84 20.34%

145 35.11%

93 22.52%
  • 5 - Great people, awesomely friendly community

23 5.57%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoW - MMO-C a horrible community?

There is always so much talk about WoW having the worst possible online community ever... That nothing in the game can be designed around social dynamics because everyone are "dicks" etc.

Does this also reflect upon the Mmo-champion forum community then? Reasonably the forum community of the worst possible gaming community should reflect this, right?

met enough douches, but also a lot of friendly people.
    would say its pretty much in the middle so i picked, seen better but also worse

Same as the real world, bulk population are scumbags.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    The problem is the culture of WoW in itself.

It's "anything that goes" you expect in a deathmatch FPS game, not the community pulls together social networking of a MMO.

It breeds greed and ego, to the extent it ruins a community most players like to associate with (mimicking RL). It's why PuGs/PuRs in this game are just awful at times, as the game isn't design for the social aspect (the view is guilds are for that itself).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Gave it a 4. Just got to look in the right places and you'll find friendly people. Usually the dicks in community's are 12 year olds who think their good at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    There is always so much talk about WoW having the worst possible online community ever... That nothing in the game can be designed around social dynamics because everyone are "dicks" etc.

Does this also reflect upon the Mmo-champion forum community then? Reasonably the forum community of the worst possible gaming community should reflect this, right?
    Nothing wrong with ingame community, you just have to engage yourself in the sub-communities like realms and guilds and raidgroups.

This website in particular suffers from the fact that a lot of people come here to nerdrage incoherently and unconstructively after they get banned for nerdraging incoherently and unconstructively on the official forums though.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Firstly, If you think that WoW community is bad you probably should play some Moba games. [HoN, LoL, Dota2]

And how MMO-Champion is moderated helps to filter out dicks too. Very free environment for discussion while
    having a strict policy against personal attacks...

Only forum I've seen with more "friendly" community so far has been Teamliquid which is a direct result of having
    Nazi level of moderation where any kind of strong language is strictly punished which destroys the whole meaning
    of a forum as any meaningful topic will have some heat during the discussion.

So yea, 5 from me. MMO-champ community is as good as it could be.

The one thing I don't get the most about the mmoc/wow community is how much people get massively offended over something that doesn't really affect them. An example is say when people ask for vanilla servers, people will literally start foaming at the mouth to call it a bad idea when it seems to me, if you don't like it just don't play on it and get on with your life?

There is a lot of good info on here though if you know where to look. The site in general is very informative.

p.s I probably won't check this thread again and people will reply something like BUT IT TAKES RESOURCES AWAY FROM THINGS I WANT!!1 like Blizzard are some poor ass company that can't afford to do more than one thing at once. I don't even want vanilla servers for the record, or rather, I wouldn't play on them.

This is immeasurable.

You have not encountered everyone in this community and you cannot judge an entire community based on a few people or experiences. Just like the "WoW has the worst possible online community ever" is inaccurate, so will this be.

If I visited a college in America and spoke to 3 stupid people is it fair to assume everyone in America is stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    This is immeasurable.

You have not encountered everyone in this community and you cannot judge an entire community based on a few people or experiences. Just like the "WoW has the worst possible online community ever" is inaccurate, so will this be.

If I visited a college in America and spoke to 3 stupid people is it fair to assume everyone in America is stupid?
    As an American myself...

...Yes.

The WoW community is a lot better than the moba or FPS communities when it comes to things like losing tempers, raging, swearing, insulting people etc.

I've made some fantastic friends in WoW and I've made some great friends here too and overall I like both the MMO and the WoW community... can't say I've ever hated anyone on either, sometimes I'm a bit disappointed in people but that goes for humanity in general, not a specific gaming community :P
    Moderator of Professions & Garrisons | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

MMO-C isn't the forum community of WoW.

That's on the official forums.

I think this is clear enough.

And there are far worse places to hang out on the internet than the WoW community-related sites.
    Last edited by Wolfsage; 2012-11-04 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Golden middle road: 3
    There are douches but there are pleasant people too ^_^

Gooby pls...|スター・ゴージャス・プリンセス・キス!|Shittiest MAL

People need to realise the internet as a whole is a bad community.

Aside from Class Forum , Advice for Raids and -possibly- some lore discussion i'd say this Forum as been goin down hill for quite some time sadly. And i dont mean the information on the front page, Chad and boub do amazing job i mean the discussions here are 95% crying/complaning which is not plesant to be honest.

I voted a 3.
    The forum attracts some rather strange persons sometimes.
    Like the ones that think they have the right to complain about everything in game even though they haven't even played it for two years, for example.

On the other hand my main is a priest, and no matter where I go, I feel the priest community always is a 5, even here on MMO-C!

Here? I'd say 4/5 for niceness as a lot of the idiots are filtered out by strict moderation. The official forums are probably worse than in-game but even US Sargeras is at most a 3/5 - this server does have a lot of idiots and douchebags but you can still find nice people, and just as in any situation the mean/idiotic people get way more attention than the nice people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I'd also rank MMO-C as middle of the spectrum. While most of the threads I read are full of useful information from good people there are also numbers threads with people trolling or the large amount of posts remaining from people with their names red and crossed out because they've been banned.

Yes.

Though outside of the General Off-Topic and the wehh I'm bad and my class is broke in pvp forum, the people are generally a lot nicer and less stupid than they are on the actual battle.net site. But that's only because there aren't moderators who only action posters on one or two parts of the site.
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy

Yes. You're all awful. Ugh. Worst people ever.