Deleted

a word of advice for anyone who does LFR and knows the tactics

This is not aimed at the idiot who does LFR the first time, does below the tank in DPS and falls down the pit in elegon on the first transition (or, god knows why, before the boss even is pulled). this is for the player who knows the tactics, can perform well and has been there before.

if you are the second type of player, and you think you are up for the task, next time you're in LFR as DPS (or maybe even as healer), ask for leadership and try to be a leader. it will really help the raid. if you even find yourself as the leader without asking for it, try to lead as well.

with leading the raid, i mean the following:

1. call out when to use BL or timewarp
    2. announce kill orders on will of the emperor using raidwarning.
    3. mark the adds to kill on will of the emperor.
    4. mark the location where the tanks should tank the Xi mobs.
    5. encourage the raid to kill the Elegon adds.
    6. anything else you can think of

I've done this and more, 2 times so far this week (wanted to spend charms on elegon for starshatter), and both times, the raid went really smooth:

the first time, i only did it for Will of the Emperor, because we already wiped once. we took them down with only 1 death (I failed at the combo dance somewhat with no heals), really smooth add kills and titan gas phases with nearly no adds up.
    the second time, I asked lead between spirit kings and elegon. result: 10 stacks of the elegon buff in total, elegon at 30% during the burn phase and overall a really smooth kill with only 4 deaths, all from the platform, and one of those even acknowledged that he was dumb. and during will of the emperor, we again had smooth add kills, no adds up during titan gas, BL used on the first titan gas and only 1 hiccup, when a tank died right before a combo and he started a combo right on top of the range. however, that was at around 6% and we still managed to down him without wiping.

This is what i'm talking about: a leader in LFR, someone who announces what to kill, where to stand and can successfully keep an overview of the situation without making big mistakes, such a person can make a rather big difference, especially on the bosses where doing it right is more important than pushing big numbers.

So next time you're in LFR and you think you are up to the task, give it a shot and try to lead the raid. mark what to kill, mark where to stand, mark the tanks, announce kill orders, make use of raid warnings, raid icons and raid flags. it can and will make a difference, because even a raid lead by someone who has no experience leading is better than a raid lead by noone at all.

People don't even care what room they are in. People don;t care who else is in the Raid. People just don;t care. I can bet some of the guys who fall in the pit wanted to. It easy to go AFK when you are dead.

I for one, don;t even make a sound in LFR. I just do my job and try to get to the next boss. If you think, which your suggestion surely states, that I should put my neck in the "Vote Kick" noose you are mistaken.

In LFR Anonymity is essential. "Leading" just gets you kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know...I do this stuff. No one listens.

Last night in LFR, I was a healer. I explained the Spirit Kings. No one paid attention. I said "Don't use Howling Blast if you're a DK on Maddening Shout". Both did, killing a good portion of the raid with four different diseases ticking away on everyone. This is after telling them more than once. Then, the next trash on the way to Elegon 5 people died due to no one being willing to group up for healing/dispels. Know what the tank does? The second the trash dies, even with 5 people down and all healers OOM, he pulls the entire rest of the hall...

...come on. Being a leader is no guarantee that you'll get a group that actually listens.

True Darsithis, being a "good" leader in LFR doesn't mean that peoples will listen to you and do what you say. Most of them don't even read the chat even if they don't know the tacts.

MSV LFR has been out long enough now that if people don't know what they're doing, they don't care to know. Leadership is good for the first few weeks. After that, the people who care know the tactics and perform "well", and the people who don't care will fail no matter what.

A quick 5s explanation of the fight and a few calls during the fight will help when HoF LFR and ToES LFR come out. After awhile, it becomes futile.

True, some people just won't listen, but some will. And sometimes, just sometimes, it will encourage someone to ask a question. And if that question is answered respectfully then sometimes, and I know this is shocking, but sometimes...others will support the respectful tone and offer to help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    This is not aimed at the idiot who does LFR the first time
    Way to start a post, calling people idiots because they have not done certain content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jido View Post
    Way to start a post, calling people idiots because they have not done certain content.
    i'm not just referring to "first time players" as idiots. indeed, everyone has a first time. i'm talking about the person who just performs badly (so any idiot) and decides to do LFR for the first time. i'm not referring to them as idiots because they do LFR the first time, i'm referring to the idiotic players among the playerbase (who many of us encounter daily or weekly) who do the content for the first time.. maybe shouldn't have called them idiots, but this is not aimed at those who do the raid the first time, because those likely don't know the tactics.

Deleted
    Doesn't always work, people rarely pay attention and, tbh, half the fights you can just trample all over the mechanics (you can AoE tank all the dogs together in first boss and you can AoE tank and nuke down the P1 add in elegon right next to the boss too, for instance).

What people should know is not to fall in Elegon's pit and nuke down the adds in WoE. And the tanks should know how to use the extra button in Feng.

But... Why would only a healer or dps be able to pull this (since the OP specifically mentioned those two roles)?

Peoples are just stubborn and they think they're smarter than everyone else and doing whatever they want to (in most cases stupid things) .

A good tl;dr is "just don't be a jerk "

I try to lead a bit if it's clear most of the group hasn't done the fight. The problem is when there's a wipe, some people leave and more people who don't know what to do join. Explain again and again until we finally get it. I'm not a tank though so I don't get to "direct" things as much as I would want to.

So now I just make sure to queue with two tanks I know every time I've done that, we never had any wipes.

Deleted
    I get that you guys think that players in LFR mostly do their own thing. however, i've noticed that, at least in the groups i've been in, a lot of people are helped by the guidance of another, more veteran player. as i've mentioned in the OP, if you make clear that you've raided this before and that you will assign targets, there are a number of people who actually take heed of that. And i'm not talking about micromanaging the raid cooldowns or something like that. i'm talking about just doing 1 or 2 raidwarnings about kill orders where it's needed, and some marking of skulls and Xes. most players will automatically attack anything that has a skull on it, even if they don't know why.

and Grimord, while in some situations a tank can handle the marking and warnings during downtime, on fights like Will, both tanks need to worry about the dance and their active mitigation. and while i mentioned a healer, if they lose attention to their healing, people die and that's often worse than bad add management. a DPS (melee or ranged doesn't matter), especially in LFR, will more easily be able to mark targets and post raidwarnings, because usually a DPS doesn't get in life threatening situations when they look around a bit in search of the right target to mark, or stop DPS'ing a moment to type a quick raidwarning. it takes like 1-2 seconds to type /rw Courage when a courage spawns, and that's really the only situation in which you'll need to type a warning mid combat.