Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

*** EDIT*** I do not play WOW, so please stop telling me how to play (play on pve server, dailies are optional etc.)

My final score for this xpac is a 2/10 ( a pretty fair assessment imo , and based on things that im reading I WILL NOT be recommending it to my friends.
    how can you recommend (or not) something you don't play ? and how can you be certain its crap if you don't play ? the logical fallacies are tumbling out.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 07:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    In your opinion*
    when someone says something its usually there opinion unless stated otherwise, or do we now have to end sentences with imo instead of a "."
    Last edited by mmoc3f6b26f27f; 2012-11-07 at 07:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't play wow you have no right to judge an expansion. That's like me saying being the president of the United Staes is easy when I clearly have never even seen the white house in person let alone held office there.

So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

*** EDIT*** I do not play WOW, so please stop telling me how to play (play on pve server, dailies are optional etc.)

My final score for this xpac is a 2/10 ( a pretty fair assessment imo , and based on things that im reading I WILL NOT be recommending it to my friends.
    I agree and disagree.
    1. Agree, why too much.
    2. I don't see anyway it affect MY game play. I'm doing the same things I did before.
    3. Agree, I'm not sure what your reasons are, but when ever I want to PvP I get a team (or the oppisite side) full of bots. Last week I entered WSG with 8 bots in my team. Need to be very lucky to get a real team.

Wow sucks

edit: I don't play wow

take me srsly, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Deleted
    simply no / 10 chars

I have never ever seen an expansion where the casuals is crying so much because blizzard dont give them everything they point at. Why do you even play the game if you just want to login and instantly get everything you ever wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off....I am thinking this is the best content Blizzard has ever done.
    It's not that bad, honestly.
    I've grinded reputation for various factions in classic, farmed tons of items to push it.. it was annoying, but I still continued and I cheered when I was done.
    I've done a lot of quest-chains to unlock daylie quest hubs for netherwings/sha'tari skyguards/ogri'la, because I wanted those mounts.
    I've runned those annoying and sometimes unforgiving 5mans for rep and my shiny badges (yes, badges!). This was without the neat lfg feature, the lfg was called trade chat and we actually used summoning stones.

wrath of the lich king went live and weren't there tons of people who were complaining about how easy everything is?
    almost free rep and epics without close to no effort.
    yes, I sometimes complained about that too, because I liked that horrible daylie/rep/attunement design from classic/tbc but I got used to it.
    cataclysm launched, within the same reputation-grinding structure (hey, equip your tabard and you're good to go!).

now, with mists of pandaria the complaining of various people still exsists. too much grinding, too much daylies, I'm forced to do it yada yada.
    honestly? I was also sick of doing my daylies, my reputation bar was barly moving, but hey - after my stupid realm goes online I'm exalted with all pandaria factions and I can continue on with only those daylies I like to do to get my charms and valor points.
    MoP may not so alt-friendly as the previous expansions, I've reached level 90 on my first toon yesterday and guess what; since it's an alt I'm not really forced to do all the daylies. I'm not even sure if I will ever unlock any of them, to get shiny rewards, mounts and/or the whole plots on the tillers farm because.. it's an alt and I am not forced to do anything.

I still enjoy this expansion, if I would not I'd quit like I did various times during wotlk :|

But hey, those are just my opinions and as we all know, opinions are opinions
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Deleted
    I'm getting so %#&!%"£ sick and tired of people whining about dailies being are mandatory. They are not! You don't need rep to PvP or Raid. You don't need Elder Charms for bonus rolls either. The only reason people talk about dailies as mandatory, is because they are loot whores. I doubt that very many guilds require you to have your weekly amount of Elder Charms for bonus chances, probably only the most hardcore guilds out there, if even. And if no one requires you to, don't do the damn dailies! If you want a BONUS, don't whine about having to earn it! Otherwise it's not a bonus if everyone just gets it, without doing jack shit. Do you get a bonus at work for doing exactly what you always do? No, you get a bonus when you improve, or do something extra.
    There's nothing mandatory in this game, people just make it out to look like it, but you can do whatever the %#&" you want.

If you don't like the aspect of being able to get ganked, I'd suggest not playing on a PvP realm? Whining about CRZ making the chances of getting ganked bigger is just sad, go find yourself an RP/PvE realm. Easy enough. Don't just whine about things you can actively do something to prevent.

"PvP is a complete disaster" isn't an argument. Tell us exactly what is so bad about it before moaning in the forums...
    PvP will always to some extend be imballanced... and you're suprised about that? We got 11 classes, each with a minimum of 3 different specs to chose from, and talents to go along with it. How in the hell do you expect Blizzard being able to make each of these completely ballanced? Pretty hard obviously. The way I see it, usually PvP is ballanced pretty well, and the main thing suggesting that it isn't is the people whining like little kids, if their class isn't overpowered. It honestly seems like, unless hunters are OP, they whine about the game being imballanced. Same goes for every class. Everyone want the advantage, and unless they have it, they feel it's unfair. Let's all aggree that 99% of the people whining about imballanced PvP, is people who generally sucks at it. In PvP you adapt to the situation, also when you have a disadvantage. If you can't do that, first of all you either need more pratice, or to quit PvP all together, and secondly, don't whine about it like a newbie.

This poor kid should start playing singleplayer games only

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't believe all of these people complaining about dailies. They know just like we all know that they're optional. You don't even need to touch them. Especially with HoF LFR handing out free 483 gear, Sha giving out free tier, and on down the line. I think people have this insane control complex about the game. They feel like something like dailies is catering to hardcores (Which it isn't) and they get raged up. Remember the "you can just turn the buff off" argument? Well, you can just not do dailies. It's refreshing having alot of things to do other than sit in SW or Org waiting for a que. Blizzard runs a greater risk with that than they do with dailies. And they are starting to notice that. And if people really can't stand it, then take a break from the game or quit entirely. People want the game exactly how they think it should be. And because they're so hooked on it, they just can't stop playing. So they crusade for changes they want. And when they're denied, they lose their minds.

People need to learn to let go. If you can't, you're going to have a hard time in life.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddy View Post
    You don't need rep to PvP or Raid. You don't need Elder Charms for bonus rolls either. The only reason people talk about dailies as mandatory, is because they are loot whores.
    really??

you dont need rep to raid? so whats the plan? get to ilvl 463 blues and farm the 1st boss of moshugan vaults till the end of MOP? you will get nowhere with out end game enchants (sold by rep vendors) or any gear upgrade (sold by rep vendors) to better your chances to progress to beyond the 1st boss.

and you will never get to enter higher ilvl req raids like heart of fear now..
    oh and ..
    progress = kill harder bosses you couldnt kill before and get better gear from them to be able to kill even harder bosses till you get to kill the end boss of the xpac.

loot whores you say...., loot whores are ppl needing on gear they dont realy need to progress thier char, they do it purly for looks or cash,
    but loot is the blood of this game ,without it youre dead from the 2nd week of the xpac till the end of the xpac..

Deleted
    It always comes down to how much you play and how good you play it. If you play mediocre and want to progress at high-end rate you need to compensate with gear, aka put it more time to farm/craft. If you are a very good player even in 463+ gear you can do MGV and get loot then progress from there. If you are a poor skilled player that doesn't try to improve your playstyle and your gear and just complain you will just stay at that.

It still amazes me how people take there time to complain but will not put that time into learning to play there class better, learning boss encounters or do a few dailies.

TLDR: If you are a mediocre player (skill and gear wise) your progress will be mediocre, meaning you won't clear each raid instrance as it unlocks. That's what end of the line nerf hotfixes are for, so in the end almost all type of players gets to see the PvE content. End of story!

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    really??

you dont need rep to raid? so whats the plan? get to ilvl 463 blues and farm the 1st boss of moshugan vaults till the end of MOP? you will get nowhere with out end game enchants (sold by rep vendors) or any gear upgrade (sold by rep vendors) to better your chances to progress to beyond the 1st boss.

oh and ..
    progress = kill harder bosses you couldnt kill before and get better gear from them to be able to kill even harder bosses till you get to kill the end boss of the xpac.

loot whores you say...., loot whores are ppl needing on gear they dont realy need to progress thier char, they do it purly for looks or cash,
    but loot is the blood of this game ,without it youre dead from the 2nd week of the xpac till the end of the xpac..
    If you only can farm the first boss in MSV with 463 gear, how do you explain that over 500 guilds killed 6/6 MSV normal the first week of its opening, with everyone in 463 gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Most players don't hoard gold passed 10k, especially this early in the expansion. The casual and semi-casual players barely ever have that much in their wallets.
    Well this can't be right considering how much people are paying for some worthless (in my opinion) blue shit and stuff they could easily get with just a bit of effort... I'd say that gold is lying on the streets right now - you just have to pick it up

Deleted
    really??

oh and ..

This made my laugh
    463 gear enough only for farming first boss in MV you are kidding right?
    You don't need dailies for gear period.
    tbh justice points are useless, valor points are optional, high level enchants? There are people grinding rep, they will do enchants for you, just make some gold (not much gold really)
    Last but not least there is a loot pinata called LFR that will provide you with your epics for free.
    Dailies are not mandatory, CRZ after first burst of gankers, just give you people to quest with, and pvp always had issues with balance, that's the price you pay for classes being different.
    MoP is a great expansion and tbh when I talk to my guildies, or friends form my and other servers people agree on that 100% Whiners who don't even play WoW giving opinion on it are just funny...

really??

Get 460+, hit up the loot pinatas in LFR and in Kun-Lai. Hell, you can start killing Sha before you even hit level 90. And he drops 496 gear. First kill you even get freebie 476 boots.

Valor gear is ilvl 489.

Normal MV loot is ilvl 489.

If you "need" ilvl 489 gear to kill bosses who drop ilvl 489 gear, well, I don't know what to say...
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-11-07 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Nothing but dailies but you are still subscribed… :P

Well, I haven’t played the game for a year now so I don’t know how MoP plays out. I got enough in cata and didn’t find anything appealing myself in this xpac.
    Anyway, dailys is a bit of what this game is all about. In tbc it seems like it played a big part with gear being hard to get, rep needed to get keys to even be able to enter heroics. Wrath had some values for daily quests as well, everyone did son of hodir dailys… and then the fun dailys like argent tournament that didn’t give must haves but a place for mount and pet lovers. And noone can forget that they had to make the wintergrasp dailys weekly because so many people did them.

Personally in cata there was no daily quests with any meaning. Tol barad rewarded pve items for some strange reason, and never got updated. Fireland ones… I don’t know, I cleared the raid before I was even halfway through the daily quest chain, which ofc meant I already got better gear from raids so why bother? I understand that if you started playing in Cata you don’t know that the game has always had daily quests as an important part of it. It’s a grind, and if they manage to make them boring but a must have well, then the game will be boring.
    I read that the most frequent updates in the game now will be daily quests… so that’s what you have coming. Not appealing to make me ever want to come back to the game but that’s what you will get.
    I don’t know if they managed to make daily quests meaningful in MoP. People will run them as long as they are. But if it’s easier to obtain items and stuff in other ways… well the subnumbers after Christmas will be interesting to read :P

What they seem to have got right in this xpac is that you are able to spend gold on something. In cata nothing happened so you were stuck with playing the AH and got so much gold but nothing to spend it on. With this black market it will probably take long before people run out of things to buy. It makes the gold grind more appealing. But playing the ah according to me isn’t worth the subfee :P However it’s a change to the better from cata and I give them creds for that.
    I don’t understand why they sell memberships to some special guild for gold. Perhaps baby steps to f2p… you sub and get to be able to join a guild or you go f2p and need to buy for gold if you want to join a guild. I cant see how people can charge 30k for a guild membership. Does it give you secret access to the devs or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, so OP was actually posting he was a troll??? That's new... complaining about the state of the game isn't new, but admitting you don't even play it at the same time is new...

Welp.

Welpwelpwelp.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by whirlwinds View Post
    1) dont do dailys if it bothers you that much i do enough dailys per day to give me 13 charms and no more then it dont bother me
    2) yeh that does suck it was fun at first seeing lots of ppl but then it got tedious
    3) pvp balanced never has been never will be (aparently balanced round 3's LOL )

overall im enjoying the xpac
    Problem starts when you need the rep from dailys for valor gear.And if you play more than 1 char you are kinda screwed.

Personally I think they overdid the gating! That makes it a horrible xpac.
    it looks like their major design strategy was: how make things make more time?
    And then... ALL things. That is in my opnion, at the present time and after the changes we had during previous xpacs, a bad design decision.