10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Oh, come on. The Electoral College is completely irrelevant in today's world. Somebody in Ohio is currently worth like 150 people voting in Texas.

Does that sound like a fair system to you?
    Of course it does. Do you know WHY it's like that? 99.7 MILLION people in the United States altogether DO NOT VOTE. If every single one of those stupid people did not think to themselves that their vote "does not count," then results would not be so skewed. Only about 2/3 of Americans actually vote. If you do not vote, you do NOT have a right to complain. I understand one person does not make a difference, but close to 100 million people DO.

Whether you like the Electoral College or not,
    Remember this country is a REPUBLIC, not the Democracy people like to say.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Deficit vs the growth of the dollar. basically what the defecit is in comparison to what the dollar is now vs what the dollar was worth during times of stability.
    Inflation is quite low. I'm getting the impression that you're just trying to repeat things you heard somewhere else.

remember guys if you can still vote and you dont like either obama or romney, you can always choose a third party. http://www.isidewith.com/ is a great site to see who you side with most. i ended up getting like 90% with the green party and i thought i liked obama haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Worry about yourself, not the US. Saying you don't care is comparative to you being sick, you can take a red medicine or a blue medicine (sounds close to a movie...?), both will make you feel better. The red one will kill you, but make you feel better, while the blue one will make you feel better and allow you to live. It's insane for you to say that you do not care. Let me take a swing here and say you are a right wing extremist who lives in a highly Republican county/state while your situation is not very much affected by whoever wins.

Just to put this out there so you do not spout it as a defense: If you have healthcare right now, Obamacare actually helps you. If MORE people have healthcare, Healthcare companies have a higher incentive to lower rates for customers.
    Im from michigan one of the bluest states in the US. If it wasn't for Obama our state would have went bankrupt. And how does long lines at doctor offices and everyone having healthcare help people who actually work for a living and can afford healthcare now? it just makes us wait behind the bum with 8 kids from 6 different dads who lives off welfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the bailout money has already been paid back but yet were still growing debt? Iraq yeah ok cause having 1/4 of the troops in iraq that we did during bush's terms really wastes more money than 4x more during full assault mode war for bush's years. I'm not supporting bush in anyways I thought bush was our worst president in history. But to see the numbers and how Obama has grown the debt vs Bush when bush is considered one of the worst presidents in history I mean shit Obama should get a award for that level of failure.
    He's a worse President because the debt is a bit higher than when Bush left? Hmm. Okay...

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    No worries, you asked and you were curious.

That's the thing Obama EXTENDED the years of a kid(me) being on a parent's insurance plan up to 26 which helps me a lot. No I'm not leeching.
    not saying you are my parents make to much money for their insurance to cover me but we have tried for years but can't get coverage not even the state will cover me.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    Whether you like the Electoral College or not,
    Remember this country is a REPUBLIC, not the Democracy people like to say.
    Are you just repeating things you heard with no real comprehension of them? The country is no less a republic if the EC is eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So yeah your ignorant 3/5 comment is as outdated as electoral college.
    ... I don't have words.

I guess I'll try. The difference: One of the two was fixed by an amendment. And the same one of the two was always abhorrent by modern standards.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Candy Crowley is definitely NOT Eye Candy !! UGH !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for Romney, and I think he just might win. However, I'm not really watching or paying attention to the results tonight. We won't know for a couple of days anyway, when it's official. This will be a close one. (I am also trying to not get my hopes up too high, seeing as how an Obama victory is just as likely). In four years he could do a lot more damage, but I will also only be one year out of college so there will still be a lot of time for the next president to try and fix what he is likely going to screw up even more haha (completely my opinion, everyone). Anyway, best of luck to the two candidates......GO ROMNEY!

Question 6 aka gay marriage in MD is up 57% - 43% atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    What an ignorant statement you just made. You do realize the reason why we have electoral college was because of how much time and travel it took back when our country was founded. Plus the fact we only had 13 states and they didn't know we would add huge states like Florida, Texax, and California. Also the fact know way of knowing changing demographics and yeah the money spent in campaigns from the parties and SuperPacs. So yeah your ignorant 3/5 comment is as outdated as electoral college.

What I was saying is basically since your states our 45%/45% one party they, the political machines know exactly where to put all their money and effort into and making those electoral votes far more valuable than other states they just chalk off as blue or red.
    It is not ignorant. Do you realize what I was attempting to imply? Obviously not.

Candy Crowley is definitely NOT Eye Candy !! UGH !!
    Anderson Cooper more your type?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Are you just repeating things you heard with no real comprehension of them? The country is no less a republic if the EC is eliminated.
    Actually it would be, a vote solely based on population is not the basis of a republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    Question 6 aka gay marriage in MD is up 57% - 43% atm
    Fuck yes! Good job Maryland!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    I know right...The gap is 43,016 as of 30 seconds ago.
    Florida - 3421 votes Obama lead right now. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Im from michigan one of the bluest states in the US. If it wasn't for Obama our state would have went bankrupt. And how does long lines at doctor offices and everyone having healthcare help people who actually work for a living and can afford healthcare now? it just makes us wait behind the bum with 8 kids from 6 different dads who lives off welfare.
    It lowers their rates.

US, the only 1st world country in the world w/o mandatory Health Care. No, it doesn't. You are very short sighted.

Actually it would be, a vote solely based on population is not the basis of a republic.
    Yeah, you don't know what a Republic is. Stellar. A Republic elects representatives; this is still if it's by popular vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Thanks for lightening the mood, I needed a giggle.
    it's even more ironic that Itisamuh doesn't seem to know who the republican VP candidate is...