reality (think whiskey and drugs :P) and they tend to attract people that want to escape, myself included.
    Oh I can completely understand that, But as you said in your post, Why not go for personal assistance with people that come from all walks of life.
    I too like to escape sometimes, That's when I can be found grinding out about 50 heroics or BG's in a row... >.> Not reading a forum :P

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I liek airplains
    The bigger the better imo. I'm in love with a 747.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Oh I can completely understand that, But as you said in your post, Why not go for personal assistance with people that come from all walks of life.
    I too like to escape sometimes, That's when I can be found grinding out about 50 heroics or BG's in a row... >.> Not reading a forum :P

I wasn't trying to contradict myself, rather try to emphasize but, oh well, whiskey happened :P

I remember a really touching "help with a boy thread" from a while ago. If I remember correctly the guy was from Eastern Europe and he liked one of his guy friends and he wasn't sure what he could do. Unlike most of the posts in a usual "girlfriend help" threads it was actually filled with thoughtful, useful and very encouraging responses. To use a cliched expression, it's one of the threads that restored my faith in the humanity of the posters here.

That being said, some of the girl help threads do seem a little phoney or over the top. I don't mind that though. If I feel I can contribute in a meaningful way I will. I'm not particularly bothered if it is an attempt to troll or not, just because of the chance it isn't and someone genuinely needs advice.

Deleted
    I think most are real. People come for help here since people here don't know them in real life, so they get unbiased suggestions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Because it's a nice anonymous place to ask. No one will judge you for asking, no one will point and laugh, and most answers will be genuine.
    Oh, no. We're laughing. We're laughing a lot. We just keep it to ourselves
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow