10+ Year Old Account
    I heard not long ago about a Pennsylvania poling place having a machine set up next an Obama mural.... which is illegal since campaigning with 10ft of a machine is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Right is towards fascism and government control.
    You can go ahead and think that.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    You can go ahead and think that.
    Someone slept through their social studies classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The extremes of both are dictatorships. The right is fascism, the left is communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I heard not long ago about a Pennsylvania poling place having a machine set up next an Obama mural.... which is illegal since campaigning with 10ft of a machine is illegal
    It's on the front page of FoxNews.com. Illegal or not you won't find much traction here for the simple fact that it's being reported by Fox News. Even photographic evidence is likely to be dismissed here, especially since no other news source has picked up the story.

Realistically I think everyone can agree that BOTH sides do some underhanded things. I think it's more localized than institutionalized but it's despicable in every case. I encourage everyone I know to go and vote no matter their candidate of choice. I believe voting should be as easy and hassle free as possible to all Americans. However I also think you should have to verify who you are in some way when you go to vote.

I voted today and was once again disappointed that I didn't have to show some form of identification or voter registration. I half expect to arrive and find that someone else has voted in my place someday.
    Last edited by Whitepepper; 2012-11-06 at 06:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    This kind of thing is also "troubling".
    And not in any way surprising lol. When you get high ranking Repub politicians saying the only reason they are passing laws or changing rules is to corrupt their states vote, it should be obvious that there is only one party in this country committing voter fraud and it certainly isn't the Democrats voting with dead people.

Yes, both parties hacked into a few machines to make them change your vote! If you wanted Obama, it will select Romney. If you wanted Romney, it will select Obama. It knows you and these elite machines will select the other candidate.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Yes, both parties hacked into a few machines to make them change your vote! If you wanted Obama, it will select Romney. If you wanted Romney, it will select Obama. It knows you and these elite machines will select the other candidate.
    What happens if we vote 3rd party? Does the machine explode?

I kinda wish I could just vote Stephan Colbert / Jon Stewart. and call it the "Rational mockery" party

Deleted
    Haven't read all of the thread, so apologies if it's been already linked.

It's an online poll carried out by MSN from around the world asking who would they vote for if they could. All countries/regions featured all went with Obama except for China. The total came out at a resounding 81% in favour of Obama.

http://news.uk.msn.com/us-elections-...-except-china/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    What happens if we vote 3rd party? Does the machine explode?

I kinda wish I could just vote Stephan Colbert / Jon Stewart. and call it the "Rational mockery" party
    It just deletes your whole ballot if you vote third party. The major parties can't afford for them to get to the 5% threshold for public funding or god forbid whatever threshold is needed for the candidates to be included in the debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeggy View Post

It's an online poll carried out by MSN from around the world asking who would they vote for if they could. All countries/regions featured all went with Obama except for China. The total came out at a resounding 81% in favour of Obama.

I guess China thinks it's a turn on to be labelled a "currency manipulator" then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeggy View Post

Kind of puts it in perspective when a country of industrialized drones supports the candidate who best relates to the people by wanting to make everyone industrialized drones lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    The libertarian party is less conservative than the GOP is when it comes to social issues, more conservative when it comes to economic issues. I wouldn't call them far right.
    I think we need to come up with a forums-accepted, *official* political spectrum.

We keep mixing terms like 'liberal', 'conservative', 'right' and 'left'... To make matters worse, we also seem to be assigning authoritarian or anarchistic tendencies at random to the left and right of the political spectrum.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    derp, refreshed the page and got "Your computer had been infected with malware" warning, except it came form the website and not my anti virus. Assuming that was a bad ad trying to infiltrate my computer by relying on me being stupid and gullible?

Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    How many people voted already on here? If you did was it through mail in or walk in (or other if there is)?

I'm just wondering what people prefer to do on here.
    Well I already voted, walk in...I would've done mail in but I was already at the building so...
    I voted early last week. Walked in, filled in my votes for Pres and Senator, walked out. 3 minutes tops.
    Take it home Obama!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I think we need to come up with a forums-accepted, *official* political spectrum.

We keep mixing terms like 'liberal', 'conservative', 'right' and 'left'... To make matters worse, we also seem to be assigning authoritarian or anarchistic tendencies at random to the left and right of the political spectrum.
    I have been known to misinterpret the political spectrum, so I apologize if the statements I'm making are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    derp, refreshed the page and got "Your computer had been infected with malware" warning, except it came form the website and not my anti virus. Assuming that was a bad ad trying to infiltrate my computer by relying on me being stupid and gullible?
    Probably another bad adserver. I've been getting ad javascripts that hang lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Kind of puts it in perspective when a country of industrialized drones supports the candidate who best relates to the people by wanting to make everyone industrialized drones lol.
    Would that have anything to do with Republicans more willing to let manufacturing contracts go to China on the cheap rather than keep them in the US? Ergo, profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    The Romney concession speech will be incredibly amazing to watch. The Republican party WILL swing to the left after losing this election.
    Yea I thought that about the 2008 aftermath to some extent, didn't really work out lol. Regardless of left or right, if they lose they will have to make their platform more appealing to hispanics and women, those demographics are killing them and growing as a voter bloc.

10+ Year Old Account

Romney up in the Polls over Obama 49 to 48!

Rassmusen reports Romney 49% Obama 48%, 2% for another candidate.

The undecided usually sway towards the challenger, so things are looking good for Romney!

source: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll