Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Odlaw...who?

Blizzard are naming items based on random, non famous people who die now?

Edit: So I googled him, and from what I can tell he's a guy...that made some random addons. How is that worthy of 'Striding always onwards in our hearts'?
    Are you serious right now? are you really asking why they would pay tribute to someone thats part of the community even if its something small as a item? Are you being serious? If so, wow disgusting.

15+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P. very nice tribute.

It's nice to know there is some very real meaning to things in our game. A fitting tribute, to be seen by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexanna View Post
    Bashers of this thread need to be banned imo. Rest in Peace Odlaw, I never knew you, but from what I read I would have been a better person for it. <3
    That's what the report button is for. Threads always being ruined by people like Sareth.

Faith in humanity restored and all that. Sorry to see Odlaw go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, really like the touch they added with the flavor text. This is a nice tribute. One of the many reasons I appreciate how much Blizzard cares about their community.

Deleted
    It's always hard to loose a friend.

May he always stride onward in your heart.

Deleted
    It is a really cool thing to do. I'm sure hes much missed.

Odlaw...who?

Edit: So I googled him, and from what I can tell he's a guy...that made some random addons. How is that worthy of 'Striding always onwards in our hearts'?
    Because its a nice thing to do and they could. Why does there have to be a reason to do something nice?

Jesus people piss me off sometimes.

My condolences on your loss. That is a very touching tribute by Blizzard. I hope "Odlaw" because a new loot name callback through future contact like we see with a lot of world drops (Zom's, etc).

thats really nice, and sorry for your loss :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhyde1986 View Post
    It is a really cool thing to do. I'm sure hes much missed.

Because its a nice thing to do and they could. Why does there have to be a reason to do something nice?

Jesus people piss me off sometimes.
    People are just pretending that they know who the hell this 'Odlaw' is to jump on the 'oh it's so nice' bandwagon. He's not even famous.

Deleted
    Odlaw...who?

I get the feeling you know that if you die only your 8 cats will miss you, for about 10 minutes and someone takes them to a new place, and that's why you're mad.
    You should try to be a nicer guy, you'll see that eventually you might even make friends and find people that care about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My deep condolences to his family and friends, and to all those who knew him online.

To Blizzard, my honest /salute for their goodwill of making an ingame memento of the devoted player, im sure all of his guildmates will cherish the item and the company's gesture.

People are just pretending that they know who the hell this 'Odlaw' is to jump on the 'oh it's so nice' bandwagon. He's not even famous.
    So sad that the world is filled with this kind of cold-hearted people

OT:
    very nice from blizzard

Its people like this that end up like mobs in the game we just kill over and over for our satisfaction.

Back to main,

R.I.P

Deleted
    Another great example that shows Blizzard really cares.

For those who still claim it is just a greedy, heartless corporation, search Google, Wowhead, Youtube and other media for "Blizard memorials". There are many of these little things in the game to commemorate someone who passed away. Be it a 10 year old player who had leukemia, or the brother of a developer.

Repeating the thread title: Thank you, Blizzard!

I'm not being a 'jerk.' It just baffles me that many people that play WoW, because they are just normal people, die everyday, and yet they get no mention from Blizzard.
    Perhaps he was more than your "normal person" who played wow, perhaps he helped people and touched more than a few hearts on wow. Perhaps blizzard recognized his work with add-ons and his general good character within the wow community. Perhaps he was the type of person that blizzard would like to have associated with their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurick View Post
    I can't post on the wow forums anymore, but it doesn't really matter. About a week ago the WoW community lost a good person, my friend Odlaw. He passed away, and to cut the story short, we made a thread to him here. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4011901?page=1

I'm not sure if Blizzard saw this or not, but today on mmo-champ I see this. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/93276-odlaws-everwalkers

I don't have words to describe how cool this is. I do wish I could post though to get a blue response about these.
    That's really awesome and sorry for your lost.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Always cool when they throw in stuff like this. Sucks about your friend though. Most people deserve a long life. Lame when it's cut short.

I'm very sorry for your friends passing, it's nice there is a tribute to him in game.