Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    I've still not run into this "CRZ MAKES MATS HARD TO FIND".

    I leveled up mining/herbing without any issue.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

  2. #382
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston Maxtor View Post
    Why does everyone on this board have the argument skills of a 6 year old? Seriously, what the fuck part of your brain said that retarded rubber-glue arguments like this are a good idea? Or the endless strawman and rhetoric always streaming out in these topics.
    In case you haven't noticed, that wasn't an argument. I've just copied the text I quoted and switched the words. So, yeah, that compliment is basically going to someone else

  3. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

    1) I personally LOVE having the option of dailies to grind instead of just wearing a tabbard and mindlessly running dungeons.
    If I wish to grind solo I can, with no queues or anything. I've also been forced into meeting some new people again through grouping up for dailies, rather than just sitting in a city and spam dungeons.
    Not only that, but the rewards that come from all these factions (mounts/pets etc) are much more motivation than just a dungeon gear grind to keep going with them.
    If you don't like dailies, just don't do them all You are limited with the amount of Valor you can earn a week for the rewards anyways, so work out what you need and how much you can get away with doing.

    2) If you're getting ganked then that means you rolled on a PvP realm, so this was entirely your choice.
    I actually hate PvP, but rolled on a PvP realm due to friends being there. You're right with this bringing the gankings back, but ya know what?? I fricken love that too. It felt like a single player game for a lot of cata if I ever ventured out from a city. Now I'm meeting people X-Realm that might be farming the same pets as me, or same rep and we instantly have something to talk about.
    Before I could just head out, do my shizzle then fly black, all fairly mindlessly. Now I'm having to pay attention to my surroundings, watch where that Ally is and maybe even have some spontaneous PvP. Yes it can be frustrating if they're killing you as you've found a rare, or waiting for a Q spawn but pfft. That's our fault for sucking at PvP, not the games :P

    3) As I said I don't really PvP, so can't give my opinion here. But based on 99.9% of others, it's the same as it's always been :P
    + Consider it's still pretty early days. Read blue/patch notes and you'l see they are still ironing out a TON of creases.
    Last edited by Roxy; 2012-11-05 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling, doh!

  4. #384
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    ..and you can judge design decisions on the basis of you having worked on or designed some other MMO that has been groundbreaking or is it just your taste?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  5. #385
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    1) I personally LOVE having the option of dailies to grind instead of just wearing a tabbard and mindlessly running dungeons.
    If I wish to grind solo I can, with no queues or anything. I've also been forced into meeting some new people again through grouping up for dailies, rather than just sitting in a city and spam dungeons.
    Not only that, but the rewards that come from all these factions (mounts/pets etc) are much more motivation than just a dungeon gear grind to keep going with them.
    If you don't like dailies, just don't do them all You are limited with the amount of Valor you can ear a week for the rewards anyways, so work out what you need and how much you can get away with doing.
    You got more than gear grind out of tabard rep. You got the faction gear but the factions in cata also had other things on them primarily enchants. Having said that I see no reason that system can't accomodate people who like dailies and people who like dungeons. Nobody I know or few people I know are calling for the removal of dailies. At least in so far as they present the only path way to gear. Thats mostly what people want changed. I have other objections to dailies but those are personal and not really anything that is shared or really all that important.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  6. #386
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I've still not run into this "CRZ MAKES MATS HARD TO FIND".

    I leveled up mining/herbing without any issue.
    Same here. I am literally shitting ores and herbs, pardon my french. Not one competed node..and if you see somebody heading for a node you covet, shrug it off, take the one next to it. In no way is it like the Uldum Elementium / Pyrium hassle....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You got more than gear grind out of tabard rep. You got the faction gear but the factions in cata also had other things on them primarily enchants. Having said that I see no reason that system can't accomodate people who like dailies and people who like dungeons. Nobody I know or few people I know are calling for the removal of dailies. At least in so far as they present the only path way to gear. Thats mostly what people want changed. I have other objections to dailies but those are personal and not really anything that is shared or really all that important.
    Well they removed the enchants as people complained that they dictated which factions they had to grind with first. So this is a positive change, you can have your shoulder enchants from the AH on a freshly dinged 90.
    I can see where you're coming from, but this is exactly how I'm finding it at the mo. I went full-blown daily quest mad for a couple of weeks. Now I can chill a bit, and run a mixture of dungeons to get the VP up, and maybe 2 factions of dailies for the Rep.

    Edit: Also, the only reason I had so many dailies at the start is due to wanting the mounts from Anglers/Cloud Serpant/Tillers.
    If you're only after gear I see no reason to grind more than the Klaxxi & GL,.. then eventually SP & AC which to me doesn't seem like much at all.
    Last edited by Roxy; 2012-11-05 at 10:05 AM.

  8. #388
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    Well first off, most people are not just interested in PVP...
    Dailies? Well if you expected hundreds of different quests each day, that says more about your mindset than the game really. there are plenty of different quests and quest sets. And of course they get tedious after a while, but then you just don't do them...

    You may thinkit's the worst ever, I think it's one of the best and it might even become the best one in my opinion, just have to wait til we come full circle and I can pass final judgment.

  9. #389
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Well they removed the enchants as people complained that they dictated which factions they had to grind with first. So this is a positive change, you can have your shoulder enchants from the AH on a freshly dinged 90.
    I can see where you're coming from, but this is exactly how I'm finding it at the mo. I went full-blown daily quest mad for a couple of weeks. Now I can chill a bit, and run a mixture of dungeons to get the VP up, and maybe 2 factions of dailies for the Rep.
    To be honest I would have preferred the old system. Let's be honest though you were never FORCED to grind for those rep enchants. In fact anyone saying you were is also basically saying you are forced to do dailies for coins or the valor gear or whatever else is on them because it provides such a huge advantage.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #390
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    They're not essential. If you PvP you don't need to do them and if you PvE you don't need to do them to kill Mogu'shan Vaults or Heart of Fear. The Heroic Instance 5 Man Dungeon Loot is more then enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    How? People have been complaining the world felt empty and it did. Now it is populated again. If you're being ganked, don't be on a PvP Server. I never abuse people for what time they started playing WoW, but you clearly didn't play in Classic / Burning Crusade as you'd be aware that Ganking & World PvP was rife back then! If you don't want it, move off to another server.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    PVP is a complete disaster.
    This must be your first expansion launch. It is always like this. Always. The only difference is that the new class is not dominating like a king! The balance issues are being resolved, and there are ways around the major imbalances in PvP. Disarm Warriors, Stun Beastmaster Pets & Crowd Control the Mages. There is always a way!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    1I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    Because it is awesome?

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    Cool opinion bro. That's kind of the point. So many people like this xpac because they have a different opinion than you. GG.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

  12. #392
    How about let people play what they wanna play?

    I don't see why people play Guild Wars 2, as it's the most terrible game I have played in the last time

    I don't see why people still play Swtor, as it was the worst game at start...

    see? my Opinions, no one cares.

  13. #393
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    To be honest I would have preferred the old system. Let's be honest though you were never FORCED to grind for those rep enchants. In fact anyone saying you were is also basically saying you are forced to do dailies for coins or the valor gear or whatever else is on them because it provides such a huge advantage.
    It doesn't though. Getting fully enchanted gear is often a requirement of being in a Raiding Guild. This meant that I had to farm Therazane in order to get the Shoulder Enchants. Now however, because the only benefit I get from Valor is my own chance on loot, I don't need to do them. The Valor Point Gear is good, but you can easily do the entire of Tier 14 in Heroic Blues.

  14. #394
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It doesn't though. Getting fully enchanted gear is often a requirement of being in a Raiding Guild. This meant that I had to farm Therazane in order to get the Shoulder Enchants. Now however, because the only benefit I get from Valor is my own chance on loot, I don't need to do them. The Valor Point Gear is good, but you can easily do the entire of Tier 14 in Heroic Blues.
    And getting valor gear isn't?
    And getting charms isn't?
    And getting the recipes isn't?

    If you don't think any of those things are requirements in any guild then you don't raid. PERIOD. Nothing is forced in this game raider or not or everything is forced. I don't accept your nuance.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  15. #395
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,105
    *sits back*

    Begun, The flame wars have.

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    1. Agree but only from the PoV of VP capping when outside of raiding I have 0 time on weekdays (5 hours for WoW every night and they're all raiding) and half-day on weekend. You don't have to do them but at least until guild cleared MSV heroic I was behind on gear due to not enough dailies done. Would be nice to have the Exalted epic reward and enchants since they would have helped a lot but now I got better. Also skipped capping on either of my characters for a few weeks since I simply lacked time and there is no way in hell I can cap 2 chars without the VP bonus.
    But these are just minor annoyances, shitty design yes, but still minor. The only real QoL issue is the VP cap since I get more VP from clearing LFR than clearing heroic MSV.

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    *sits back*

    Begun, The flame wars have.
    you're 20 pages too late

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.
    You, as anyone else, should enjoy things you like to expirience ingame, once when joy deminishes change to other game, a better one, wich will please you.
    Not so deep philosophy what I am saying, its man nature to whine when in unsatisfied mood, and you and you only are trigger of changin it positive by any means...

  19. #399
    Dreadlord Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    932
    Already bored of this xPac, even Cata had me going for a longer time because of the redone questing areas.

    It's also very sad that people continue to say that dailies are optional because there are other ways to get gear. Not only gear is hidden behind the DailyGate.

  20. #400
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    And getting valor gear isn't?
    And getting charms isn't?
    And getting the recipes isn't?

    If you don't think any of those things are requirements in any guild then you don't raid. PERIOD. Nothing is forced in this game raider or not or everything is forced. I don't accept your nuance.
    You're contradicting yourself.
    First you say it isn't a requirement, then you say, well, it is, but so is all this other stuff I'm listing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •