Thread: The BMAH Scam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    True, but not if you're on a PVP-server.
    That restriction hasn't been in place since at least Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I've seen one of the cats from Elwynn Forest be sold for over 120k.

I so want to know who it was who bought it xD
    QFT (apart from the slight error in price). Anachronos EU, Cat Carrier - Bombay, sold for 115,000g. I was hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    QFT (apart from the slight error in price). Anachronos EU, Cat Carrier - Bombay, sold for 115,000g. I was hysterical.
    It has to be mistakes in the bidding or a bug reason why you should be extremly careful when you bid

if i just spent 120k on that damn cat by accident i swear i would prolly go apeshit and the thing is blizz wont do shit about it

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    True, but not if you're on a PVP-server.
    Yes, in a PvP server. You're not flagged in your starting zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    That restriction hasn't been in place since at least Cataclysm.
    Since WotLK, actually.WAY BEFORE cata. It was lifted when they introduced faction change.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Faction_change
    Last edited by Buu; 2012-11-04 at 04:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    im saving my 999k gold for invinsible D:

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Better make sure you bid on the right item before you press bid or you will be crying for a fortnight

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    mimirons head for me, reminds me of dr robotnik from mega man

the true scam is people spending close to the gold cap for 503 belts or bracers you can get for free by actually killing heroic modes...not to mention, terrace/heart of fear offer even better gear: why spend so much on something that wont be bis for long? get a darkmoon card, much better investment.

10k on a siamese cat carrier, or 500k on bracers, whats the bigger ripoff, if you raid?

few folks got into a bidding was for obsidian hatchling on our server, ended up selling at around 200k+ gold.. unsure who the actual buyer/bidders were but I was rather amazed that people wouldn't check something out first before bidding on it;o

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    the true scam is people spending close to the gold cap for 503 belts or bracers you can get for free by actually killing heroic modes...not to mention, terrace/heart of fear offer even better gear: why spend so much on something that wont be bis for long? get a darkmoon card, much better investment.

10k on a siamese cat carrier, or 500k on bracers, whats the bigger ripoff, if you raid?
    Each to their own, they have the gold to spend so why not spend it. Not to mention maybe said player is really unlucky with drops.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Realm first guilds will buy that gear for progression purposes, cause it's better to have the best possible gear you can get BEFORE you step into a raid. Plus if that item drops again, unless you're the only person who can use it in the raid, it will go to someone else in the raid for a result of 2 near BiS pieces in the raid rather than 1.

These items are bought by hard core guilds who strive for world and realm firsts

those guilds have unlimited amounts of gold and any advantage they can get they will snap it up no matter the price

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Each to their own, they have the gold to spend so why not spend it. Not to mention maybe said player is really unlucky with drops.
    I don't think that is a "scam" or "bad business" too... It's just the players choice between time or money invested on the item. Not like the cat carrier where the time and money of the normal mode is hundreds of times smaller than the one in BMAH.

I guess BMAH's only use is to stop people from selling gold to Chinese farmers. I wouldn't, because you can only get upwards to $800 with 1 million gold. That's like nothing. Well it is if you have a steady source of income.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Scams" like this happen on the live AH, too.

I remember selling whichever raptor hatchling was in Breanni's pet store for 2-3x its vendor cost several times before people caught on and it stopped selling.

Heck, I remember seeing people selling stacks of ICC ammo in 100s instead of the full 1000-stack for *slightly* lower prices, and people actually bought those, because they didn't check the number of 0s in the stack size. One of my friends did that a lot. It seemed even more jerk-ish than the hatchling thing, so I never did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post

Was on my AH a few weeks ago.

I wonder if it's some kind of elaborate... scam.... too sad to formulate as an actual purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I wonder if it's some kind of elaborate... scam.... too sad to formulate as an actual purchase.
    Some poor sap was prolly bidding on the drake LOL he will have a pleasant surprise in his mail box

WoW needed a gold sink badly. While it saddens me to see unique pets/mounts trivialized even further, there is no disputing this as the single most effective gold sink they've ever come up with.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    WoW needed a gold sink badly. While it saddens me to see unique pets/mounts trivialized even further, there is no disputing this as the single most effective gold sink they've ever come up with.
    I'd rather have a functioning economy that isn't crazy inflated. gold sinks are a very good thing and the BMAH does a great job
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Must we always worry about what other people do with their time?