Tanking weapons.

I have been searching through all the raid loot and the best weapons I can find for tanking are the 1hand axe off Elegon, and the 1hand sword off the Sha of Fear.

Neither of which has dodge or parry, Have any tanks won the 1h axe off Elegon yet? since Terrence isn't even out yet, that is the only 1hander we are access too, will the loot system in LFR even consider tanks an option for that axe?

10+ Year Old Account
    It will.

and remember that only 2 of the 5 tanking classes use sword and board.

Plus one of those 2 prefers hit/exp/haste/mastery to dodge and parry anyway. Elegon axe has great itemization for prot pallies.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    It will.

and remember that only 2 of the 5 tanking classes use sword and board.
    ya but rogues/shamans and warriors all use the axe as well for 1 handers, so I wasn't sure if it was considered a dps weapon.

I wasn't aware that rogues/shamans use strength.

There is also this one from amber-shaper un'sok: http://www.wowhead.com/item=86219, it should be good enough.

There were never many tanking weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Deleted
    Hit, exp and mastery are tanking stats for 1h. Paladins will say haste it's too. Better than parry/dodge in fact.

Mastery/hit and exp/hit are both nice itemized for warriors. And I'm pretty sure they are for paladins as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackspark View Post
    There is also this one from amber-shaper un'sok: http://www.wowhead.com/item=86219, it should be good enough.
    That`s like in next patch , Mr funny guy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonael View Post
    That`s like in next patch , Mr funny guy
    amber-shaper un'sok is the 5th HoF boss, which is out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    ya but rogues/shamans and warriors all use the axe as well for 1 handers, so I wasn't sure if it was considered a dps weapon.
    Rogues/shamans don't use strength, thus it will never show up on there loot table thingy magig blizzard got going and no it's not considred a dps weapon, because the 2h sword dropped for my guilds blood dk when he was tanking LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    amber-shaper un'sok is the 5th HoF boss, which is out now.
    meh soz about that , didnt know had to check wiki

Normal mode opens October 30, 2012, first Raid Finder part and Heroic modes open on November 6, 2012, and second Raid Finder part open on November 13, 2012. Raid Finder difficulty will require an average item level of 470.