Quote Originally Posted by Taziri View Post
    Romney said that his plan for the economy would get us to a balanced budget in EIGHT TO TEN YEARS. So I'm not sure why his people are trashing Obama for not being able to fix everything in four. Oh wait, yeah I am. Campaign rhetoric.
    So obama given 4 more years is gonna balance the budget after his first 4 years DOUBLED the deficit that bush did in 8? really Obama would have to be jesus christ to pull that one off. especially with obamacare kicking in and sucking more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    I'd be surprised if Romney wins, Obama raised $632,177,423.00 as opposed to Romney's $389,088,268.00. That makes a huge difference at the end of the day. It's funny because Mitt is supposed to be the champion of the 1% and he should be getting loads more money than Obama..
    You're forgetting SuperPACs.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so I'm clear on this question 6 business, is a yes vote for marriage equality?
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's extremely unlikely. Historically, even if the eventual victor is losing at the beginning, they still end up winning the popular vote in addition to the electoral college.

That said, it still does happen.
    Didn't Bush win the college but lose the popular vs Kerry in 2004?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    Just so I'm clear on this question 6 business, is a yes vote for marriage equality?
    yes /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Yes, but it was against Gore in 2000.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Wikipedia says Bush won the popular vote 62,040,610 to 59,028,444

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    I'd be surprised if Romney wins, Obama raised $632,177,423.00 as opposed to Romney's $389,088,268.00. That makes a huge difference at the end of the day. It's funny because Mitt is supposed to be the champion of the 1% and he should be getting loads more money than Obama..
    Campaign contributions are limited so Obama had more donors and thus more money. But the non-campaign contributions are unlimited. in Superpacs alone Romney got $378M vs $233M for Obama, and who knows how much the other organizations (funded by corporations) donated more for Romney than Obama.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it was Bush v Gore in 2000 where it last occurred.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    Wikipedia says Bush won the popular vote 62,040,610 to 59,028,444
    It's true. Imagine how goddamned awful a candidate would have to be to be beaten by a decent margin by Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    So obama given 4 more years is gonna balance the budget after his first 4 years DOUBLED the deficit that bush did in 8? really Obama would have to be jesus christ to pull that one off. especially with obamacare kicking in and sucking more money.
    This is just simply untrue. Bush added some 8-9 Trillion to the debt, Obama has at most added 1.4 trillion.

10+ Year Old Account
    When obama took office the debt was 11 trillion. It's 15.6 trillion now. Typical hyperbole.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    No, it was Bush v Gore in 2000 where it last occurred.
    Ah, I thought it was 2004 as the controversy of that election and 2000 was just Floridagate.

Forgot both happened in the same election.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

This is just simply untrue. Bush added some 8-9 Trillion to the debt, Obama has at most added 1.4 trillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Watching Florida, can't stop hitting refresh button: http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/res...e/FL#president
    Yeah, if Obama takes Florida, there will be no nailbiting necessary.

Deleted
    I assumed he was talking in the two states. That Obama had the lead despite Romney having more votes in those states.

As I listed underneath, unless zulu meant he's got more votes nation wide.
    I meant nationally, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how bad the economy gets in the U.S., I may leave this country. I trust neither canadate, and refuse to pay the debt because of some irresponsible politicians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    You must be very young. 2000 US Elections were nerve-wracking for me. Not to mention my own country ones.

I'm 22, 23 next week. I care a lot for my insurance that may go away if Romney goes. I won't go conspircy theory but..yeah I like living in the States. the 2000 election wasn't big for me as I wasn't exactly where I knew what I wanted or rather what was the better choice.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, if Obama takes Florida, there will be no nailbiting necessary.
    Ohio is more of the critical state actually. Without it, a Romney win is very unlikely.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    Depending on how bad the economy gets in the U.S., I may leave this country. I trust neither canadate, and refuse to pay the debt because of some irresponsible politicians.
    I guess you're going to be roaming around the world then because you'll never escape it.